NT Drinkers, Come School Me.

Have you never drank rum? Get some of that. Bacardi or Capt. Morgan's if you actually have never drank it. Not good stuff, but starter stuff to see if you like it. Rum (and vodka) was all I drank in high school/first year of college.

Tonic water, lime, vodka!!!

Ughhh I can't wait till wednesday 
laugh.gif

just drink that cheap stuff while you're still in college because once you're out, people start fronting like they never had a taste of charcoal filtered booze in their life.

Keep that empty bottle of Kettle One/Ciroc/Grey Goose/etc, buy a handle of bottom shelf generic, poor into previously mentioned empty bottle, mix with any Red Punch, invite the females, wave bottle around, gather yambs. Rinse and Repeat :pimp:

Jameson and Ginger Ale is one of my favorites.

I also like Jack Daniels (OG and Tennessee Honey) and Maker's Mark straight and Crown Royal with coke when it comes to whiskys.

Try some Rums, some Jågermeister, and different beers while you're at it, too, OP.

I like it all. lol

Last edited:
I'm a fan of absinthe. AMazing drink, with the a cool taste, depending on your preferances there are ones with more anis flavour and ones with less. 1 part absinth depending te herbs in it, 3-5 parts ice cold water. Refreshing and delicious and it'll get you drunk pretty fast. Don't let the high percentage of alcohol, mostly 60+, scare you, because with water you can't taste that bad flavour.

ANother option is pastis, which is similar to absinthe, but is only about 40% alcohol and has a slightly different taste.

As for whiskey, I like Jack.

just drink that cheap stuff while you're still in college because once you're out, people start fronting like they never had a taste of charcoal filtered booze in their life.
Keep that empty bottle of Kettle One/Ciroc/Grey Goose/etc, buy a handle of bottom shelf generic, poor into previously mentioned empty bottle, mix with any Red Punch, invite the females, wave bottle around, gather yambs. Rinse and Repeat :pimp:

my bros did this and put us on game :lol:

This is the first time I've seen someone stagger their drinking like that. Once you drink, you should continue to try. LOL @ year 1, year 2 talk. You're just like the peeps I know that order the same damn sheet at every outing. nah jk

For whiskey? Just try the red label.

But don't drink, it's bad for you.

Jameson is a very easy drinking Whiskey to start with if you dont have a ton of experience with any whiskey. Other Irish whiskeys are also good like Tullamore Dew or Bushmills (although, I dont drink Bushmills... that is Protestant Whiskey, i kid i kid). Once you develop a taste for Irish and you want to take a step up, check out Red Breast. I am a dedicated Jameson drinker (I always try to keep atleast 1 bottle of Jameson, Jameson Reserve, and Jameson 18 in the house at all time) but man oh man that Red Breast is some good stuff.

Scotch is more of an acquired taste IMO. Some people get turned off by the smokiness of it. With scotch, there really is a wide range of flavor profiles based on the region in which it was produced. I dont really have a palate for scotch yet so I tend to drink some of the lower to mid range stuff like Chivas, JW Black, or Glenmorangie. The only exception is JW Blue which I drink often, mostly because my dad keeps cases of it and will always kick me down a couple of bottles when I stop by my parents house.

Bourbon is slowly becoming my new favorite whiskey. I havent been messin with Bourbon on a regular basis for that long, maybe only the last 3 years or so. On the cheaper end of the spectrum you cant go wrong with Bulleit. When I dont have Bulleit, I will usually default to something like Makers Mark. Once you develop a taste for Bourbon and are looking for a step up in quality, you can find some very tasty bottles in the $40-50 range. Some folks like Basil Hayden which is OK, not necesarily my favorite or go to. My pick for a mid-tier bourbon is Blantons. If I could afford it, this would be my daily drinker. Unfortunately I usually go through a 750ML in about 3-4 days (weekdays, weekends are a different story), so it would be quite a dent to my wallet to be drinking this stuff daily. My Holy Grail for my liquor cabinet is Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 20 year and 23 year. The problem is, its very difficult to find as it isnt mass produced. Pappy is like the Air Yeezy II's of the Bourbon world.

