NT gun owners, come on in and take a load off vol. Class III discussion

did dude say he wanted to buy some flashbangs?
smh.gif

I have no problem with people owning guns whatsoever. none. but what you gonna do with some flashbangs?

-J-

can one make his own gun?
it had to have happened somewhere down the line for guns to exist so why not start making our own +@!%?

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Damn....g18 is illegal. What about the Beretta 93R?
If it's select fire, 9/10, it's illegal and even if they weren't the price is dumb steep, I'm talkin the $20k range
eek.gif

Yikes man...

Well damn, but in all seriousness, that kinda bread could get you a whole guncase filled with some nice armaments. I'm in CA right now...I think onceI'm settled I'm hoping to own may a rifle or two just for recreational purposes. An AR would be nice...can't have anything as fun as the stuff youguys in Oregon/Washington are getting. Probably a 12 gauge for home protection. I haven't shot the Beretta but I want to because I feel like the grip onthe glock is a bit thick.

I've had a gem on my hand for quite some time. It's a colt python target in .38 special. apparently it was only made in 1981 and only 2500 were made,700 of those being bright nickel, thats the one I have. I've heard it's worth close to 4000 bones
eek.gif
I have a picture of it with my LPC ID tagged onit, I'll post it. This has an 8 inch barrel so it's for home defense
pimp.gif

k3p538.jpg

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

i live in NYC and im underage(19) but I want a Concealed Carry License when im of age & I have read up but it says carry license aren't allowed in manhatten but I live in the bronx so that has me thinking is it possible to get a CC license ?
NYC has some of the strictest gun laws I've ever seen. According to what I read, u can't even purchase a firearm w/o the proper licensing and obtaining that license is tough, in perspective, u have a better chance knockin off a model than gettin your CCW permit. I read that most are only issued to important ppl who need them i.e. Don Imus, Attorneys, etc.

You being 19 doesn't help either. Minimum age is 21 for all types of licenses, hell u can't even own a shotgun w/o a license
smh.gif

my cousin bought a AR on his 19th bday, i got my first 9 at 19 (a year ago)..BOTH at gun shows. no licenses, just straight cash

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by MECKS

i heard about this already because a family friend owns an M-16
but i heard with an M-16 you have to pay a tax every year...
Nah, it's just a one time fee for every item classified as class III
the BEST info on the net involving Silencers and Class III info is SilencerTalk.com.
Def gon look into that site. Good looks.

I might actually start lookin into an AR-15 soon to cop in the future, gotta do my research. I'm gon do a lil more in depth research on the flashbangs to see what my chances are of gettin the sheriff to sign off on the form 4.

Wish BFO was still around, thread would be filled w/ a lot more knowledge than already posted
tired.gif

BFO was definitely the man when it comes to info, but now that is what I am here for. I did a six month tour in Iraq, and I supported the US SPecial Operations Command. I am bound by a non-disclosure agreement that is in effect for 70 YEARS so I cannot say much, but what I can say is that I was working with and around the most Elite soldiers in the world ...ones that we all know about and the ones that are neither confirmed nore denied. The base we worked at didn't exist. I learned so much about weapons from them, from tactical vests, to knives, to weapons accesories, to the actual weapons themselvcs. That Mark12 spec in my photo is match grade and top of the line...it is a Special Operations weapon and I paid a pretty penny for it...heck that scope alone cost over $1200, more than most people entire weapon.

So if you want info I can provide it, as it was provided to me by some of the best operators in the world.

Well then by all means brah, educate and share ur wealth of knowledge.

That's wassup that u were blessed to be learned by some of the elite in the military, and that disclosure agreement protects us all as Americans so I aintmad at that, not one bit.

I'm just intrigued by the whole Class III thing, hence why I made this thread. When I first found out I was like
grin.gif
then
eek.gif
pimp.gif
once I realized that it is indeed legal to possess suchitems if goin through the proper protocol. I admit that I'm pretty overzealous right now about the whole thing sayin I wanna get this and that and thatand this but in all actuality, I only want a nice rifle that I don't have to drop car money for.

I figure all of this info will be useful to me now and in the future as I'm goin thru law school and even further into the future than that. Glad we havesomebody on NT willin to drop knowledge instead of a bunch of "I think"

Is there a federal gun permit that allows a person to carry a gun to other states without the hassle of the police ?

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Elder, please do share some insight on the .338 Lapua.

