Nostradamus = a crock

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

he did say one prediction that is 100% true

he said that many years after his death, his work would still be talked about and thats a prediction u cant argue

not sure if serious? 

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

I'm saying. and then his biggest and most ominous prediction is about the third anti-christ. Have you looked through history or do you just skim through it ? There have been a hundred men that have committed as many if not more atrocities against men..some of them were POPES.

His predictions are self-perpetuating.

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

I'm saying. and then his biggest and most ominous prediction is about the third anti-christ. Have you looked through history or do you just skim through it ? There have been a hundred men that have committed as many if not more atrocities against men..some of them were POPES.

His predictions are self-perpetuating.

I laugh at ppl reaching to make it look like Nostradamus' predictions came true with wild connections to events in the present more than I laugh at anything he predicted.

It's pretty much historically documented that people buying in to things like this is unfortunately VERY common. Almost seems like human nature.

I laugh at ppl reaching to make it look like Nostradamus' predictions came true with wild connections to events in the present more than I laugh at anything he predicted.

It's pretty much historically documented that people buying in to things like this is unfortunately VERY common. Almost seems like human nature.

He made a lot of vague predictions that people believe word for word..On some "in 1000-2000 years there will be a huge natural catastrophe in one of the world's biggest empires" and people relate it to Katrina...There's a natural catastrophe everywhere in the world every year..He's on some cable guy stuff talkin bout "I'll be there between 12pm and 5pm" so when he comes at 4:45 you can't say he was late

He made a lot of vague predictions that people believe word for word..On some "in 1000-2000 years there will be a huge natural catastrophe in one of the world's biggest empires" and people relate it to Katrina...There's a natural catastrophe everywhere in the world every year..He's on some cable guy stuff talkin bout "I'll be there between 12pm and 5pm" so when he comes at 4:45 you can't say he was late

Originally Posted by AF92

You can't say Nostradamus wasn't SPOT ON with a bunch of his predictions.

I can say this: Nostradamus wasn't spot on with any of his predictions.

Basically he wrote a bunch of stuff and over the next hundreds of years events were bound to happen that you could somehow connect (through reaching) to those writings. No one has ever actually predicted future through Nostradamus' writings. It's always AFTER the event takes place that people go to see what Nostradamus wrote and find something in his writings that matches the event, even though it never actually matches it completely and a lot of reaching takes place to connect the two.

You can't say Nostradamus wasn't SPOT ON with a bunch of his predictions.

I can say this: Nostradamus wasn't spot on with any of his predictions.

Basically he wrote a bunch of stuff and over the next hundreds of years events were bound to happen that you could somehow connect (through reaching) to those writings. No one has ever actually predicted future through Nostradamus' writings. It's always AFTER the event takes place that people go to see what Nostradamus wrote and find something in his writings that matches the event, even though it never actually matches it completely and a lot of reaching takes place to connect the two.

I don't believe in his predictions at all. Like Xtapolapacetl says, you can look an event after it happens and perhaps match it to a Nostrodamus prophecy and make some sort of connection, but the problem is that none of his predictions are specific enough where you can match it with certainty to a specific event.

I don't believe in his predictions at all. Like Xtapolapacetl says, you can look an event after it happens and perhaps match it to a Nostrodamus prophecy and make some sort of connection, but the problem is that none of his predictions are specific enough where you can match it with certainty to a specific event.

Originally Posted by cartune

he said that many years after his death, his work would still be talked about and thats a prediction u cant argue

not sure if serious? 

yea it was one of his quatrains (sp?)

Originally Posted by cartune

not sure if serious? 

yea it was one of his quatrains (sp?)

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

You can't say Nostradamus wasn't SPOT ON with a bunch of his predictions. I'm not totally in his favor but some of his work is wild.

5koh01.jpg

51dIyfUL3KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

AntonLaVey wrote:

HISTER=HITLER?

Hister means the Danube River, in Austria right where Hitler was born. He also predicted that the second Anti-Christ would take power in western Europe.
Also predicted the first Anti-Christ would be born near Italy and Napoleon was born in Corsica. And he also named three french cities when he was claiming where the first Anti -Christ would take gain his power.

Not saying I subscribe to his predictions.

AntonLaVey wrote:

HISTER=HITLER?

Hister means the Danube River, in Austria right where Hitler was born. He also predicted that the second Anti-Christ would take power in western Europe.
Also predicted the first Anti-Christ would be born near Italy and Napoleon was born in Corsica. And he also named three french cities when he was claiming where the first Anti -Christ would take gain his power.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

AntonLaVey wrote:

HISTER=HITLER?

How many antichrists are there? And isn't the antichrist supposed to bring about armageddon.....life went on after Hitler and ww2

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

AntonLaVey wrote:

HISTER=HITLER?

How many antichrists are there? And isn't the antichrist supposed to bring about armageddon.....life went on after Hitler and ww2

Back
Top Bottom