NORCAL SKI/SNOWBOARDING SEASON 2011/2012

just came back from alpine meadows. never really heard of this place until a couple weeks ago, but the bus & lift ticket package was only 90 on nacski. decent amount of people, but plenty of room to practice. decent terrain park if you wanna start doing tricks, but not really powdery. not too many runs, but theyre not that bad either. good place to go for a quick snowboarding fix, and its about 20 minutes from squaw valley, though youd probably go to squaw instead lol. 

just came back from alpine meadows. never really heard of this place until a couple weeks ago, but the bus & lift ticket package was only 90 on nacski. decent amount of people, but plenty of room to practice. decent terrain park if you wanna start doing tricks, but not really powdery. not too many runs, but theyre not that bad either. good place to go for a quick snowboarding fix, and its about 20 minutes from squaw valley, though youd probably go to squaw instead lol. 

Cool, I've heard good things about Alpine Meadows, but I haven't been yet. I will be heading up Friday night though, riding Alpine Saturday and hopefully Sunday too, should finally be some decent snow up there!!!

Cool, I've heard good things about Alpine Meadows, but I haven't been yet. I will be heading up Friday night though, riding Alpine Saturday and hopefully Sunday too, should finally be some decent snow up there!!!

dont forget to snag a bogo free lift ticket at your local shell station. fill up on 10 gallons (some cases you can get away with less than 10), ask the attendant for a voucher to sign, and bring the voucher and your receipt to the resort. sierra and northstar, the main resorts for this deal in cali,  has started to allow the voucher to be used on sundays for the rest of the season. i used one today at northstar (will be back again next sunday haha) and split it with a buddy of mine. $90 bucks for two lift tickets is money over there. resort is nice and all, but unless i have a season pass or have a decent discount, im not paying 90 for one lift ticket 
sick.gif
. because of this, there was a huge crowd today. felt like a saturday. 
click the link below for more details if you haven't heard of this

http://skifreedeals.com/resort

dont forget to snag a bogo free lift ticket at your local shell station. fill up on 10 gallons (some cases you can get away with less than 10), ask the attendant for a voucher to sign, and bring the voucher and your receipt to the resort. sierra and northstar, the main resorts for this deal in cali,  has started to allow the voucher to be used on sundays for the rest of the season. i used one today at northstar (will be back again next sunday haha) and split it with a buddy of mine. $90 bucks for two lift tickets is money over there. resort is nice and all, but unless i have a season pass or have a decent discount, im not paying 90 for one lift ticket 
sick.gif
. because of this, there was a huge crowd today. felt like a saturday. 
click the link below for more details if you haven't heard of this

http://skifreedeals.com/resort

Originally Posted by LORENander

That place is terrible for boarders, great for skiers.

Most of the black diamond runs have moguls
mad.gif
mad.gif
. The only decent runs were squares, and those aren't that fun to bomb down as much as the diamonds..

I enjoy Northstar a lot, but their lift tix prices are
eek.gif
esp. on holidays. No season pass FTL

Originally Posted by LORENander

That place is terrible for boarders, great for skiers.

Most of the black diamond runs have moguls
mad.gif
mad.gif
. The only decent runs were squares, and those aren't that fun to bomb down as much as the diamonds..

I enjoy Northstar a lot, but their lift tix prices are
eek.gif
esp. on holidays. No season pass FTL

Back
Top Bottom