For the past year a friend and I have been comtemplating on purchasing a couple long range rifles for a few marksman classes. In the past I have taken a few IDPA courses and for this coming summer I'm thinking of taking either a tactical carbine or the long marksman class. I've been debating on the 300 win mag, .338, or the .50BMG. I was actually about to pull the trigger on a barely used sako trg42 for an insane deal for $2200 but had to use my funds towards other things. I also thought about the awsm but it carries a hefty price tag, for which I can get my Barrett 99a1 around the same price, would like the m82 but i'd have to take a loan out for that.

Always had a thing for the 50cal. I get goosebumps thinking of having a barrett in the closet.
.338 Lapua Magnum is a BEAST of a long range round. No it doesn't have as much pure massas the .50 Cal but the ballistics on it are somewhat comparable. The difference between the two is basically in their mission. The .50 Cal is used against hardtargets AND against people, though primarily a anti-material round. The .338 Lapua is mostly used to kill people. The Brit snipers have basically used it astheir standard caliber for their excellent Accuracy International sniper rifles. It can get out to 2000 yards in optimal conditions.

But I will admit one thing...the .50BMG round is much easier to find than the .338 Lapua, and that is because it is amilitary surplus round. Other weapon platforms use it such as the Ma-duece (M2) .50 Cal mounted machine gun. You may pay a little more for a Barrett, but yourammo costs will be lower.

I went to one of the best gunshops in the nation (Jim's Pawn Shop) he has Accuracy International .50 Cal, .338 Lapua,and a few Barretts, but he showed me a new up and coming long range rifle chambered in .338 and it only cost $5k. The Desert Tactical SRS...it is gaining a lotof respect in the community for sub-MOA accuracy out to 1600 yards (basically means that at 1600 yards it can fire a 5-shot group in a 16 inch or less circle.)It has a bullpup design that makes the overall barrell length shorter. It is already railed out, so you can add accessories. For a true long range scope,forget me and my Leupold obsession...get a NIGHTFORCE NXS scope. A Desert Tactical SRS with a NightForce scope, and real deal Spec ops dudes would be jealousof you. Pics below
desert.gif

desert-tactical.gif

If you REALLY have money to spend...check out the CheyTac Intervention in the .403. Yes it is featured in COD MW2...butpeeps in the know...know that it is THE extreme long range rifle platform that comes with a Kestrel wind meter and ballistics computer. We talking almost 3000yards with that weapon, but for the weapon, the ballistic comp, and the ammo...we talking in the range of $20k or more.

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

I was looking into this awhile back, don't know why but I randomly got the urge to own a blue camo mp5, silencer and a uav jammer
laugh.gif
son almost made me spit on the keyboard
roll.gif

Dathbgboy wrote:
REDd SPYDER wrote:
i live in NYC and im underage(19) but I want a Concealed Carry License when im of age & I have read up but it says carry license aren't allowed in manhatten but I live in the bronx so that has me thinking is it possible to get a CC license ?
NYC has some of the strictest gun laws I've ever seen. According to what I read, u can't even purchase a firearm w/o the proper licensing and obtaining that license is tough, in perspective, u have a better chance knockin off a model than gettin your CCW permit. I read that most are only issued to important ppl who need them i.e. Don Imus, Attorneys, etc.

You being 19 doesn't help either. Minimum age is 21 for all types of licenses, hell u can't even own a shotgun w/o a license
smh.gif

NYC does have some strict laws but i was under the impression that MASS had the worst...??? correct the I if im mistaken fellas, but it jus seemslike the boys seriously dnt want springfield cats to carry...legally

the BEST info on the net involving Silencers and Class III info is SilencerTalk.com.

I might actually start lookin into an AR-15 soon to cop in the future, gotta do my research. I'm gon do a lil more in depth research on the flashbangs to see what my chances are of gettin the sheriff to sign off on the form 4.

Wish BFO was still around, thread would be filled w/ a lot more knowledge than already posted
tired.gif

BFO was definitely the man when it comes to info, but now that is what I am here for. I did a six month tour in Iraq, and I supported the US SPecial Operations Command. I am bound by a non-disclosure agreement that is in effect for 70 YEARS so I cannot say much, but what I can say is that I was working with and around the most Elite soldiers in the world ...ones that we all know about and the ones that are neither confirmed nore denied. The base we worked at didn't exist. I learned so much about weapons from them, from tactical vests, to knives, to weapons accesories, to the actual weapons themselvcs. That Mark12 spec in my photo is match grade and top of the line...it is a Special Operations weapon and I paid a pretty penny for it...heck that scope alone cost over $1200, more than most people entire weapon.

