NT, how did technology advance so quickly within the last hundred years?!

bright minds have ALWAYS been around.. it's all about the education.

the amount of people who had access to education increased exponentially in the 19th and 20th centuries. there have always been creative people, but you don't really have the tools to exercise your creativity if you're stuck working on a farm to support your family. but take one of those farm kids, train him in math/physics/chemistry/etc, and you might have the next Fleming, Edison, or Einstein on your hands.

the one thing though, that i can't get over, is aviation. i've flown dozens of times, and seen probably thousands of planes (i live 10min from BWI airport), but i'm still amazed every time i see one of those things take off. i know the general science behind it, but when you actually see it come together it seems to defy your senses. and let me not even get started on the people who build rocket ships..
smh.gif

Originally Posted by zichardruniga

^there are scientist, comologist, and all other kinds of really smartpeople that know a lot more than any of us working 25 hours a day tosolve problems
cosmology has little to do with rocket science, just saying.

bright minds have ALWAYS been around.. it's all about the education.

the amount of people who had access to education increased exponentially in the 19th and 20th centuries. there have always been creative people, but you don't really have the tools to exercise your creativity if you're stuck working on a farm to support your family. but take one of those farm kids, train him in math/physics/chemistry/etc, and you might have the next Fleming, Edison, or Einstein on your hands.

the one thing though, that i can't get over, is aviation. i've flown dozens of times, and seen probably thousands of planes (i live 10min from BWI airport), but i'm still amazed every time i see one of those things take off. i know the general science behind it, but when you actually see it come together it seems to defy your senses. and let me not even get started on the people who build rocket ships..
smh.gif

Originally Posted by zichardruniga

^there are scientist, comologist, and all other kinds of really smartpeople that know a lot more than any of us working 25 hours a day tosolve problems
cosmology has little to do with rocket science, just saying.

aliens gave us free-energy back in the 40's

when the ufo crash landed

and for every different race of alien/ufo that crashes or they steal

they make new upgrades from that

now we got the usa flying in these

Originally Posted by Noodles

China-UFO.jpg

P201007090755561564718782.jpg

ufo+china.jpg

China-UFO-1.jpg

i guess its just the penalty of leadership

aliens gave us free-energy back in the 40's

when the ufo crash landed

and for every different race of alien/ufo that crashes or they steal

they make new upgrades from that

now we got the usa flying in these

Originally Posted by Noodles

China-UFO.jpg

P201007090755561564718782.jpg

ufo+china.jpg

China-UFO-1.jpg

i guess its just the penalty of leadership

All of this "technology" has existed for a very long time. Some of it is just being commercialized.

All of this "technology" has existed for a very long time. Some of it is just being commercialized.

no lies, i am straight jealous of the future generations

imagine the things their phones can do, their shoes, cars, transportation, laptops, houses
wish i can freeze myself now and ask my future generations to unfreeze me in 200 years

no lies, i am straight jealous of the future generations

imagine the things their phones can do, their shoes, cars, transportation, laptops, houses
wish i can freeze myself now and ask my future generations to unfreeze me in 200 years

because we are never satisfied. always wanting something bigger/smaller, faster, and better.
I hope that never changes either.....One day technology will be the death of us, but "I, for one welcome our new robot overlords"

because we are never satisfied. always wanting something bigger/smaller, faster, and better.
I hope that never changes either.....One day technology will be the death of us, but "I, for one welcome our new robot overlords"

Originally Posted by TacC4

Technological advances beget technological advances. In effect, snowballing and Moore's Law, as previously mentioned. Electricity and light bulbs allow you to work beyond hours of daylight, affording us billions of man hours of labor every day, don't underestimate the impact of something so simple. Refrigeration allows you to "hunt" once/week rather than working the farm daily. Again, more man hours that can be dedicated to innovation. Once you have advanced computers, you can begin to develop machines that build products to specifications that humans cannot. Most of the items in your laptop and phone cannot be built by hand with any degree of reliability. Technology adds to our capabilities and gives us more time to develop these capabilities.

Can't believe people actually think that companies are sitting on 2012's products or that aliens gave us "lots of technology." Right, cause companies don't compete against each other in a capitalist environment. And aliens hooked it up w/the iPhone27. Really? Aliens? Honestly? So they made a Noah-esque voyage w/solar panels, cellular towers, silicone wafers, a plasma tv, a laser and some kevlar packed in their spacecraft (its weird that a species w/all this technology would CRASH into the middle of a desert). And then, since they were in such a great mood (mind you, this was after they traveled for YEARS just to get here) they decided to teach the Americans a lesson in avoiding radar detection (lets not forget that radar is a human invention).
People reverse engineer technology all the time. 

Originally Posted by TacC4

Technological advances beget technological advances. In effect, snowballing and Moore's Law, as previously mentioned. Electricity and light bulbs allow you to work beyond hours of daylight, affording us billions of man hours of labor every day, don't underestimate the impact of something so simple. Refrigeration allows you to "hunt" once/week rather than working the farm daily. Again, more man hours that can be dedicated to innovation. Once you have advanced computers, you can begin to develop machines that build products to specifications that humans cannot. Most of the items in your laptop and phone cannot be built by hand with any degree of reliability. Technology adds to our capabilities and gives us more time to develop these capabilities.

Can't believe people actually think that companies are sitting on 2012's products or that aliens gave us "lots of technology." Right, cause companies don't compete against each other in a capitalist environment. And aliens hooked it up w/the iPhone27. Really? Aliens? Honestly? So they made a Noah-esque voyage w/solar panels, cellular towers, silicone wafers, a plasma tv, a laser and some kevlar packed in their spacecraft (its weird that a species w/all this technology would CRASH into the middle of a desert). And then, since they were in such a great mood (mind you, this was after they traveled for YEARS just to get here) they decided to teach the Americans a lesson in avoiding radar detection (lets not forget that radar is a human invention).
People reverse engineer technology all the time. 

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

bibble.

for shizzle.
Science and religion go together. Not separate. We are watching tv shows and documentaries slowly dragging the masses to this evident truth. 
35131_633294685464_25307266_36005775_7362070_n.jpg

34496_633296751324_25307266_36005801_4616572_n.jpg

34525_633297444934_25307266_36005810_5264838_n.jpg

37689_633295588654_25307266_36005781_695515_n.jpg

Originally Posted by popcornplaya

bibble.

for shizzle.
Science and religion go together. Not separate. We are watching tv shows and documentaries slowly dragging the masses to this evident truth. 
35131_633294685464_25307266_36005775_7362070_n.jpg

34496_633296751324_25307266_36005801_4616572_n.jpg

34525_633297444934_25307266_36005810_5264838_n.jpg

37689_633295588654_25307266_36005781_695515_n.jpg

The Wright brothers first flew at Kitty Hawk in 1903. Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon in 1969.

In one lifetime we learned how to fly, then built on that to finally leave earths orbit. Just think, we made it to the moon using a slide ruler... A freaking slide ruler.

The Wright brothers first flew at Kitty Hawk in 1903. Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon in 1969.

In one lifetime we learned how to fly, then built on that to finally leave earths orbit. Just think, we made it to the moon using a slide ruler... A freaking slide ruler.

Originally Posted by TurboMan

Originally Posted by torgriffith

That would be a book. Not a TV show or documentary.

I was referring to movies like Angels & Demons, and all these shows on Nat Geo and History channel talking about quantum physics and and science and religion describing each other. Stop trying to be a witty NTer and learn something dude. 

Back
Top Bottom