Can't go wrong with Glenlivet
This. I started on Maker's Mark, Ballantine 12 and Glenlivet 12. It certainly was an acquired taste, but once I learned the flavors, textures, and tastes of Whisky, I never looked back. 

Now my stock is loaded with Glenlivet 21, Glenlivet 15,16,12, Hibiki 21 and 12, Yamazaki 18, Nikka Taketsuru 21, and of course, the bottle that started it all, Maker's Mark. Whenever I go out to clubs/bars, I usually just get a Makers on the rocks, or even neat if the pour is generous. This is all my personal stock, mind you. I share only with a select few of my boys that appreciate it with me. For the regular people I usually just have a bottle of Goose, Malibu, and Don Julio Blanco. With any mixers you can make good drinks for anyone. 

Best advice: Sample everything you can and find a whisky that will suit your tastes. Everyone's differ, find you. 

Beginners? Jameson and ginger ale....if you want to go a step up Johnny Walker Black, no ice for me though.

Better question is, you at the bar and invite a girl for a drink. What you order?

Kraken and Coke if you wanna get MESSED.

Jameson straight up sipped or shots is always gooood. Same with Woodford Reserve and Gentleman Jack.

Last edited:
CoCo Loso = Coconut Ciroc and Pineapple Juice...*sips drink and proceeds to attempt the CoCo Loso dance*

A shot of this taste just like big red bubblegum..and it's cheap as hell :evil: x :smokin

Last edited:
Jameson is a very easy drinking Whiskey to start with if you dont have a ton of experience with any whiskey. Other Irish whiskeys are also good like Tullamore Dew or Bushmills (although, I dont drink Bushmills... that is Protestant Whiskey, i kid i kid). Once you develop a taste for Irish and you want to take a step up, check out Red Breast. I am a dedicated Jameson drinker (I always try to keep atleast 1 bottle of Jameson, Jameson Reserve, and Jameson 18 in the house at all time) but man oh man that Red Breast is some good stuff.
Scotch is more of an acquired taste IMO. Some people get turned off by the smokiness of it. With scotch, there really is a wide range of flavor profiles based on the region in which it was produced. I dont really have a palate for scotch yet so I tend to drink some of the lower to mid range stuff like Chivas, JW Black, or Glenmorangie. The only exception is JW Blue which I drink often, mostly because my dad keeps cases of it and will always kick me down a couple of bottles when I stop by my parents house.
Bourbon is slowly becoming my new favorite whiskey. I havent been messin with Bourbon on a regular basis for that long, maybe only the last 3 years or so. On the cheaper end of the spectrum you cant go wrong with Bulleit. When I dont have Bulleit, I will usually default to something like Makers Mark. Once you develop a taste for Bourbon and are looking for a step up in quality, you can find some very tasty bottles in the $40-50 range. Some folks like Basil Hayden which is OK, not necesarily my favorite or go to. My pick for a mid-tier bourbon is Blantons. If I could afford it, this would be my daily drinker. Unfortunately I usually go through a 750ML in about 3-4 days (weekdays, weekends are a different story), so it would be quite a dent to my wallet to be drinking this stuff daily. My Holy Grail for my liquor cabinet is Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 20 year and 23 year. The problem is, its very difficult to find as it isnt mass produced. Pappy is like the Air Yeezy II's of the Bourbon world.

Jesus mercy.

This man knows where it is at. He left off a couple other bourbons that I enjoy, I from KY so I'm kind of partial to bourbon. If you head down the bourbon trail definitely try Woodford Reserve. I like my bourbon on the rocks and for me it's my favorite that way. Another brand that's not bad for the price is Ridgemont Reserve 1792. Pretty smooth, and good on the rocks. Not quite as expensive as Woodford but in the same ball park. Eagle Reserve isn't bad in that price range. And after you try the stuff and get hooked on it, then move up to the $40-50 range like like Mojo said, but be sure to check out Bookers'. It's fantastic, but I wouldn't recommend starting out with it.

Back
Top Bottom