NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

I officially cut the cord 2 weeks ago. So far I've been able to manage nicely. Didn't realize how much we were not actually watching tv, just using for background noise while we did other stuff around the house. I'm using Playstation Vue, its pretty solid but my only complaint is on FIre TV I constantly have buffering issues that don't happen on the PS4 or if I use a network app(WatchEspn,Fox Now,FX,etc.) Anyone using Vue having similiar problems?

I've been contemplating on getting internet but haven't yet and I'm still managing. T-Mobile's BingeOn is so clutch. Only thing I miss is not being able to play my PS4.

Shortie I know told me she is blessed enough to get outdoor optimum wifi in her house.

She just got a fire stick and she good to go. Don't care for sports or news. She living the life.

Let me know when you do, just wanting to compare service Are you streaming only on PS4 or using Fire Tv/Roku/etc.?
will do. Current ATT u-verse subscription ending in a week. streaming through ps4 and ordered a fire stick to try out. Fire stick won't ship until Aug. 5th though. 

This. They're lucky Google isn't rolling out statewide. The Internet needs to be seen as a utility so it can open up the market.

Yep.Same thing I was just gonna say. They're lucky Google hasnt expanded because when they do its a over for them.only thing that'll save them is the old folks who dont want to cut the cord and people who just dont know better...

I started paying my dad's verizon fios bill and damn it's expensive. Over $180. That's cable, internet, and phone combined though. The phone service is useless since no one ever picks up the landline when someone calls.

I started paying my dad's verizon fios bill and damn it's expensive. Over $180. That's cable, internet, and phone combined though. The phone service is useless since no one ever picks up the landline when someone calls.

Yeah, I picked up my parents phone cable and internet. I like to pay my bills in weekly increments.

So it's like 50 a week I shell out on that. 200 a month. They don't even use the internet. The house phone.... No. And only watch CNN and MSNBC are you kidding me. I pay $200 a month for 2 channels basically?

It's really a waste of money now. Soon enough these companies gonna have to lower their rates or more people gonna cut the cord.

OLED > 4K.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Anyone got a review for Playstation Vue?

I agree with this review:

http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/gaming/playstation-vue-1292722/review

Pros:
-Decently priced tiers
-Just signed deal for NFL Network
-Fire TV app, iOS,Android apps
-Cloud DVR
-Ability to rewind/catchup on show in progress if available

My main gripe right now is that I experience buffering on the Fire TV app at times. It appears to be an issue native to the Fire Tv from my troubleshooting at home and reading some of the support forums for Vue. All in all, its a great way to replace cable and not have hidden fees for DVR,additional boxes,etc. I believe you can run up to 5 streams at a time on your network.

Last edited:
So ima be cutting the cord ina week or two..getting the fire tv thing and already know what im doing with that.

My question is..what do you guys have for internet? And how much do you pay?

What speed should i be going with?

Uverse has my area by the throat and the highest I can get is 25mbps and I have no problems streaming. But I prob wouldn't go below 25, I'm sure its possible depending on how many streams you will have and usage. I'm looking into going with a local cable ISP here that their lowest tier is 40mbps so yea, if you can get cable internet and not uverse bonded dsl..I'd def go that route. PM me if you want.

will do. Current ATT u-verse subscription ending in a week. streaming through ps4 and ordered a fire stick to try out. Fire stick won't ship until Aug. 5th though. 
So the fire stick came in early. Lots of buffering. Returning it and getting the box to see if there is a difference. 

1 week with playstation vue and all is good so far. 

Heard about the NFL network thing. Can't wait to see that.

I had to downgrade my uverse to basic and 1 box, up the internet(To handle the streaming) and keep phone to keep my data "unlimited". 

All in all still saving $150 a month compared to before.

Although, I'll probably have to call ATT in a year to make sure the price stays the same or lower. 

folks that were still watching free stuff hulu offered with ads, let a papi introduce you to your new gawd:

Yahoo Views

Basically a collab between hulu and yahoo that moves all the free stuff there and should hopefully lead to a mobile app.

Last edited:
So the fire stick came in early. Lots of buffering. Returning it and getting the box to see if there is a difference. 

1 week with playstation vue and all is good so far. 

Heard about the NFL network thing. Can't wait to see that.

I had to downgrade my uverse to basic and 1 box, up the internet(To handle the streaming) and keep phone to keep my data "unlimited". 

All in all still saving $150 a month compared to before.

Although, I'll probably have to call ATT in a year to make sure the price stays the same or lower. 

Yea man get the fire tv not the stick. And I do that yearly with ATT, call get retentions tell them you want a promo,etc. But they should have let you drop phone service too, I have basic and net w/ unlimited data usage. :nerd: My experience with Vue is still good and I'm waiting to see what they do with the NFL Network and/or redzone as well.

Back
Top Bottom