Norcal's GRUB Thread

Originally Posted by LORENander

Since I mentioned earlier about koyko's in hayward for sushi buffets,south bay heads can go to Eastridge mall in SJ. Its Tomi's, next to Red Robin, close by JC Penney. Its $12 for lunch. 

Are they still doing that "20% off" promo? Tomi isn't that bad, but for a sushi/asian buffet, I personally like Tatami over at Vallco mall in Cupertino. If you like Todai, I think this place is better. Plus, rack of lamb during their dinner service is
pimp.gif

I've been meaning to try Tomi, but thought it was more expensive. But you said $12 I'd come here. I am here right now as I type haha.

Tomi as in the Daly City one? I like it, but I say dinner isn't worth it. Lunch is worth it.

Go overboard with the Unagi
pimp.gif

Here's Tani's Kitchen:

Got the Chicken Katsu with curry over rice...This was only like 1/3 of the curry the gave me
laugh.gif
($10.05):

2vvom0g.jpg

Originally Posted by kamakazipnoygt

Originally Posted by LORENander

Since I mentioned earlier about koyko's in hayward for sushi buffets,south bay heads can go to Eastridge mall in SJ. Its Tomi's, next to Red Robin, close by JC Penney. Its $12 for lunch. 

Are they still doing that "20% off" promo? Tomi isn't that bad, but for a sushi/asian buffet, I personally like Tatami over at Vallco mall in Cupertino. If you like Todai, I think this place is better. Plus, rack of lamb during their dinner service is
pimp.gif
Originally Posted by thapointguy

I've been meaning to try Tomi, but thought it was more expensive. But you said $12 I'd come here. I am here right now as I type haha.
Originally Posted by Luong1209

Tomi as in the Daly City one? I like it, but I say dinner isn't worth it. Lunch is worth it.

Go overboard with the Unagi 
pimp.gif

not anymore. my buddy and i caught the last day of the "10% off" promo, which was last friday. ill have to look into tatami next time. thapointguy what did you think? place was crackin for lunch last week. food was not bad imo. my homie who i went with also thought i was talking about the one in daly city too. ill make of note of it not being worth it for dinner.

Sushi selection was pretty good for lunch. Can't beat that for $12. Chinese food selection was okay from what I saw and ate. I had to take my cousin home before I had to go to work so I was rushing so I might have missed some food. Didn't get to try their noodle soups and dim sum. Desserts were the same as other places. Tomi would be a go to spot if I want large quantity of sushi for a good price. You might also like Oriental Sushi Buffet by Santana Row. It opened not too long ago. Their sushi and sashimi selection is better than Tomi. Not sure what the price for lunch was since we went for dinner. Out of all the places I've been recently, I like Newark Buffet the most. Their king crab legs for dinner is really good. Honey shrimp is off the hook as well.

11.95 I believe...I think it's a great deal. Dinner is much more and I don't think the difference is worth it...

Some notables:

- Unagi
laugh.gif
...I love it
- Dragonroll (mediocre) as well as other rolls
- X.O rice noodles
- Tempura
- Seaweed Salad
- BBQ pork + Roast pork
- Dim sum (Did not like)
- Some egg noodles in soup

Then there's the fried rice, noodles and etc.

I'll be in the city tomorrow I'm not sure if I'm going to Millers or Ikes. 
BabyMJ nice pics
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

BabyMJ nice pics
pimp.gif
Yooo go to millers, after a nice meal from millers go walk down a block to bob's donut and get your self one of those giant glazed donut or apple fritters SWAG
pimp.gif

11.95 I believe...I think it's a great deal. Dinner is much more and I don't think the difference is worth it...

Some notables:

- Unagi
laugh.gif
...I love it
- X.O rice noodles
- Tempura
- Seaweed Salad
- BBQ pork + Roast pork
- Dim sum (Did not like)

I don't see the point in driving there when Tomi is the basically the same based on your description. Does the owner own both restaurants? Name sounds alike so I'm curious. 

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Some notables:

- Unagi
laugh.gif
...I love it
- X.O rice noodles
- Tempura
- Seaweed Salad
- BBQ pork + Roast pork
- Dim sum (Did not like)

I don't see the point in driving there when Tomi is the basically the same based on your description. Does the owner own both restaurants? Name sounds alike so I'm curious. 
I wouldn't say come all the way out to Daly City just for this place.

I was with my mom and we were gonna get some sushi and two plates would've already cost 25 or so + tax. So why not spend a few extra dollars and come here? Which is what we did.

Originally Posted by ClassicJumpMan23

Originally Posted by LB510

BabyMJ nice pics
pimp.gif
Yooo go to millers, after a nice meal from millers go walk down a block to bob's donut and get your self one of those giant glazed donut or apple fritters SWAG
pimp.gif
I went Hot pastrami (9oz) cole slaw with onion rings
pimp.gif
 I think there pastrami maybe just a little bit better than Ikes.

Went to  Hall of Flame today -> It was ok. My burger got soggy (Mushroom/onion burger), but didn't think it was too special.

Got a philly cheeseteak for my brother, I thought it was pretty good.

Hall of Flame is alright if you live at Park Merced and don't drive. If you do drive and want a better burger, I say hit up Burgermeister in West Lake. That was my go-to burger spot (waaaaaay better than Nation's). However, after moving to the Inner Sunset, I have to say that Jenny's Burger is by far the best burger I've had in San Francisco. Sorry there's no pics, but you kinda just have to try it for yourself because I PROMISE pics won't do it any justice.

Originally Posted by TiDE619

Hall of Flame is alright if you live at Park Merced and don't drive. If you do drive and want a better burger, I say hit up Burgermeister in West Lake. That was my go-to burger spot (waaaaaay better than Nation's). However, after moving to the Inner Sunset, I have to say that Jenny's Burger is by far the best burger I've had in San Francisco. Sorry there's no pics, but you kinda just have to try it for yourself because I PROMISE pics won't do it any justice.

Ahhhh...The Inner Sunset. I miss the old hood- fog included. No place like it I tell ya. Anyhoo...never been to Jenny's. I need to try it one day. That location used to be Slider's which was my old reliable so I'm assuming they still use the rotating grill? Darla's was also a good spot for a juicy burger too but I've heard they fell off somewhat lately.

Back
Top Bottom