NT, Ever Quit Your Job? How'd You Go

Depends if you need a reference or not. I have plenty. Therefore I walked in to my job and said I was going to Africa to help build schools, manager saidwhen...I said in 4 hours I gotta go pack, then never looked back.

Sell some of your collection to have bread...

I don't think you should do it though especially if you're going to have to pay them back...

Just wait two months so you don't have to pay them anything...

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

On a serious note, Pookieman.....why would you quit when you know your going to put yourself in a tight situation?
I suggest you hit up the poker table for two weeks straight to see if your as good as you think and if you make enough $$ to waste a month or two searching for another job then you should quit. Otherwise quitting with w/o another job lined up seems dumb.
I hear you....but I work in sales, for a premium company....I have to go up againstcompetitors that offer product as good as ours, for sometimes 50% of the cost. It's hard to sell a brand name in this economy when you haven't built upa steady stream of customers. I got hired during this recession and I am at an unfair disadvantage. As well, the job is 100% commission....in 4 months,I've only sold two items, TOTAL....typically you make 4/5 transactions per month...my entire May sales month fell off, due to things outside of my control. I'm just fed up with getting dressed up in a %!+@%#$ suit at 7 am, working from 7:30 to 6:30 to make what turns out to be less than $6.00 a hour....andthat money that I do make also has to be taken out of my pay check when I DO make my commissions.....%**% that

Originally Posted by TD The God

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

On a serious note, Pookieman.....why would you quit when you know your going to put yourself in a tight situation?
I suggest you hit up the poker table for two weeks straight to see if your as good as you think and if you make enough $$ to waste a month or two searching for another job then you should quit. Otherwise quitting with w/o another job lined up seems dumb.
I hear you....but I work in sales, for a premium company....I have to go up against competitors that offer product as good as ours, for sometimes 50% of the cost. It's hard to sell a brand name in this economy when you haven't built up a steady stream of customers. I got hired during this recession and I am at an unfair disadvantage. As well, the job is 100% commission....in 4 months, I've only sold two items, TOTAL....typically you make 4/5 transactions per month...my entire May sales month fell off, due to things outside of my control. I'm just fed up with getting dressed up in a %+*%+*% suit at 7 am, working from 7:30 to 6:30 to make what turns out to be less than $6.00 a month....and that money that I do make also has to be taken out of my pay check when I DO make my commissions.....+$## that

24l4qy1.gif
Yeah **** out of there.

when i was younger and was working at nathans I just didnt show up for like 3 weeks, and then they finally called me and I just said I dont feel like workingthere anymore. Your situation is different though, youre gonna have to handle it responsibly.

I'm about to get a federal work-study job at OSU so I'm just going to change my availability at my current job tolike once a month to keep the discount
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I would never do some stupid +$*% though to quit, always need good references for future jobs.

About 2 years ago my friend got fired right before he was about to clock in for some retarted reason... So, me and my other 2 friends were like if you'regoing to fire him we quit. I walked out of there thinking on my god what the hell am I going to do now??? But looking back on it I don't regret it at all,he's a really good friend and was def worth it.

I worked @ winn dixie when i was 16, I worked in the dairy department

I felt like dey tried me wit my hours & dey didn't wanna fix it, so when i got my last check i went into the dairy cooler & dropped a pallet filledwit milk fresh from the winn dixie ware house
pimp.gif

I worked there fa 2 years ( i had a connect so dats how i worked there @ a young age )

I probably cost dem @ least $1000 or more worth of items i steal
laugh.gif
sumtimes i come in hungry & leave full
laugh.gif
glasses.gif

i've quit every job i've had...but only cuz i had another one lined up...

sometimes i give two weeks notice...others i just tell them its immediate cuz the new job starts now...

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam
I'm also thinking I might just go play poker for a living...last week I put in 15 hrs at the tables playing only 1,2$ NL and made 1500 easy. I do that 4 times a month and I'm golden....providing I can be consistent
grin.gif
i have a friend who does this... he lives in his car though.

laugh.gif
Of course. I simply didn't show up anymore, and ignored their phone calls.

Other times, I put in my notice.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

I'm also thinking I might just go play poker for a living...last week I put in 15 hrs at the tables playing only 1,2$ NL and made 1500 easy. I do that 4 times a month and I'm golden....providing I can be consistent
grin.gif
you've got a friend that lives in a car?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

I technically got fired...

But I stopped following the dress code (was showing up in jeans and tee shirts), started sleeping at my desk, wasn't doing ANYTHING I was asked to do...just coming in a chillin all day.

I was trying to see how long it took for them to fire me...4 days was the answer.

When they fired me I said, "I quit on Mon...I just didn't tell you."
laugh.gif

Enjoyed this post.

Mayne i never gave a letter of resignation to any of the jobs i quit....i just stopped coming in....then when i came in my last job to get my check...my bosswas like"i called you yesterday to see if you wanted to work?"i was like nah you dont gotta worry about me working anymore....

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by nick0lis

grin.gif
you've got a friend that lives in a car?
tired.gif
yeah, you too good for that?

**** here.

talkin like your #+@* dont stink.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Two fingers in the air and walked out.

True story.

Best/worst feeling of my life!
haha! THAT feeling!!
I had my cousin call my boss at my first job and tell him I didn't want to work there anymore and had my bff pick up my last paycheck! SO lame!...

I quit my first job when the *#!%+ tried to pay me 2 days late and I couldn't do nothing bout it since it was under the table. I raised hell in thatrestaurant and threatened to rat him out if he didn't pay me asap. He quickly pulled out 220 out of his wallet and let me bounce. I didn't bothercoming back to see when I worked again.

Basically my manager and I called each others bluffs.. He told me if I didn't start acknowledging his secretary (who had a bad attitude, and stalls onmessages
smh.gif
) instead of just coming straight to his office, or calling straight to his desk that I wouldn't have a job because I couldn't followprotocol, I said he was power tripping and verbally issued my 2 weeks notice. He responded by saying I could be finished at the end of the day, I said I'dleave after I finished my lunch. I already had another job in the wings so it wasn't much of an issue.. my boss was my uncle though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

I technically got fired...

But I stopped following the dress code (was showing up in jeans and tee shirts), started sleeping at my desk, wasn't doing ANYTHING I was asked to do...just coming in a chillin all day.

I was trying to see how long it took for them to fire me...4 days was the answer.

When they fired me I said, "I quit on Mon...I just didn't tell you."

roll.gif

went into the boss's office told him verbally. Then submitted 2 weeks via the portal.

Back
Top Bottom