NT, have you ever felt like your life was over?

In before suicide watch. This isn’t one of those threads.

I was listening to the radio earlier and the topic of whether snitching in order to avoid an extensive prison sentence (40 years or more) was acceptable. A lot of people were saying snitching is never acceptable and they would never do it under any circumstance.

I called bull**** on that because it’s easier to say that as a person who doesn’t have to accept such a sentence as an immediate possibility.

So it got me to thinking about the aspect of whether I ever thought it was just over for me. The closest thing I can recall was a few years back when a chick I was messing with lied and said she was pregnant and would be keeping the baby. I didn’t want to have to coparent with someone like her, so I figured life as I knew it had come to an end. Luckily she was lying about the whole thing, and there’s a greater lesson there about being careful about who you’re laying up with, but that’s another topic for another day.

You all ever had the feeling that your life was over?

Last edited:
I've had low points but not to the point that i thought it was over.

People 'say' they'd never snitch. Talking about that situation and being in that situation are two different things.

And America needs an mentally shift about the 'snitching' as a whole. How about just don't break the law and don't do foul i$h. We have to have some type of accountability or we'll always be suffering.

Accountability/respect is lacking these days and that should never make you feel depressed. Man the F up. You wanna point the finger? Make a u turn in that finger pointing

Last edited:
Facing felony assault on a police officer had me feeling that way (cop lied on me of course). Luckily I was 17 and able to get all that mess expunged.

Yup, gun in face at a party

That and sliding into oncoming traffic in a Civic while it was snowing and a snow truck was driving towards me

Got robbed by a gang of bloods by my house back when the iPod shuffle stick version ffirst came out ( I know because I was walking home with it)
They snuffed me, jacked the shuffle had a gun to my head , jacked the $3 I had left in my pocket

Next day 3 of them got shot, and the other 3 got arrested ( I know because in my neighborhood it was in the local papers

Karma is a *****. ( although my dad was responsible for all of this since the ******* had a gambling addiction and gambled away all of my moms savings so I was forced to grow up in a really bad neighborhood for most of my young life.)

I thought I was gonna have to do 3 years once.

Me and my friend held it down didn’t talk and got 30 days house arrest. :lol:

They say anything to try and scare you.

Never felt like it was over...but def felt like I hit rock bottom after a rough stretch, like thinkin "damn it cant get any worse right now" time to get right

And I know all too well what OP means bout that pregnancy thing :smh:

Yup, gun in face at a party

That and sliding into oncoming traffic in a Civic while it was snowing and a snow truck was driving towards me
Hydroplaned the whip on the highway, luckily it was late so not many cars on the road...that feeling of no control when you just spinning n its up to fate to decide where u end up is crazy :smh:

Yo drove 2 hours on the highway in snow for the first time in my life. At one point my point my car was horizontal. I have no idea how but I corrected myself but those brief seconds had me ****ting myself.

Was on an anti-depressant called Lexapro and quit cold turkey like an idiot. Went into a downward spiral where I didn't think I would be able to recover mentally or emotionally. Come to find out it was withdrawal from the drug. You're supposed to taper off or else it can be hell. I didn't know that at the time.

Unless I'm having hard jail time or my doctors tell me I have a disease or condition, I don't think I could ever experience that type of feeling. I'm too much of a "glass half-full" type of guy.

Unless I'm having hard jail time or my doctors tell me I have a disease or condition, I don't think I could ever experience that type of feeling. I'm too much of a "glass half-full" type of guy.

Yeah I guess I never felt like my life was over.

Just like “this is gonna suck for a while”

I’ve been held up a few times too. I didn’t have time to think if my life was gonna be over.

Was on an anti-depressant called Lexapro and quit cold turkey like an idiot. Went into a downward spiral where I didn't think I would be able to recover mentally or emotionally. Come to find out it was withdrawal from the drug. You're supposed to taper off or else it can be hell. I didn't know that at the time.
Yeah that's something you have to do your research on. Was on Zoloft for a year and a half and even the taper was kind of rough. Got the SSRI "zaps" like crazy every time I turned my head to the side.

The closest I've ever felt to death was back in 2007 when I got in an (almost) head-on collision. Dumb ***** thought she had the right of way in a 3-way intersection and decided to make the slight left when I was going straight with a green light. I was going about 45 MPH and hit her almost straight on. I just remember my vision whiting-out and the airbags being deployed. I walked away shaken but unscathed, whereas she wasn't wearing her seatbelt so she cracked the windshield of her car with her forehead which left her leaking. She also had a kid in the car apparently, but I didn't care at the moment because I had my weed and my bowl in the center console so I was busy calling my ex that lived close to come through and take them before the cops got there :lol:. You still a real one, Amy.

If we're talking depression/suicide watch type stuff I've never really gotten to that point, but I've been to some dark places mentally. If you've experienced true depression you realize it's not just being sad all the time. It's more about losing the will or want to keep moving forward and seeing nothing on the horizon. I've gotten into my old 2-seater roadster and drove recklessly with no seatbelt or roll cage and thought "well if it happens, it happens." Total apathy is worse than sadness because (for the most part) those puddles dry up and the sun comes out. When you can't bring yourself to care about anything and you don't see any potential in moving forward you know you're in a bad spot.

Last edited:
when on my way to a booty call
i got hemmed up by 4 dudes with a gun
and they robbed me
and tried to take me into a deserted spot of e14th st
here in oakland

when i got stabbed up during a fight
and i lost a bunch of blood
and lost feeling in my right leg

when i was 14
came home from the grocery store
bout to make a root beer float
and my mom is on the phone
my first bm had called and told my mom
she was pregnant
before i could tell her

God is Good!

Im still here...

Alhamdulillah!

Been through some things that sometimes I'm surprised I'm still here. Feel like I'm on borrowed time sometimes that's why I just enjoy and make the best out of everyday.

Back
Top Bottom