NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Started off so well reading at the beginning of the year and have since fallen off. I need to get back into it somehow.

That’s me chronically. Go through phases where I knock out several books in a row and then nothing for months. I also want to be reading more consistently.

I'm on the same boat :lol: Any advice? usually trips to Barnes & Noble do the trick, but no way I'm driving there everyday. Too many distractions at home. :lol:

8F8DB912-CF81-4386-ABE5-D5781354AD2C.jpeg
Just finished Play Their Hearts Out, book was great, I’d recommend to anyone who’s a basketball fan. Starting Feast Of The Goat today, had started it a few months ago and got lazy and gave up on it. Excited to get back on it.

IMG_1062.jpeg

Finishing this up. A deep dive into the history of food storage and prep and kitchen tools. I’m enjoying it since that topic has always interested me, but it would probably bore a lot of people despite being well written.

Last edited:
Just read Kurt Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle" again. Love this book. Gonna go on a Vonnegut marathon again and read some of his stuff that I haven't before (not just Breakfast of Champions and Slaughterhouse Five again).

Can anyone recommend a good series / an author? I really liked reading Michael Crichton books RIP and to a lesser degree Dan Brown books. I just want someone that I can read for casual down time.

On the last book in Nassim Talebs Incerto series.
Pretty good, but also quite repetative and long reads.

I'm on the same boat :lol: Any advice? usually trips to Barnes & Noble do the trick, but no way I'm driving there everyday. Too many distractions at home. :lol:

I used to read while I did my recovery stuff, so icing my knee and using my Normatec. Have started doing that again and am getting a solid 30 minutes of reading per day now.

Is there an app like Letterboxd, but for books?

51pwo4g6zuL.jpg

This is the latest book I've read. A great primer on both the Mob and the United State's history with Cuba (two areas I'm not familiar with).
Don’t know if they have an app but Goodreads is pretty much Letterbox’d for books.

IMG_6019.jpeg

Read a few books in the last month that I didn’t get to post. Reading this now.

I’ve never really been a big book reader. Hated reading assignments for school over the summer as a kid and that was probably the last time I actually picked up a book to read.

I do must of my reading on forums like here, Boxden and Reddit (if you even call that reading :lol:). Last year I wanted to change my ways and actually start reading books I found interesting. I had my gf but me a bunch of books this past Christmas (I always have her buy me things that I usually wouldn’t buy myself :lol:). I put together a list of 4 books and she bought me everyone of them.

This was the first one on my list and I just started it tonight. I’m only one chapter in but man! the amount of gems that were dropped :wow::smokin. Ima challenge myself to do a lil bit of reading every night.

IMG_3129.jpeg

Is there an app like Letterboxd, but for books?

51pwo4g6zuL.jpg

This is the latest book I've read. A great primer on both the Mob and the United State's history with Cuba (two areas I'm not familiar with).

I read that book years ago when it came out. A good companion piece to The Godfather 2. It gave some context to the Cuban scenes (ie the Superman show).

I’m a terrible reader, I procrastinate with the worst of them. One of my latest purchases is Dante Ross’ memoir:

IMG_3823.jpeg

Huge fan of Dante’s contributions to Hip Hop. He helped discover and sign a lot of talent. I’ve seen him around a lot, especially when he was managing Action Bronson. One of my favorite memories of Dante happened at a random Action Bronson show in early 2012 in Flushing, Queens. The audio kept ****ing up and Dante was on the verge of losing it at the sound guy. He was super pissed. Im still amazed that he didn’t attack the guy.

Anyway, my copy is signed by him. Dante’s been doing the rounds promoting the book. Here in NYC, he did a panel discussion with Just Blaze (first time I saw Dante, Just Blaze was around too). In Cali, he’s going to do a discussion with Del.

I read that book years ago when it came out. A good companion piece to The Godfather 2. It gave some context to the Cuban scenes (ie the Superman show).

I’m a terrible reader, I procrastinate with the worst of them. One of my latest purchases is Dante Ross’ memoir:

IMG_3823.jpeg

Huge fan of Dante’s contributions to Hip Hop. He helped discover and sign a lot of talent. I’ve seen him around a lot, especially when he was managing Action Bronson. One of my favorite memories of Dante happened at a random Action Bronson show in early 2012 in Flushing, Queens. The audio kept ****ing up and Dante was on the verge of losing it at the sound guy. He was super pissed. Im still amazed that he didn’t attack the guy.

Anyway, my copy is signed by him. Dante’s been doing the rounds promoting the book. Here in NYC, he did a panel discussion with Just Blaze (first time I saw Dante, Just Blaze was around too). In Cali, he’s going to do a discussion with Del.
Where and when is the discussion with Del? (I’m in Cali).

I never really knew who Dante Ross was; but knew his name from 3rd Bass’ Gasface track.

Where and when is the discussion with Del? (I’m in Cali).

I never really knew who Dante Ross was; but knew his name from 3rd Bass’ Gasface track.

It’s at Amoeba Berkeley on Saturday July 8th. Dante is also doing a 45’s DJ set.

Dante was instrumental in signing KMD (DOOM’s first group), Brand Nubian, ODB’s solo career, Queen Latifah, Del and Hiero, Busta Rhymes and LOTNS. He managed Bronson early on like I mentioned before. He also used to produce as part of The Stimulated Dummies (SD50’s). They’ve done a lot work with artists 3rd Bass, Kurious, Brand Nubian, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom