NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

I started Inferno by Dan Brown a few days ago. according to my Kindle I'm 42% finished, and so far it's been really good. Hopefully it doesn't slow to a turtle's pace like The Lost Symbol did.

Nice, I spent some time in Florence last year so I'll probably read this next since I'm almost done with A Dance with Dragons.

everybody needs to read this. It's about a white journalist who dyes his pigment black and goes deep into the south in the late 50's. True story and is :wow:

everybody needs to read this. It's about a white journalist who dyes his pigment black and goes deep into the south in the late 50's. True story and is
eek.gif
seems like an interesting read, will definitely cop this weekend, thanks 
smokin.gif

Keeping this thread alive.

I'm currently reading

The Definitive Book of Body Language

These will be my next 4 books in order.

The Hite Report

Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism

The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking

Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong

This summer I've read The Alchemist, 1984, and The Power of Now.

Ending break with The Manipulated Man and The Seat of the Soul.

Today I rented The Wolf of Wall Street from the library. Looking forward to my train ride to and from school + my break to read this one.

Thinking about going to pick this and Dream Team by Jack McCallum up.

^Dream Team is worth a read. There wasn't a lot in there I didn't know but it was entertaining and there's some interesting stuff from interviews in th last few years which adds to the historical stuff - and explains a lot.

i just finished Inferno. it was really good. not the ending i expected. i'm currently reading James Rollins' latest book Eye of God. I love this guy's books and he never disappoints.

Reading this again because I don't think i really retained much in my first reading.. Revisiting Steal Like An Artist almost daily now too

Last edited:
Finished up White Terror...wasn't really impressed with it. 

I lost focus mid way through the book, and it was a struggle to finish. 
mean.gif

Keeping this thread alive.

I'm currently reading

The Definitive Book of Body Language

These will be my next 4 books in order.

The Hite Report

Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism

The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking

Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong

I didn't read Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong yet. I'll read it next month.

These are the book I'm current reading now.

I started getting heavy into reading early this June. This is my list as of now.

1. The Joy of Less, A Minimalist Living Guide: How to Declutter, Organize, and Simplify Your Life - Francine Jay
2. Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present - Harriet A. Washington
3. The Principles that Govern Social Interaction
4. Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu
5. Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
6. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... and it's all small stuff: Simple Ways to Keep the Little Things from Taking Over Your Life - Richard Carlson
7. We Real Cool: Black Men and Masculinity - Bell Hooks
8. White Women, Black Men: Illicit Sex in the Nineteenth-Century South - Martha Hodes
9. The Definitive Book of Body Language - Allan Pease, Barbara Pease
10. The Hite Report
11. Sundown Towns: A Hidden Dimension of American Racism - James W. Loewen
12. The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Hijacking - Brendan I. Koerner
13. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness - Michelle Alexander
14. Black like me - John Howard Griffin
15. Models: Attract Women Through Honesty - Mark Manson

I'm reading current "Killing Chase" - Ben Muse. I'm going to lay off the non fiction for the next two books.

Last edited:
Rape & Race in the nineteenth-century South by Diane Miller...so far a good read. 

The book deals mostly with reported rapes and actual rape cases in VA and NC as well. 

This is in addition to readings for school, but I usually spend the weekends leisure reading. 

Stumbled on this book by accident, end of each chapter had me glued trying to figure out what was gonna happen next.

Started reading this REWORK book by the founders of Chicago software company, 37signals. Pretty good read so far (half way) for those with the entrepreneurial itch.

Back
Top Bottom