NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Look man, I still know sheep that pay $70 for internet and $200 for cox cable with contour and premium channels. So if you’re “cutting the cord” and paying less then $200 total for both, i consider that a WIN

Sling TV raising price by $5 in couple weeks. Those that subscribed for the $15 promo recently probably gonna cancel. :lol:
Most likely jump ship too and try Philo now.

My setup is crazy and i still complain.
Just cut optimum out. Got a connect who I guess works for a provider ( he wont tell me) so i got free internet. Jut had to pay him 250. Bought a good router for 110.

hulu- free from my girls sprint
Hbo- free from my moms spectrum account
Slingtv- 40
Prime- membership cost dont even remember
Netflix- free from my sis account

But whoever said prices for these services will go up is right. More people buying into these services means more content needs to be created and/or bought. And content is expensive either way. So boom. We are just buying time.

Also depends on price. Right now, gig speed can be had for $65 a month here in AZ. 140mbps is $55. Why not pay for gig and know youre never going to run out of bandwidth.

And this is the exact logic cable companies want consumers to use. That's an extra $120 you're throwing away every year. No one comes even remotely close to using a gig of bandwidth. Even 140mbps is an insane amount of bandwidth for the average consumer.

Internet "speed" is one of the greatest marketing scams of all time.

hulu- free from my girls sprint

Had no idea this was a thing. I have been with Sprints since 2002

Just launched dont feel bad. Sprint rewards is good for a free movie rental from fandango now every month on there app download if you havent already

Currently paying

Spectrum internet: 44.99
SlingTV: 44.99
Netflix: 12.99
Going to cancel Netflix and go down to the single Sling package for 25/month

You have no idea how many customers I see on a daily basis who have fully smart homes and they need that much bandwidth. And again, a lot depends on how much upload speed you have. If I have a 140 meg service but only 10 meg upload and I have cameras and a video doorbell, theres goes my upload and its gonna run like ****. However, if I have a 60 meg service with 30 meg on the upload, Im more than good. $120 a year aint **** to me for my piece of mind to know my home will run smoothly. By the way this is what I do for a living, 21 years in this game. Now, I do agree with you as speed being marketing...

Reminder, u can have all that bandwidth but if you are capped at 500GB-1TB a month, ur getting pimped. Make sure ur isp has unlimited monthly cap....HD everything gonna break threw that monthly threshold in no time.

My brother in law was super mad, when Xfinity capped him at 1TB and they slowed him down for the remainder of the month. Greasey slimeball, isp.

Reminder, u can have all that bandwidth but if you are capped at 500GB-1TB a month, ur getting pimped. Make sure ur isp has unlimited monthly cap....HD everything gonna break threw that monthly threshold in no time.

That part right there.

i be jumping from wild card game to wild card game with two clicks and 0 pennnies. Just not worth it until the government starts really locking up the internet

Back
Top Bottom