Norouz Mobarak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- HAPPY PERSIAN NEW YEARS!!(PICS)!!!COME ON IN AND POST! !!!!!

Happy Persian New years to all my Persian NTers

and Happy Persian New Years to everyone

Norouz dates back to 15,000 years ago....it is based on the coming of the spring and the new fresh start.

Haft Sîn

Originally Posted by SchruteFarms

eide shomaha mobarak!

HAHA, YES!!!!!!! you too my man! and ....GO LAKERS, Persia's offical NBA team.
tongue.gif

I want some of that pudding, although I hope it's better than that bitter drink I tried...

Do you keep it there when you eat too? How long do you keep the items on the table? Are there other traditions/celebrations that go along with your new years?Is there a reason why the items start specifically with the letter "S"?

Looks pretty cool, btw. First time seeing this and if I ever walked into somebody's home with this setup, I'd probably eat some of the nuts withoutrealizing
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by gko2408

Do you keep it there when you eat too? How long do you keep the items on the table? Are there other traditions/celebrations that go along with your new years? Is there a reason why the items start specifically with the letter "S"?

Looks pretty cool, btw. First time seeing this and if I ever walked into somebody's home with this setup, I'd probably eat some of the nuts without realizing
embarassed.gif

we eat the eggs the next moring, we keep only keep the sabzeh for a week later where we throw the patch of grass in a river to introduce new lifeto the world. The traditions is to get around family, eat, drink wine and celebrate being together and being one. and there is nothing wrong with eating a fewnuts....we are a very laid back people.

Where did you get the grass? And what kind of wine are you drinking? And are there any other alcoholic beverages involved???

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Where did you get the grass? And what kind of wine are you drinking? And are there any other alcoholic beverages involved???

We grow the grass ourselfs two weeks before.

Right now we are drinkings French Rabbit and various kinds of Shiraz.

and the other alcoholic beverages include Vodka and Champagne.

Norouz Mobarak my dudes.

I've never been into persian/afghan functions, but anyone know of things happening in the NY area. I know of a big thing going down in jersey, but i'drather not travel so far.

And a
pimp.gif
to spring finally coming.

Originally Posted by kash55

Originally Posted by gko2408

Do you keep it there when you eat too? How long do you keep the items on the table? Are there other traditions/celebrations that go along with your new years? Is there a reason why the items start specifically with the letter "S"?

Looks pretty cool, btw. First time seeing this and if I ever walked into somebody's home with this setup, I'd probably eat some of the nuts without realizing
embarassed.gif

we eat the eggs the next moring, we keep only keep the sabzeh for a week later where we throw the patch of grass in a river to introduce new life to the world. The traditions is to get around family, eat, drink wine and celebrate being together and being one. and there is nothing wrong with eating a few nuts....we are a very laid back people.

very laid back. so much so that it's almost corny sometimes in my family
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PersianBalla

Eid Moborak..

Time to get that cheddarrrrrrrr from the uncles
I'm too old now so i don't get money anymore
ohwell.gif

But grandma still hooks it up every eid
happy.gif

I got $100 US tonight, but to tell you guys the truth I'd rather have 100Euros....

Back
Top Bottom