NT don't mess with Bob Marley? vol. Official Reggae/Dance Hall Thread!

^^ even though this song is a year old,,, everytime i hear it , its new to me.... he is very talented youth.... mixtape shot, his tunes shot, peformance shot....he is the next ONE

Lee "Scratch" Perry - Big Neck Police, Throw Some Water In, & Soul Man

Back to some classics...

Perry produced a lot of Bob Marley's early work (I think he even wrote some of the material too). You can tell Bob was influenced by Perry especially on these tracks...Early Wailers sounded a lot like these Perry songs....

Protoje, Chronixx, Kabaka Pyramid, & Sizzla - Selassie Souljahz

DJ Wayne from Irie FM dropped this track over the weekend. This track is straight fire...

Chronixx - Beat & A Mic

Another banga from the yoots... This youngster continues to impress...

`

Bob Marley - Is This Love

Super model Naomi Campbell was in the vid as a child. See if you can spot here. She appears several times.

Jo Mersa - Comfortable

Dag, I feel old. This is Stephen Marley's eldest son.... Jah bless...

Aston ''Family Man'' Barrett - Dub Maker

Bunny Wailer - Soul Rebel, Rule This Land, & Rock and Groove

Bunny Lee was a prolific reggae producer cranking many hits through his labels Jackpot, Third World, Lee's, & Striker Lee. Here's a trailer for a doc coming out later this year with a virtual whose who of any reggae great still alive from Lee “Scratch” Perry, Max Romeo, Dillinger, Sly and Robbie, Derrick Morgan, John Holt, Ken Boothe, Johnny Clarke, Horace Andy, Aston “Family Man” Barrett, & Earl “Chinna” Smith to name a few.

Lloyd Robinson - Cuss Cuss

RIP to producer & legend Harry J. This was one of the stand out songs he wrote, arranged, & produced. At the time his sound was different from the usual rock steady sound.

Here are some great riddim mixes...

Back
Top Bottom