NT Drinkers, Come School Me.

if you couldn't tell, this is going to be purely preference. cause most of the stuff posted here is gross IMO. experiment and see whats best for you

The Macallan series > any type of scotch. Johnnie Walker is nice tho. For bourbon I like Woodford Reserve, very strong though.

Also I found a new liking for tequila. Girls also like cafe patron, so you gotta keep a bottle of that at your crib for the late night.

I really like vodka sodas because the soda waters down the vodka and it is much easier to drink (I can't take shots for some reason).

I stopped drinking beer after college but once in a while a nice corona light will do.

Last edited:
The Macallan series > any type of scotch. Johnnie Walker is nice tho. For bourbon I like Woodford Reserve, very strong though.

Also I found a new liking for tequila. Girls also like cafe patron, so you gotta keep a bottle of that at your crib for the late night.

I really like vodka sodas because the soda waters down the vodka and it is much easier to drink (I can't take shots for some reason).

I stopped drinking beer after college but once in a while a nice corona light will do.
Sippin' Tequila on the rocks is great man. Great drink year-round. Don Julio is my go to drink at most places. Patron is horrible though...

I'm not one for sexy drinks or drinks *******s sip on but I must admit that I added Peach ciroc & cranberry juice on the rare nights i drink.

I feel southern when i drink them :smokin

Last edited:
Whenever drinking is on the company, Macallan 18.

Random - when my parents moved to their new home they didn't want to transport their liquor cabinet. So I got to go through it. Picked up two bottles of Crown Royal that maybe had been used for a shot each. One was fromt the mid 60s and the other was from the 70s. The one from the 60s was smoother, honey colored. 70s was a bit more smokey. Both real nice, though given their age.

i have never seen let alone heard bout this Willetts you talk about. Ship me a bottle or two? Paypal "gift" (hopefully I wont need to start a thread on NT next month of NT VETERAN LOBOTOMYBEATS SCAMMED ME FOR A BOTTLE OF BOOZE!) hahaha.

If you are serious, I'd be more than happy to share the Willett love.

Blantons like my man said some posts back, love it

Other than that Id say jack, remy vsop, jack single barrel, crown, hennessy and makers mark occasionally

Thanks for all the help. I'm gonna try this Remy 1738 (word to YoungTriz) next weekend. Will post my thoughts afterwards :pimp:

if you couldn't tell, this is going to be purely preference. cause most of the stuff posted here is gross IMO. experiment and see whats best for you
Preference is to be expected, but you're right about experimenting because a lot of people just stick to the big name brand they know and nothing else. People do that with vodka a lot and that never made sense to me especially when most would add a mixer. Spending money on a premium vodka when you're mixing it doesn't make a lot of sense, plus.. they probably couldn't tell the difference between a premium brand and Smirnoff (which is my go-to when mixing)

I can't really do straight spirits (only tequila shots) but I love beer.
Give me a nice IPA and I'll be straight.
I really wanna try sippin' whiskey but mistakes made in my younger years make me gag at the smell of whiskey and bourbon.

Any tips or advice on overcoming this disability?

Preference is to be expected, but you're right about experimenting because a lot of people just stick to the big name brand they know and nothing else. People do that with vodka a lot and that never made sense to me especially when most would add a mixer. Spending money on a premium vodka when you're mixing it doesn't make a lot of sense, plus.. they probably couldn't tell the difference between a premium brand and Smirnoff (which is my go-to when mixing)

I feel you on that, alot of my friends were blinded by names like Ciroc and all that. Until we tried that Tito's Vodka :pimp: Waaay cheaper and tastes better, imo.

Peach Ciroc is very good though, that needed to be mentioned.

Dewar's and water is a savior. Gets you feeling warm and toasty, wake up as if I didn't drink anything.

grey goose & wild turkey (a mixed shot) aka "a double fowl" all you need is one shot, had this a couple years back at a bar in columbus, ohio & i will never forget it
glasses.gif

back when goose was popular (2006?), i had a giant costco-sized bottle for a party. when it ran out, i refilled it with the smirnoff that nobody would touch. the ladies loved it :lol:

back when goose was popular (2006?), i had a giant costco-sized bottle for a party. when it ran out, i refilled it with the smirnoff that nobody would touch. the ladies loved it :lol:

Lol thats pretty clutch, just goes to show u how much people are phased by labels and marketing

Back
Top Bottom