Not Getting Financial Aid Vol:Other options?

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Originally Posted by Savraj1

no doubt, you got lots of loan offers, which even the rich kids end up getting. But some schools let you convert loans to work study. see if you can do that.

I'm got like 6 loan offers which totals up to $3,500 subsidized and $2,000 unsubsidized. How do I turn any of this money into work study?
For me, I logged in to my school's website that contains registration and financial aid information for undergrads. And from there I went to my offer letter. It was easy for me, because there's a tab right there that shows my total loan amount, and I just simply input how much I went to convert.

no doubt, you got lots of loan offers, which even the rich kids end up getting. But some schools let you convert loans to work study. see if you can do that.

I'm got like 6 loan offers which totals up to $3,500 subsidized and $2,000 unsubsidized. How do I turn any of this money into work study?

yuku

yuku

yuku x 2

yuku x 2

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Wow get a job.
Wow. A lot of us do hold down jobs. I work 30 hours a week, get paid biweekly. I work more hours than most of the full time students I know and even I can only cover rent/utilities/groceries on my income. College is expensive. What about tuition? Books? Student fees?

In short, no jack *%%, it's not as simple as "get a job."

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Wow get a job.
Wow. A lot of us do hold down jobs. I work 30 hours a week, get paid biweekly. I work more hours than most of the full time students I know and even I can only cover rent/utilities/groceries on my income. College is expensive. What about tuition? Books? Student fees?

In short, no jack *%%, it's not as simple as "get a job."

I have a question. Is there any way to get around the dependent status? Like I would like to change it to independent.

I have a question. Is there any way to get around the dependent status? Like I would like to change it to independent.

Man *%!@ that "Get a Job" BS.

Ain't no job that you can have IN SCHOOL that'll make a significant dent in your tuition. If so, you wouldn't be in school.

If you're parents don't want to do a PLUS loan, you're gonna have to apply for more loans.

Yea it sucks but if you want that degree and there's no other options, you're gonna have to bite the bullet.

Man *%!@ that "Get a Job" BS.

Ain't no job that you can have IN SCHOOL that'll make a significant dent in your tuition. If so, you wouldn't be in school.

If you're parents don't want to do a PLUS loan, you're gonna have to apply for more loans.

Yea it sucks but if you want that degree and there's no other options, you're gonna have to bite the bullet.

^do your parents put you on their taxes? do you have a job? theres a certain amount that qualifies you as an independent

schools usually offer monthly payment plans, ask the cashiers office for more info or check their website

^do your parents put you on their taxes? do you have a job? theres a certain amount that qualifies you as an independent

schools usually offer monthly payment plans, ask the cashiers office for more info or check their website

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

It doesn't work like that anymore. I tried filing for financial aid as an independent and the US Government's definition of an independent is intense. You have to be at least 24 years old.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

It doesn't work like that anymore. I tried filing for financial aid as an independent and the US Government's definition of an independent is intense. You have to be at least 24 years old.

Back
Top Bottom