So if you want info I can provide it, as it was provided to me by some of the best operators in the world.

That's wassup that u were blessed to be learned by some of the elite in the military, and that disclosure agreement protects us all as Americans so I aint mad at that, not one bit.

I'm just intrigued by the whole Class III thing, hence why I made this thread. When I first found out I was like
grin.gif
then
eek.gif
pimp.gif
once I realized that it is indeed legal to possess such items if goin through the proper protocol. I admit that I'm pretty overzealous right now about the whole thing sayin I wanna get this and that and that and this but in all actuality, I only want a nice rifle that I don't have to drop car money for.

I figure all of this info will be useful to me now and in the future as I'm goin thru law school and even further into the future than that. Glad we have somebody on NT willin to drop knowledge instead of a bunch of "I think"

No doubt my dude. Weapon ownership is a privilege and for responsible adults, especially ofthe Class III range, but when you get the money, or are ready to spend the money you'll have the time of your life. You can get a nice Remington 700 with anice scope for around $2500, or the new sniper rifle platform the M110 SASS (Semi-auto Sniper System) spec for around $3k, my bad you are not interested insniper systems...in that case you CAN buy a SCAR for around $3500...dope gun. The Rangers are field testing it as we speak.

BTW...correction, the CheyTac Intervention is chambered in the special .408 caliber.

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Is there a federal gun permit that allows a person to carry a gun to other states without the hassle of the police ?
Reciprocity. Some states honor gun licenses from other states. Here's is PA's

[table][tr][th=""]State[/th] [th=""]Honors PA?[/th] [th=""]Honored by PA?[/th] [th=""]Links[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Alaska[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arkansas[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Georgia[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Idaho[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Indiana[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kentucky[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Louisiana[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michigan[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Missouri[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Montana[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Hampshire[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]North Carolina[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]North Dakota[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oklahoma[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]South Dakota[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tennessee[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Texas[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Utah[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vermont[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]No[/td] [td]
  • No law prohibiting the carry of firearms.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Virginia[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]West Virginia[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wyoming[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td]Yes[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

tired.gif

That's wassup that u were blessed to be learned by some of the elite in the military, and that disclosure agreement protects us all as Americans so I aint mad at that, not one bit.

grin.gif
then
eek.gif
pimp.gif
once I realized that it is indeed legal to possess such items if goin through the proper protocol. I admit that I'm pretty overzealous right now about the whole thing sayin I wanna get this and that and that and this but in all actuality, I only want a nice rifle that I don't have to drop car money for.

I figure all of this info will be useful to me now and in the future as I'm goin thru law school and even further into the future than that. Glad we have somebody on NT willin to drop knowledge instead of a bunch of "I think"

No doubt my dude. Weapon ownership is a privilege and for responsible adults, especially of the Class III range, but when you get the money, or are ready to spend the money you'll have the time of your life. You can get a nice Remington 700 with a nice scope for around $2500, or the new sniper rifle platform the M110 SASS (Semi-auto Sniper System) spec for around $3k, my bad you are not interested in sniper systems...in that case you CAN buy a SCAR for around $3500...dope gun. The Rangers are field testing it as we speak.

BTW...correction, the CheyTac Intervention is chambered in the special .408 caliber.

Thank you Elder.

.338 is hard to come by and when it is in stock ammo is crazy expensive. My local store always has american eagle xm33 .50 ball at $260 for 80rds. I wont bebuying new so I'll be scavenging around forum classifieds for that deal. Don't want to spend more than $5 on the entire setup and thats includingglass. I'll settle for the 338 or the 50 which ever I can get a good deal on.

Oh and miniguns, for a whole operating system try $300K and thats not including ammunition. They thing can shoot at 6000rpm equally 6000rds per minute sothats 60rds per second. Imagine how much it'll cost you to feed for it 2 minutes.
laugh.gif

tired.gif

grin.gif
then
eek.gif
pimp.gif

No doubt my dude. Weapon ownership is a privilege and for responsible adults, especially of the Class III range, but when you get the money, or are ready to spend the money you'll have the time of your life. You can get a nice Remington 700 with a nice scope for around $2500, or the new sniper rifle platform the M110 SASS (Semi-auto Sniper System) spec for around $3k, my bad you are not interested in sniper systems...in that case you CAN buy a SCAR for around $3500...dope gun. The Rangers are field testing it as we speak.

Yea I aint lookin into no sniper system, no need for that.
laugh.gif
Weapon ownership is a privilege, one I don't take lighty. I was first lookinat the AR-15 but the SCAR does look nice and $3500 aint a bad investment

EDIT: When were u gon mention the DDM4 Carbine?

