NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

All of Robert Greene's are great.

Definitely check Ryan Holiday's "The Obstacle is the Way."

My last read was Greg McKeown's "Essentialism"

I've been in a reading rut. So i'm taking someone advice and reading a past book i really enjoy. Most likely some chuck palahniuk. Stated it helps to stimulate the groove back. 

I've been in a reading rut. So i'm taking someone advice and reading a past book i really enjoy. Most likely some chuck palahniuk. Stated it helps to stimulate the groove back. 

That's always good to do. You usually get a different take the second go around.

What I'm trying to do now is be more active in reading by writing notes along the sides of the pages or page marking with post-its. It's a great way to forge new connections among different topics, ultimately leading to new ideas.

Any of you guys on podcasts?
For entrepreneurial and inspiration I tune into James Altucher and Timothy Ferris. Altucher usually has a chat with someone trying to promote their book. He's had Neil Strauss and Robert Green on there. And Ferris is the dude behind "The Four-Hour-Work-Week," his interview with Jamie Foxx is jokes.

And can't forget that ball is life with Jalen and Jacoby on espn radio :lol:

I like the notes idea, but how do you rationalize how time consuming the process is?

I love podcast!! I mostly tune into startalk radio, ubuntu podcast, the nerdist etc.. stuff that deals with innovation, technology coding, and just really good breakdowns of huge concepts in society. 

I need to check some of those you listed out. 

Last edited:
I just came upon this thread and can just say that after leaving literature for the past decade or so. I am glad to be reading veraciously again.

I am not sure if there are any Franzen fans out here, but his most recent novel Purity was excellent, riveting, and touched me in a way that literature often falls short of.

Didnt start really reading books until about a year ago. John Grisham got me into it, ive read pretty much all his books. Also read George Orwells "1985", been looking to get "Animal Farm".

Recently finished a few Donald Goines books and Iceberg Slims book "Pimp". Gonna start Machiavelli's "Art of War" next.

Last edited:
Reading Farewell to Arms. Pretty good so far.

Short story wise I read The Yellow Wallpaper recently and the Lottery. Both are brilliant.

Didnt start really reading books until about a year ago. John Grisham got me into it, ive read pretty much all his books. Also read George Orwells "1985", been looking to get "Animal Farm".

Recently finished a few Donald Goines books and Iceberg Slims book "Pimp". Gonna start Machiavelli's "Art of War" next.

Nice. John Grishams book the street lawyer got me into read a long time ago. Also, a lot of chuck palahniuk's work kept me in the game.

Nice. John Grishams book the street lawyer got me into read a long time ago. Also, a lot of chuck palahniuk's work kept me in the game.

Word that one was dope. My fav is either the partner or the firm. I got my hands on a copy of a time to kill while i was locked up. Ended up getting most of his other work when i got bail

Just started Brothers Karamazov, First Russian Literature I am reading for fun

Last edited:
just started this:

Reading Farewell to Arms. Pretty good so far.

Short story wise I read The Yellow Wallpaper recently and the Lottery. Both are brilliant.

you are a much better man than I. I couldn't get past the first couple chapters. Is it worth sticking through?
I haven't had the time to plow through it, only reading a few pages at a time but yes it's a really good read. I'll be teaching it in the fall so maybe that's why I enjoy it :lol: lots of imagery/figurative language.

Didn't know NT had a book thread! Dope.

Reading mind hunters and gonna read the other 2 after . **** is so dope! If you ever have seen criminal
Minds . This guy was the one who was doing profiling from the beginning with the behavioral analysis unit. Amazing books.

Gonna be posting in here alot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom