NT Gardeners Thread

feed it some bloom booster
How often would you recommend feeding it? 2-3 weeks?

this is a week (maybe 2 I forget) after feeding it. Lots of progress compared to the pic I posted on the 21st
C8551DE3-D38D-4A1A-A408-CE12EB37626A.jpeg

Just planted spinach this week. On my 3rd try, I messed up the other 2

How often would you recommend feeding it? 2-3 weeks?

this is a week (maybe 2 I forget) after feeding it. Lots of progress compared to the pic I posted on the 21st
C8551DE3-D38D-4A1A-A408-CE12EB37626A.jpeg

Just planted spinach this week. On my 3rd try, I messed up the other 2
every 2 weeks for all my plants and trees. I also give it Fish emulsion and kelp in between those weeks. 1 week fish/kelp then the next week bloom boaster or grow...etc
Also sprinkle Osmocote fertilizer every 3 months from March to like Sept. Its a slow fertilizer release.

How do yall manage these got damn Mosquitoes?

Man, I am at the point where I am about to just get rid of all my grass and cover it up with carboard/woodchips.

I gotta go outside in the SUMMER in sweatpants, long sleeves, and a damn skull-cap. There HAS to be a better way..........

Thermacell works for me

every 2 weeks for all my plants and trees. I also give it Fish emulsion and kelp in between those weeks. 1 week fish/kelp then the next week bloom boaster or grow...etc
Also sprinkle Osmocote fertilizer every 3 months from March to like Sept. Its a slow fertilizer release.
Link to the fish/kelp? I have the osmocote too, knew it was a slow release but didn’t know that slow :lol:
You know anything to use for green veggies/herbs? Like spinach, lettuce, basil, etc . Should I just use the same general hydroponics mixture that I’ve been using for my peppers?

ff.jpg
ff.jpg

I got it at a hydro store but I have seen it at Home depot or you can order it on amazon. When I use it I don't measure it lol. I just grab a 5 gallon bucket and pour a splash of both in it. Don't worry about it being too much cause you are diluting it with lots of water.
I use this
ff2.jpg

with
ff1.jpg

you don't need to use the recharge. I just use it if I'm lazy to making organic compost tea for my plants/trees.
I don't grow lettuce or spinach. Everything up in the pics i provided, I use for my thai basil, coriander, mint, vietnamese mint, cuban oregano, peppers, etc..I just dilute the bloom or grow with a little more water cause I think the recommendation might be a little too strong for the herbs.
For herbs I only use flora grow
For fruits I use both flora grow and bloom

But I also give my plants chicken manure, potassium, and dry up egg shells. Worm casting is important too.....in a pot or in a raised bed
grow-media-ecu002-64_1000.jpg

Have you heard of comfrey tea fertilizer?
that stuff is the best for plants but literally smells like poop...It smells terrible but damn the plants/trees love it and my neighbors hate me.

Attachments

• grow-media-ecu002-64_1000.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 27
How do yall manage these got damn Mosquitoes?

Man, I am at the point where I am about to just get rid of all my grass and cover it up with carboard/woodchips.

I gotta go outside in the SUMMER in sweatpants, long sleeves, and a damn skull-cap. There HAS to be a better way..........

They are attracted to carbon dioxide so just hold your breath when you're outside

Link to the fish/kelp? I have the osmocote too, knew it was a slow release but didn’t know that slow :lol:
You know anything to use for green veggies/herbs? Like spinach, lettuce, basil, etc . Should I just use the same general hydroponics mixture that I’ve been using for my peppers?
I have also used this in the past and works well
nnnn.jpg

ff.jpg
ff.jpg

I got it at a hydro store but I have seen it at Home depot or you can order it on amazon. When I use it I don't measure it lol. I just grab a 5 gallon bucket and pour a splash of both in it. Don't worry about it being too much cause you are diluting it with lots of water.
I use this
ff2.jpg

with
ff1.jpg

you don't need to use the recharge. I just use it if I'm lazy to making organic compost tea for my plants/trees.
I don't grow lettuce or spinach. Everything up in the pics i provided, I use for my thai basil, coriander, mint, vietnamese mint, cuban oregano, peppers, etc..I just dilute the bloom or grow with a little more water cause I think the recommendation might be a little too strong for the herbs.
For herbs I only use flora grow
For fruits I use both flora grow and bloom

But I also give my plants chicken manure, potassium, and dry up egg shells. Worm casting is important too.....in a pot or in a raised bed

that stuff is the best for plants but literally smells like poop...It smells terrible but damn the plants/trees love it and my neighbors hate me.
Yea see this is where I messed up my first few times trying to grow my plants. This is my first year planting veggies, I just put them in soil and left them there :lol:, didn’t know about nutrients and everything else. They were good for like 6 weeks then progress stopped. Second go around I added nutrients and stuff but I transplanted to the ground and progress stopped again..Wasted like 4 months..I started in April/May and now I’m on my 3rd go around. I have cayenne and banana pepper seedlings but It’s def too late to actually get a harvest from those. but I’m trying some green veggies( (spinach, spring mixes, lettuce) and different basils now. Should be alright until it gets too cold in like October. If anything I’m learning for next year 🤙🏻

this is the set I have, yours is “flora nova” I wonder what the difference is
122F5467-750D-4C8D-975E-BAA22AF3E3AC.png