74a2dc88fd92d6ab690bf39df6f1613d.jpg

• Lower Receiver: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well
  • Upper Receiver: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps
  • Barrel: 16″ Ordanace Grade 4150 MP Tested, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, Chrome Lined, M4 Profile
  • Chamber: 5.56 NATO
  • Flash Hider: A2 Birdcage Flash Hider
  • Bolt Carrier Group: Mil-Spec MP Tested, Properly Staked Gas Key
  • Buffer: H Buffer
  • Sights: Daniel Defense A1.5 Fixed Rear Sight; Pinned "F" Marked Front Sight Base
  • Rail System: Daniel Defense Omega X 7.0
  • Buttstock: MAGPUL MOE Buttstock & Mil-Spec 5 Position Receiver Extension
  • Magazine: MAGPUL 30 round PMag in Black
  • Vertical Grip: Daniel Defense A2 Styling Vertical Grip
  • Case: Comes with Custom Daniel Defense Full-Latch 30ft Impact Plastic Case
  • Made in the USA!
And it's only $1700
pimp.gif

tired.gif

grin.gif
then
eek.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Weapon ownership is a privilege, one I don't take lighty. I was first lookin at the AR-15 but the SCAR does look nice and $3500 aint a bad investment

• Barrel: 16″ Ordanace Grade 4150 MP Tested, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 Twist, Chrome Lined, M4 Profile
  • Sights: Daniel Defense A1.5 Fixed Rear Sight; Pinned "F" Marked Front Sight Base
  • Made in the USA!
And it's only $1700
pimp.gif

tired.gif

grin.gif
then
eek.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Weapon ownership is a privilege, one I don't take lighty. I was first lookin at the AR-15 but the SCAR does look nice and $3500 aint a bad investment

• Made in the USA!
And it's only $1700
pimp.gif

Daniel Defense is up there with Noeveske (sp?) when it comes to Ar-15's. They are actuallyknown for their AR accessories like their rails which can be added to almost any AR, but the complete rifle they put together is no joke. Matter of fact when Ipicked up my DPMS Mark 12 AR the gunstore had that model in stock. I asked to see it, really nice, tight tolerances and all. If I was looking for more of a CQBtype AR I would not mind having it. Oh I must say...those PMAGS by MagPul are a MUST HAVE. They are very durable and rugged. I have two of them myself, and amlooking ot get at least 4 more. Much better than the GI Aluminum mags.

Check out gunbroker.com and do a search for it. MAy be able to find it for a little less.

Sounds like the majority of NTers are looking to be arm-chair commandos...
laugh.gif

Nothing against guns at all, but wanting a CC license is just another liability, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by CjMoney

LOL. $%* u gonna do with flashbangs? Use it on someone thats annoying you? toss it into the bathroom while they are on the can?
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Sounds like the majority of NTers are looking to be arm-chair commandos...
laugh.gif

Nothing against guns at all, but wanting a CC license is just another liability, in my opinion.
Not really, it's a hobby and a form of protection IF it ever gets to that point which itrarely does. We take a lot of things for granted, but a natural disaster, or a really desperate population due to a continually failing economy can reallychange things for the worse. True I don't NEED a rifle capable of shooting out to 700-800 yards relatively accurately, but I plan on entering competitionseventually. Basically I look at this as a hobby that could be used as a survival/protection skill if ever needed, which I hope I never will.

tired.gif

grin.gif
then
eek.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

• Made in the USA!
And it's only $1700
pimp.gif

Daniel Defense is up there with Noeveske (sp?) when it comes to Ar-15's. They are actually known for their AR accessories like their rails which can be added to almost any AR, but the complete rifle they put together is no joke. Matter of fact when I picked up my DPMS Mark 12 AR the gunstore had that model in stock. I asked to see it, really nice, tight tolerances and all. If I was looking for more of a CQB type AR I would not mind having it. Oh I must say...those PMAGS by MagPul are a MUST HAVE. They are very durable and rugged. I have two of them myself, and am looking ot get at least 4 more. Much better than the GI Aluminum mags.

Check out gunbroker.com and do a search for it. MAy be able to find it for a little less.

I just did a quick google search to find the difference between an M4 and an AR-15 and now I feel a lil smarter
laugh.gif
I def like the adjustablestock so I'm gon rock w/ the M4

What's ur take on the Stag 2T vs the DDM4?

Back
Top Bottom