NT Dads, present and future...did you want a boy or a girl?

Healthy, with fingers and toes, was what my wife & I prayed for daily til the birth... We got our ultrasound results which took a lot of guessing about getting stuff ready beforehand out of the way...

God blessed my wife & I with a boy - for me it carried some weight to have a son, because since until our son came along (turns 3 in July, bless his soul) I was the last male heir with my surname, so no pressure, right?

I come from a older son, younger sister sibling setup & so does my wife... it's something we grew up with so we are hoping / trying for our next one to be a girl, just to have a set but I have no qualms about having another son
smile.gif

Having a daughter - some guys' worst nightmare I'm sure - what's that old saying? When you have a boy, you only have to worry about 1 d--k, when you have a girl, you have to worry about ALL of them...

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I didn't think I'd like a daughter when I was younger, but I spent time hanging out with my cousin's 5 year old last year and she was the coolest person ever. I had so much fun hanging out with her and playing, her gender didn't matter.

I think most guys say they wouldn't want a girl because A. they'd be afraid they couldn't do the "father/son" activities with her and B. that they couldn't handle the thought of her dating and having sex. It's not a coincidence that a lot of people I hear say the latter are often the ones who treat women poorly and have said or done anything just to get into a girl's pants. So they're probably worried about guys out there who are like them being with their daughter. About that, all you can do is hope to teach her self-respect and responsibility. She'll grow up and make adult decisions, which you can't control.. so you do what you can and that's that. So I think a lot of men's bad relationships and experiences with women have scared them away from having a daughter.

I also think a lot of people think in traditional and outdated gender roles and performances, so they think they can't do "boy" things with their daughter. It's not impossible or against the law to play sports with a daughter or to do most of the things you would do with a boy. People are just afraid of doing things outside "the norm", it's your kid... if you want to go camping together, go camping. Want to go to a baseball game? Then go.

If and when the time comes for me to have kids, I'd just want a healthy one. And not just a healthy birth, but childhood and later on. My brother's first kid was a son, so the family name will continue on, so that takes the pressure off
laugh.gif

Actually read all this. While what you say is true, it's just easier to do all those things with a boy. Those two reasons were huge factors in me not wanting a girl, but there were also other things like not having to ever buy pads that weren't for football and...you know what, since we're doing theses on the subject, I'll just post my post:

You know, reluctant a parent as I might be, I can’t help but appreciate the few things that did fall in my favor when my carefree kindadult life came crashing down upon me. For one, there’s the woman who my experimentations went awry with. Despite everything I have and will say about this situation, this captain’s first mate is a very capable mommy and partner when she puts her head to it. (Also, she’s cool with me writing a book about the experience of unplanned pregnancy with a cover that sort of depicts her…not every woman would be. I’d still do it, of course…but it’s nice to not have to “argue

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

I want a boy... The possibility of raising a future jump is scary... srs
ohwell.gif

If you raise them right and remain active in their life as a father...Trust me..The chances are slim....Just teach/show them how a man should treat them by your actions towards them.

As a single parent, that's the last thing I am worrying about at the age of 6.  My princess brought the best side of me.  I became a change man because of her.

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

I want a boy... The possibility of raising a future jump is scary... srs
ohwell.gif

If you raise them right and remain active in their life as a father...Trust me..The chances are slim....Just teach/show them how a man should treat them by your actions towards them.

As a single parent, that's the last thing I am worrying about at the age of 6.  My princess brought the best side of me.  I became a change man because of her.

This.

As a parent, stay involved.  Don't give them any reason to stray because they're trying to fill some void left from their childhood. 

wanted a boy. first doctor told us it was a boy.

3D imaging revealed it was a girl.

thoroughly pissed but everythingwentbetterthanexpected.mp3

Originally Posted by potus2028

^ True, but not always...ever heard of church girl syndrome?

That's a myth. LOL

You can't smoother a child when they're teenagers. From experience, if my grandparents/mother were a little more involved, kept me involved in activities, and communicated with me; I would of never turned to all the other bad things. 

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

If I had to choose...I'd want a girl. No doubt. I think having a daddy's little girl would be precious.
laugh.gif
srs.

Im at work so someone post that Subaru commercial of the dad talking to the little girl. When she says "Daddy ok" it melts my heart. That's what I'm talkin bout.
 By the time she gets to middle/high school, she may start calling someone else her daddy. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by marmourjr

Originally Posted by potus2028

^ True, but not always...ever heard of church girl syndrome?

That's a myth. LOL

You can't smoother a child when they're teenagers. From experience, if my grandparents/mother were a little more involved, kept me involved in activities, and communicated with me; I would of never turned to all the other bad things. 

Sir, it's anything but a lie...I've both seen and affected its effect in practice. It's a time-tested theory with similar results that can be replicated in multiple experiments...it's damn near a scientific law! I fear it specifically because I have seen its power...learned a lot in that one year of college, and very little of it was in the classroom, ya know?

If I had to choose...I'd want a girl. No doubt. I think having a daddy's little girl would be precious.
laugh.gif
srs.

Im at work so someone post that Subaru commercial of the dad talking to the little girl. When she says "Daddy ok" it melts my heart. That's what I'm talkin bout.

at first i wanted a son... BAD

minute i heard my daughter cry i was glad i had a baby girl instead
pimp.gif

cant explain it but it feels more natural... or something ???

Wanted a son however God blessed me with a beautiful daughter. Will keep trying until I have a son though got to keep the name alive

laugh.gif
srs.

Don't worry, I got this.
Tell me that isn't %!%*+@% adorable.

I wanted a boy, and was blessed with such. Didn't matter tho, long as the kid was healthy.
I'm scared *@*%!%$! to have a lil girl.

Girl and it’s not even close. I’m worried i’d put too much pressure on my son to do better than me. Kind of a living vicariously through him kind of situation. That would suck for him.

I wouldn’t give a damn what my daughter did, she couldn’t disappoint me.

Originally Posted by Aze201

Girl and it’s not even close. I’m worried i’d put too much pressure on my son to do better than me. Kind of a living vicariously through him kind of situation. That would suck for him.

I wouldn’t give a damn what my daughter did, she couldn’t disappoint me.

destiny-jones-condom-box.jpg

16-and-pregnant-jordan.jpg

maury.jpg

Tramp-stamp.jpeg

7-year-old-single-ladies.jpg

My man potus, what it look like mayne? I would just want a healthy baby boy or girl. All those above examples are parenting fails, not daughter fails.

The best thing about this issue is a I can keep knocking up women until I get what I want.

I've always wanted both though so I aint mad about which comes first.

My girl is like 2.5 months pregnant now... And I can honestly say that I just want a healthy baby... My girl isn't even showing yet and I don't like when she lays on her stomach
laugh.gif

I want sons to carry the family name since im the only the son in my family. I wouldnt mind daughters, but the idea of raising them doesnt really appeal to me

Back
Top Bottom