NORCAL SKI/SNOWBOARDING SEASON 2011/2012

I'll be going to Mt. Rose this Saturday. Anyone been snowboarding there and have any comments about that place?

I'll be going to Mt. Rose this Saturday. Anyone been snowboarding there and have any comments about that place?

Originally Posted by Pogiboy67

for everyone thats getting a northstar sierra double whammy, do they only ask for school schedule? do you have to have a school id? or is a drivers license enough? thanks
You'll need to bring them a school schedule.  For those of you who don't go to school....find a friend that is taking more than 12 credits and scan their schedule and change the name and info to yours and you should be good. 

Originally Posted by Pogiboy67

for everyone thats getting a northstar sierra double whammy, do they only ask for school schedule? do you have to have a school id? or is a drivers license enough? thanks
You'll need to bring them a school schedule.  For those of you who don't go to school....find a friend that is taking more than 12 credits and scan their schedule and change the name and info to yours and you should be good. 

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Awesome, appreciate the info! Thanks, I'll definitely keep all those places and what to get in mind. I'm pretty excited to go out there for this first time. Hope I don't get too banged up, haha.

no prob man. dont get too discouraged if you fall a lot. everyone goes through the growing pains on the first time or 2. 
any NTers looking for a camelbak, heart reate monitors usa is selling mules for $63. just copped one myself, free shipping. no tax (depends on state i guess). would have been nice to actually use mine up there when i went to heavenly a few weeks ago except the water in the damn tube froze 
laugh.gif

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/camelbak-mule-clearance.html

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

Awesome, appreciate the info! Thanks, I'll definitely keep all those places and what to get in mind. I'm pretty excited to go out there for this first time. Hope I don't get too banged up, haha.

no prob man. dont get too discouraged if you fall a lot. everyone goes through the growing pains on the first time or 2. 
any NTers looking for a camelbak, heart reate monitors usa is selling mules for $63. just copped one myself, free shipping. no tax (depends on state i guess). would have been nice to actually use mine up there when i went to heavenly a few weeks ago except the water in the damn tube froze 
laugh.gif

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/camelbak-mule-clearance.html

Originally Posted by dream5hift

Mt. Rose is pretty good. Plenty of runs for all different skill levels. The higher elevation keeps the snow loose. I never did hit any slush or icy spots. The lift tickets are ok...kinda on the pricey side to me. But not like heavenly. The only thing is the distance. No up and down to Mt. Rose.

Originally Posted by dream5hift

Mt. Rose is pretty good. Plenty of runs for all different skill levels. The higher elevation keeps the snow loose. I never did hit any slush or icy spots. The lift tickets are ok...kinda on the pricey side to me. But not like heavenly. The only thing is the distance. No up and down to Mt. Rose.

Heads up if you need your board waxed, sports authority has their friends and family starting tomorrow! Not sure if it applies but its worth a try..

BTW: anyone know the cheapest place to buy heavenly resort tix? Thanks in advance!

Heads up if you need your board waxed, sports authority has their friends and family starting tomorrow! Not sure if it applies but its worth a try..

BTW: anyone know the cheapest place to buy heavenly resort tix? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by PWalrus

@ Northstar yesterday, had a great time riding fast groomers and finding freshness in the trees.

you on a Burton Custom PW?

Monday or Tuesday, can't remember, but this was after the weekend storm. Weather started warming up on Tuesday, made for nice, soft snow conditions but not quite slush.
scottlaketahoe.jpg

*this is my friend. I do not ski nor look as kooky as my friend here.
** Edit: This was Northstar btw

Originally Posted by PWalrus

@ Northstar yesterday, had a great time riding fast groomers and finding freshness in the trees.

you on a Burton Custom PW?

Monday or Tuesday, can't remember, but this was after the weekend storm. Weather started warming up on Tuesday, made for nice, soft snow conditions but not quite slush.
scottlaketahoe.jpg

*this is my friend. I do not ski nor look as kooky as my friend here.
** Edit: This was Northstar btw

If anyone is interested, I got an extra one of this in size 10.5. message me if interested, trying to help out the NT community!

82087_lg.jpg

If anyone is interested, I got an extra one of this in size 10.5. message me if interested, trying to help out the NT community!

82087_lg.jpg

No size 10? I wear 11 in sneakers but got 9.5 for rental and feels a little to snug in toe area. That's why I want a 10 so my toes touch the front with comfort. You guys size down 1 or 1.5?

No size 10? I wear 11 in sneakers but got 9.5 for rental and feels a little to snug in toe area. That's why I want a 10 so my toes touch the front with comfort. You guys size down 1 or 1.5?

There's really no rule of thumb on how much one should down size for a pair of snowboard boots. Everyone's feet are different, as well as their preference for how their streets shoe fit. On top of that, just like sneakers, not all brand of snowboard boots fit the same. I wear 10.5 - 11 in street shoes. My current boot is a 10.5 but most other boots I'm a 10.

There's really no rule of thumb on how much one should down size for a pair of snowboard boots. Everyone's feet are different, as well as their preference for how their streets shoe fit. On top of that, just like sneakers, not all brand of snowboard boots fit the same. I wear 10.5 - 11 in street shoes. My current boot is a 10.5 but most other boots I'm a 10.

sw00shm4n, yeah it's a Burton Custom 162 from a year or two ago, good board
happy.gif
I love that view from East Ridge @ Northstar, looks like it was a warm day up there!

sw00shm4n, yeah it's a Burton Custom 162 from a year or two ago, good board
happy.gif
I love that view from East Ridge @ Northstar, looks like it was a warm day up there!

Surprisingly, that picture was taken monday afternoon. It was still snowing in the morning, but in a matter of an hour or so around noon, the skies completely cleared. wednesday was complete poop (warm and rainy) so we just left without riding that day.

Surprisingly, that picture was taken monday afternoon. It was still snowing in the morning, but in a matter of an hour or so around noon, the skies completely cleared. wednesday was complete poop (warm and rainy) so we just left without riding that day.

heading to tahoe and staying multiple nights. anyone have any nightlife suggestions that don't include clubs. more like bar scenes, where all the riders go?

Back
Top Bottom