Yea see this is where I messed up my first few times trying to grow my plants. This is my first year planting veggies, I just put them in soil and left them there :lol:, didn’t know about nutrients and everything else. They were good for like 6 weeks then progress stopped. Second go around I added nutrients and stuff but I transplanted to the ground and progress stopped again..Wasted like 4 months..I started in April/May and now I’m on my 3rd go around. I have cayenne and banana pepper seedlings but It’s def too late to actually get a harvest from those. but I’m trying some green veggies( (spinach, spring mixes, lettuce) and different basils now. Should be alright until it gets too cold in like October. If anything I’m learning for next year 🤙🏻

this is the set I have, yours is “flora nova” I wonder what the difference is
122F5467-750D-4C8D-975E-BAA22AF3E3AC.png
I haven't used those Flora before. I've seen them but always end up buying my regular stuff lol...buy it and see how it does

Any idea what kind of soil you have? I used to have pos clay with rocks in them but amended it. Now my soil is alive :pimp:
Rock dusk is good for the soil too

Try to clone your peppers and basil. It is pretty easy to do.

Any advice for growing my money tree? I feel likes it’s been the same size for a year. Lol.

2F9EC6E5-951A-4988-99B8-D7F88C308F8E.jpeg

my mom got these two plants from a neighbor like 30 years ago. We never tend to it at all it gets water from when it rains and regular sunshine since it’s outside. Every winter it’ll die and then spring comes it grows back.Anyone know the name of this plant?

2F9EC6E5-951A-4988-99B8-D7F88C308F8E.jpeg

my mom got these two plants from a neighbor like 30 years ago. We never tend to it at all it gets water from when it rains and regular sunshine since it’s outside. Every winter it’ll die and then spring comes it grows back.Anyone know the name of this plant?
be easier if we aint have to turn our necks sideways
and get a possible neck sprain
to assist u

8 Best Homemade Garden Fertilizers - Farmers’ Almanac https://www.farmersalmanac.com/8-homemade-garden-fertilizers-24258

1. Save your egg-shells: Blend them up into a fine dust/powder and save in a container. SPrinkle on plants when needed.
Note: If the eggs weren't boiled, boil the shells to get rid of the salmonella. So when you are saving egg-shells from cracked eggs, boil them.

2. You can get coffee grounds from just about any spot that makes coffee. Starbucks, DD, WaWa, etc. Some organic grocery stores might be the best bet.

3. Banana:

Finally Got my soil, feeding schedule, etc down. Everything’s been going beast mode the past 2 weeks. Sucks that it’s definitely too late for this year but I guess I’m learning for next season
8AC0B6AE-7B82-43FE-BF5E-1429B09F9B8F.jpeg
4F2D3DE3-43A9-469C-A1CE-0B313E09444C.jpeg
E7028715-A8CA-46C7-8D97-0AAADFFC9C59.jpeg

This pot here are banana peppers the rest are cayenne
A824838B-9743-4E4B-984B-D151EBB7D529.jpeg
E9FE88B3-7C6D-4B06-A56B-A252F1854C81.jpeg

Am I supposed wait for these to turn red before picking? Or do I pick and then they turn red? They def smell like they’re ready. There’s probably a good 20+ on here. These are Thai chili
CCD11D5D-4409-4C63-83CE-921352197A6E.jpeg

still having trouble with spinach for some reason though :lol: this is my 3rd try. They are supposed be easy
1374EEE3-5383-4DD3-9589-2DC8F709787B.jpeg

So I have a Big Igloo Cooler with Banana Water. (Banana Peels + Water) and I feed that to my plants.

I use Coffee Grounds for the Nitrogen.

What else and how are you making YOUR compost tea?

cs02132 cs02132

RE: Thai Chili

You can leave them on there until they turn red. The closer to red they are the hotter they are. You can pull some off now to promote more growth.

What do you plan on doing with them? You will have a lot and unless you have a plan it will be overwhelming. I ended up giving out close to 50 last summer because I had so many. (First time growing THEM).

cs02132 cs02132

RE: Thai Chili

You can leave them on there until they turn red. The closer to red they are the hotter they are. You can pull some off now to promote more growth.

What do you plan on doing with them? You will have a lot and unless you have a plan it will be overwhelming. I ended up giving out close to 50 last summer because I had so many. (First time growing THEM).
Garlic chili oil, wanted to try to make hot sauce, and cooking with them in general
But tbh I don’t even really like Thai chilies that much :lol:. I wanted to do cayenne from seed but kept messing up so I went and bought a pre grown Thai chili

This is a local Gardening Group I usually meet up with a few times per year. Of course they are usually in person, but they are still having online sessions. GOod info either way.

We’re back! Join a live online program with professional landscape designer and gardening professional Derek Thomas. The workshop will explore ways to protect plants from temperatures that soar and cause stress. Even in the worst of summers we can have a great garden and harvest.

PW: @Lk&e7VW

Back
Top Bottom