NT ARTISTS, COME INSIDE... Got an idea, need opinions - Possible work

My grandmother gave me this sheet of money probably 20 years ago.
Had this idea the other day of having an artist use it as a 'canvas' to give their interpretation of capitalism in today's society.

302cdfn.jpg

Opinions?

Anyone interested?

My grandmother gave me this sheet of money probably 20 years ago.
Had this idea the other day of having an artist use it as a 'canvas' to give their interpretation of capitalism in today's society.

302cdfn.jpg

Opinions?

Anyone interested?

Is that an uncut sheet of money? Only seen them in the movies and education shows.
It reminds me of a piece i saw at the de Young. I forget the artist, but s/he used folded $1 dollar bills as a medium to create the portrait of the OG G.W.

And it goes.. a little.. something.. like... this...

10233_1259264521138_1215392935_30781605_3795624_n.jpg

Is that an uncut sheet of money? Only seen them in the movies and education shows.
It reminds me of a piece i saw at the de Young. I forget the artist, but s/he used folded $1 dollar bills as a medium to create the portrait of the OG G.W.

Originally Posted by ardeedas

That's cool.
Grandma was always buying me random stuff.

Always told folks I'll never go broke – got at least $32.

I know there are some super creative dudes on NT... I want to get that creativity on my wall.

Originally Posted by ardeedas

That's cool.
Grandma was always buying me random stuff.

Always told folks I'll never go broke – got at least $32.

I know there are some super creative dudes on NT... I want to get that creativity on my wall.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Leave it alone.

It is a work of art as is.

Don't do something so clichéd

Thanks for the input.Cliche, though? How?

Leave it alone.

Originally Posted by pdot

Leave it alone.

I agree with SIZE.

I think the original piece is already good; you don't want to add too much. You should keep it at a minimal level and let it be subjective. People expect you to paint on it, which then seems 'cliche'. If you paint on it, viewers would be like, "Oh, he painted it, pretty cool."

But if you left it the way it is now, it makes them think more about the subject and theme of money, currency, and capitalism. Art has really took a turn towards being minimalistic and interpretive.

Just my 2 cents, good luck with whatever you decide end up doing!

Leave it alone.

I agree with SIZE.

I think the original piece is already good; you don't want to add too much. You should keep it at a minimal level and let it be subjective. People expect you to paint on it, which then seems 'cliche'. If you paint on it, viewers would be like, "Oh, he painted it, pretty cool."

But if you left it the way it is now, it makes them think more about the subject and theme of money, currency, and capitalism. Art has really took a turn towards being minimalistic and interpretive.

Originally Posted by FOG

Leave it alone.

I agree with SIZE.

That's the thing though - it's not a "piece." It's just a sheet of $1s that my my grandma got me & I held onto it. You dudes have really seen someone paint on a sheet of $$$?

Originally Posted by FOG

Leave it alone.

I agree with SIZE.

That's the thing though - it's not a "piece." It's just a sheet of $1s that my my grandma got me & I held onto it. You dudes have really seen someone paint on a sheet of $$$?

Originally Posted by FOG

I agree with SIZE.

This is where art is subjective.

I already see that mass produced uncut sheet of "paper" as a piece of art, it speaks about Capitalism on so many levels already without having to scream it.

By clichéd I meant the whole "capitalism is evil' thing. Been done and it isn't clever anymore.

Originally Posted by FOG

I agree with SIZE.

This is where art is subjective.

I already see that mass produced uncut sheet of "paper" as a piece of art, it speaks about Capitalism on so many levels already without having to scream it.

By clichéd I meant the whole "capitalism is evil' thing. Been done and it isn't clever anymore.

Back
Top Bottom