NT All Time MLB Re-Draft vol: Voting is Open

D6B0E1FB-E0B8-4A77-B3A0-B72D0777F7A0.jpeg

My next pick is not a current player but he is currently getting paid and will continue to be paid by the Mets. My dude should get extra points for finessing his way into a paycheck till 2035.

3B Bobby Bonilla
3x silver slugger
6x all star
2k hits
1k runs

For the record I only want 1990 Bobby, and would like to have 2 weeks in May and 1 week in September ommited from the record.

lifetime .279 hitter. doesn't quite pass @a55a5in11's "stringent" drafting bar

:lol::smh:

Only on NT would an all time MLB redraft bring all the elitist baseball snobs out the woodworks with all their sabremetrics.
Some of y’all are worst than the MLB committee for HOF inductees.

Hahaha. You dont need sabremetrics. You could basically choose any statistical measure to show it was a god awful pick.

I was quick with all my picks except one that was late on a Friday night East Coast time and one on a Saturday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't measure the future though.

I haven't said anything either way, but in terms of "projectibility" which is what all of this is, he's a solid choice.

He already has a ring. He has an NLCS MVP. He has a playoff game winning Homer. He has a World Series game 7 homer. He can hit with power, and steal bases. He's one of the best defensive players we've ever seen, AT MULTIPLE positions. He can play SS, 2B, and 3B with ease, and even mix in 1B, and some OF if in a pinch, and he's the emergency catcher if you can believe that.

Will he ever hit .330? No, he will not.
Will he ever lead the league in walks? No, he will not.

Will he hit 300+ home runs win some gold gloves and play in a ton of playoff games the next 12-15 years? Very possible.

Now, does that belong in an All Time Draft? Eh, that's someone's opinion. Me, I didn't have him on my radar. But I am EASILY the person on this board who has seen him play the most and I am well aware of his skillset. Talent wise, he belongs, career wise, he may not be there yet. But in 2-3 years when we look back at all our teams/rosters, he very well may look like a steal, or, he could look like a complete reach. That's the risk we all take.

ALL TIME isn't limited to the past and current...at least in my mind

i know we won't, but if we look back in 5 years, he could very well belong. and in the 11th round might be a good pick

Back
Top Bottom