NT don't mess with Bob Marley? vol. Official Reggae/Dance Hall Thread!

Idk if this is the right thread for this but i didnt want to make a new one. Im looking for a song but im horrible with figuring out who the artist or track name is. It is kinda old maybe a year at most but has been playing on the radio more recently.

The chorus goes (dont laugh at me)

ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba something like that i cant quite make out what he is saying. Sounds like b...... clot but who knows

^^^PSK, I was curious whether you have a favorite out of the Marley kids that are recording artists. I've heard songs from Ziggy, Stephen, Damian and I think one more of Bob's sons. I liked some of what I've heard and thought other stuff was just ok. I'd be interested in hearing more. Is there on of them who you think their catalogue is more worth getting into than the others? It seems like Damian's stuff is more a hip-hop/reggae hybrid, which is cool, but I think I'm into more traditional reggae.

Anyway, if you have any thoughts, let me know.

There are 4 Marley sons that have records out, Ziggy, Stephen, Damien Jr. Gong, & Julian. Below are albums I'd recommend with a song or 2 from each of them.

Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers - Conscious Party - Tomorrow People

Throughout his career, Ziggy has tried to make his music more accessible for the masses with very mixed results IMO. He has immense talent but none of his albums have really resonated with me other than Conscious Party. I think he needs to team up with Damien & Stephen & just make a nasty rock steady album.

Damien Jr. Gong - Welcome to Jamrock - All Night

The title track might be the best track ever done by any of the children of Bob but this is a good one too.

Stephen Marley - Revelation, Pt 1, The Root Of Life - Jay Army (ft. Damian Jr. Gong & Buju Bonton) & Break Us Apart (ft. Capleton)

I thought Mind Control was an uneven album. There were some gems like Traffic & Chase Dem but his latest release Revelation is a thorough album.

Julian Marley - Awake - Violence In The Streets & Boom Draw

This album was ok. My favorite tracks.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else. Look through the thread though. Lots of good stuff. All of the songs in this thread would make a great introduction to good reggae.

Last edited:
There are 4 Marley sons that have records out, Ziggy, Stephen, Damien Jr. Gong, & Julian. Below are albums I'd recommend with a song or 2 from each of them.

Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers - Conscious Party - Tomorrow People

Throughout his career, Ziggy has tried to make his music more accessible for the masses with very mixed results IMO. He has immense talent but none of his albums have really resonated with me other than Conscious Party. I think he needs to team up with Damien & Stephen & just make a nasty rock steady album.

Damien Jr. Gong - Welcome to Jamrock - All Night

The title track might be the best track ever done by any of the children of Bob but this is a good one too.

Stephen Marley - Revelation, Pt 1, The Root Of Life - Jay Army (ft. Damian Jr. Gong & Buju Bonton) & Break Us Apart (ft. Capleton)

I thought Mind Control was an uneven album. There were some gems like Traffic & Chase Dem but his latest release Revelation is a thorough album.

Julian Marley - Awake - Violence In The Streets & Boom Draw

This album was ok. My favorite tracks.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else. Look through the thread though. Lots of good stuff. All of the songs in this thread would make a great introduction to good reggae.

Thanks, man. Very helpful. Looking forward to checking all this stuff out.

Rihanna - No Love Allowed & Diamonds (Jr Blender Edits)

Ms. Fenti is at a point in her career where she could do whatever she wants. Would looooove to see her do a rock steady record celebrating her Caribbean roots. Listening to this remixes from Jr. Blender confirms it would be dope.

Gappy Ranks - Carpenter & Tomorrow Loves You

There are a lot of great young reggae artists out right now. With the likes of Chronixx & Gappy Ranks, quality conscious music is still being put out.

Keida - Stand For Something

I'm tryin' goldenchild9, it doesn't seem like these youngins on NT listen to much Reggae/dance hall/soca... Oh well, I'll keep posting when I can.

Didn't know this song was out. Wish it had better visuals or Keida though...

Gyptian - Sex, Love & Reggae Mixtape

New mixtape from Gyptian... His label VP records has Gyptian's new mixtape available as a free DL. See the link below. Good tunes. One of the better reggae mixtapes to come out this year.

Gyptian - Sex, Love & Reggae Mixtape

New mixtape from Gyptian... His label VP records has Gyptian's new mixtape available as a free DL. See the link below. Good tunes. One of the better reggae mixtapes to come out this year.

mixtape cool. He got real talent..

Also he mad down to earth. He came through the crib last year. Fell asleep in the couch,after bussin dwn my moms cookin, on some regular dude steez. Seems he rather be treated as a regular cat than anything else. Leveled head and skill will get you far.

Last edited:
Dev Kutta of Livity Movements put out a great mix tape via the sound cloud link below. Free DL...

My all time favorite Bob Marley tunes; Concrete Jungle, Zimbabwe, & War. :smokin

Alborosie - Play Fool (To Catch Wise)

An Italian from Sicily that moved to Jamaica 10 years ago & never left... Been putting out some decent tracks too. Here's a new one...

Wayne Marshall - Stupid Money

Another new offerin' with production from Jr. Gong aka Damian Marley...

Dev Kutta of Livity Movements put out a great mix tape via the sound cloud link below. Free DL...

My all time favorite Bob Marley tunes; Concrete Jungle, Zimbabwe, & War. :smokin

All great songs. Bob Marley has so many good ones that its hard to pick favorites, but your top 3 are great no doubt. Although they're a bit more mainstream and possibly overplayed, I'm still a big fan of "Redemption Song" and "No Woman, No Cry" as well.

Really you think the 3 songs I posted are more mainstream than Redemption Song & No Woman No Cry? Most causal fans I've come across that say only have Legend wouldn't be all that familiar with the 3 i posted... :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom