Norcal's GRUB Thread

I used to live on Dwight in between Dana and Telegraph. Right across the street from Rochdale Apartments. Here's my contribution:
Berkeley
Barney's Gourmet Hamburgers
Angeline's Louisiana Kitchen
T-Rex BBQ

angeline's is overpriced imo.

where is t rex?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know any places where they don't ID you? Like restaurants, bars, cafes, etc.

Last edited:
Anyone know any places where they don't ID you? Like restaurants, bars, cafes, etc.

If you go to Cafe Durant during happy hour, as long as you get a hold of a cup you can drink. People buy pitchers and they ask you for an ID to get a plastic cup. It is possible to get a hold of a cup from a 21+ friend.

Specifically, any places from SF down to San Mateo? All my friends turned 21 and I don't have a fake, so I feel a little left out at restaurants hahah 
ohwell.gif

You cant forget about the new Pollo Campero in San Francisco's Mission District, Guatemala's World Famous Chicken!!!!!

Here is another 1 for yall breakfast lovers ya gotta check out Boulevard in Daly City, its off da hook doe buddies

Damn...this thread been on the backburner for a minute. For all you East Bay heads, if you ain't heard....Monkey King Pub and Grub in Alameda. Cheap food and drinks. I usually can get pretty buzzed and leave super full...for about 15 bucks.

There's a couple of new spots in the East bay for folks to try.

Fauna Bar (next to Flora) in Oakland. Especially go to Flora for that crack Sea Salt Caramel Pudding. :smokin
East Bay Shoe Clean and Service, at Lake Merritt, Oakland. It's a small hipster cafe that just started.
There's a brand new Southeast Asian Tapas, spot. Couldn't recall but its right next to Catered 2 U, in Downtown Oakland.
For Temescal (North Oakland/South Berkeley) folks, there's Doughnut Dolly's and Cro Cafe (serving SF's sightglass brews) in Hipster Alley

San Francisco
Kirimachi Ramen in the North Beach/Chinatown Area
Try out Frozen Kuhsturd Food Truck from SSF/Daly City, they got an awesome Doughnut and Custard sandwich offering at the SoMa food truck meet.
Hops and Hominy for a refined taste in Southern Cuisine (old-fashioned bacon cocktails)

South Bay
Gelato Classico in Mtn. View for one of the top Gelato spots
Treatbot Food Truck has an excellent ice cream flavor called The 408 worth trying.
Barefoot Coffee Roasters has the voodoo coffee signature drink and their spin on cafe creme brulee is worth trying.

If anyone wants to know more specific cuisine suggestions, lemme know and I'll share some :D

^ Everett and Jones 
pimp.gif

Not strictly BBQ but Brown Sugar Kitchen in West Oakland on Mandela Parkway have some amazing stuff on the menu too. 

^ Everett and Jones :pimp:

Not strictly BBQ but Brown Sugar Kitchen in West Oakland on Mandela Parkway have some amazing stuff on the menu too. 
Everett and jones is hit and miss for me it's not worth putting up with the bad attitude and service. Brown Sugar has been on my radar, what's a good food recommendation from there?

Everett and jones is hit and miss for me it's not worth putting up with the bad attitude and service. Brown Sugar has been on my radar, what's a good food recommendation from there?

It is every once in a while I usually always go with the chicken and links and on occasion the brisket. Wasn't really impressed with Brown Sugar when I went.

I've heard Phat Matt's BBQ (Oakland) and Smoke (Berkeley) are worth checking out in terms of BBQ offerings.

I'll also co-sign on T-Rex, although it says not that great of a rating on Yelp and other spots I've always enjoyed their BBQ.

I've heard Phat Matt's BBQ (Oakland) and Smoke (Berkeley) are worth checking out in terms of BBQ offerings.

I'll also co-sign on T-Rex, although it says not that great of a rating on Yelp and other spots I've always enjoyed their BBQ.
Tried phat Matt's twice and didn't care for it I did T. rex a couple years ago so I don't remember it. I've wanted to try Smoke for a while but I usually am in that area on Sundays and I try to go only to remember that that they are closed

Back
Top Bottom