NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

I get that the mom is not really her at the end but I don't understand the tethering part. Thought the family were the only "clones" in the movies.
Only favorite part was when the neighbor said call the police then **** the police started playing :lol:
I saw on a decent hdcam stream, glad I didn't pay to see it.

I enjoyed it .Movie started off really slow and I was getting ready to write it off but when they got to the cabin is when it picked up. A few spoilers below.

It's not as thought provoking as some want to pretend it is but there was something to be said. K want to say it has to do with a rich and poor element. Specifically at the end when Lupuita's clone was saying you could've taken me with you and all of that.

There was a lot more humor than I thought it would be. It was appreciated because it would've been dull without it. The little girl when they got to the white folks house was with it. She was swinging that club and putting in work :lol:

On to the negatives. This was a bad role for Winston Duke. His character was dumb corny and Let upita carrying him in this film is an understatement. This was practically her film. And she killed it.

There could've been a more story. The film left me with many questions such as where did the clones come from? Based on the beginning monologue about how there are a lot or unused tunnels and all that under the US, I'm assuming the government is behind it but it wasn't touched upon. Small question such as why did they carry scissors specifically? Why did they appear all of a sudden? They could've explained the tethered part more. The explanation was too vague. And so forth. I know it's a good thing to leave a lot to the imagination but sometimes it's too much. I know it wouldn't come but I wouldn't mind a sequel based on all of the unanswered questions

The theatre, although a small audience was very into it. Too much into it. There was grown MFs in there screaming and saying the stereotypical "oh hell nah" type ****. Worst part it was dudes doing all thi. I'm only gonna watch horror related films in the AM now

Overall I give it an 8/10. Started off really slow but picked up and didn't slow down from there. Solid second effort from Peele.

I enjoyed it .Movie started off really slow and I was getting ready to write it off but when they got to the cabin is when it picked up. A few spoilers below.

It's not as thought provoking as some want to pretend it is but there was something to be said. K want to say it has to do with a rich and poor element. Specifically at the end when Lupuita's clone was saying you could've taken me with you and all of that.

There was a lot more humor than I thought it would be. It was appreciated because it would've been dull without it. The little girl when they got to the white folks house was with it. She was swinging that club and putting in work :lol:

On to the negatives. This was a bad role for Winston Duke. His character was dumb corny and Let upita carrying him in this film is an understatement. This was practically her film. And she killed it.

There could've been a more story. The film left me with many questions such as where did the clones come from? Based on the beginning monologue about how there are a lot or unused tunnels and all that under the US, I'm assuming the government is behind it but it wasn't touched upon. Small question such as why did they carry scissors specifically? Why did they appear all of a sudden? They could've explained the tethered part more. The explanation was too vague. And so forth. I know it's a good thing to leave a lot to the imagination but sometimes it's too much. I know it wouldn't come but I wouldn't mind a sequel based on all of the unanswered questions

The theatre, although a small audience was very into it. Too much into it. There was grown MFs in there screaming and saying the stereotypical "oh hell nah" type ****. Worst part it was dudes doing all thi. I'm only gonna watch horror related films in the AM now

Overall I give it an 8/10. Started off really slow but picked up and didn't slow down from there. Solid second effort from Peele.
8/10???
:lol: ur reviewing technique is trash

I wonder at the end did Lupita and the other ones soul switch or something.

Also if the boys did as well

I was supposed to go with my homey tonight but his mom passed yesterday so hes taking care of that. So im just going with my pops tonight.
Oh man, that's devastating. I feel for him.

Time with your dad is a good look though. Cherish that.

:rofl:@ bring a pillow & a blankie.

Going to check this out tonight & saw someone in the movie thread compare this to Killing of a Sacred Deer so I’m optimistic.

I live for artsie movies.

Back
Top Bottom