Not Getting Financial Aid Vol:Other options?

My parents make about $100,000,  I submitted my fafsa, applied for grants etc. I had good grades and I felt that I met the grant criteria. Fast forward to today I go talk to a family friend that works as the director of grants. He tells me that grants are state money so they follow a congressional formula. If your parents make above a certain income then you're chucked out consideration of receiving the grant. I asked if I could do work study and he said the same formula applies for work study since it's federal money.

SO are there any other NTers like me not getting any outside financial support in their pursuit of higher edumacation?
What other forms of aid helped you? Should I even consider applying for work study?
I'm not familiar with what my school offers, so I'm sure "NT Knows".
inb4 get a job. Been trying to get a job since I was 16.
laugh.gif

My parents make about $100,000,  I submitted my fafsa, applied for grants etc. I had good grades and I felt that I met the grant criteria. Fast forward to today I go talk to a family friend that works as the director of grants. He tells me that grants are state money so they follow a congressional formula. If your parents make above a certain income then you're chucked out consideration of receiving the grant. I asked if I could do work study and he said the same formula applies for work study since it's federal money.

SO are there any other NTers like me not getting any outside financial support in their pursuit of higher edumacation?
What other forms of aid helped you? Should I even consider applying for work study?
I'm not familiar with what my school offers, so I'm sure "NT Knows".
inb4 get a job. Been trying to get a job since I was 16.
laugh.gif

if you're not getting financial aid, you're not getting work study because it's just a different form of financial aid.

get a job.

if you're not getting financial aid, you're not getting work study because it's just a different form of financial aid.

get a job.

Apply for scholarships. I'm in a similar situation as you and I got the Lowe's Scholarship and my mom's company's scholarship which totaled $4000 off of my freshman year.

If you can manage without loans, don't get them. You're not going to want to pay them off once you're out of school.

Other than that, find a job on campus at your school. They should be really easy to get.

Apply for scholarships. I'm in a similar situation as you and I got the Lowe's Scholarship and my mom's company's scholarship which totaled $4000 off of my freshman year.

If you can manage without loans, don't get them. You're not going to want to pay them off once you're out of school.

Other than that, find a job on campus at your school. They should be really easy to get.

no doubt, you got lots of loan offers, which even the rich kids end up getting. But some schools let you convert loans to work study. see if you can do that.

no doubt, you got lots of loan offers, which even the rich kids end up getting. But some schools let you convert loans to work study. see if you can do that.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

I'm got like 6 loan offers which totals up to $3,500 subsidized and $2,000 unsubsidized. How do I turn any of this money into work study?

I'm got like 6 loan offers which totals up to $3,500 subsidized and $2,000 unsubsidized. How do I turn any of this money into work study?

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

For me, I logged in to my school's website that contains registration and financial aid information for undergrads. And from there I went to my offer letter. It was easy for me, because there's a tab right there that shows my total loan amount, and I just simply input how much I went to convert.

Same thing here, my dad makes about the same but in reality is not enough when all these bills have to be paid, so Ive wasted 3 years of my life in which I wish I would had gone to college... biggest regret ever.

Same thing here, my dad makes about the same but in reality is not enough when all these bills have to be paid, so Ive wasted 3 years of my life in which I wish I would had gone to college... biggest regret ever.

Back
Top Bottom