NT, I got a red light ticket today, can i fight it? Vol. How do I not pay this?

so you ran a red light? and you're asking for a reduction? are you an idiot or what? it was your mistake in the first place, so it is only normal you get a ticket.. just get over it and dont do it again...

I almost made this thread the other day, got the same ticket in the mail for $382. Said I didn't stop completely before turning right on red
30t6p3b.gif
. I would go fight that, luckily I was driving my dads car at the time and the ticket is all issued to him, but since he wasn't the driver he just has to send in a copy of his license and they will see that the driver(me) and him aren't the same and the ticket will be dismissed. Definitely wasn't planning on paying it though, would rather doing community service or something like that especially considering the job I have now. Good luck though, first time I ever got caught by the cameras and thought it was complete bs.

Edit just saw you were driving your moms whip, if the ticket was issued to her, there should be a form to fill out where she can prove she wasn't the driver and the ticket should get dismissed.

I almost made this thread the other day, got the same ticket in the mail for $382. Said I didn't stop completely before turning right on red
30t6p3b.gif
. I would go fight that, luckily I was driving my dads car at the time and the ticket is all issued to him, but since he wasn't the driver he just has to send in a copy of his license and they will see that the driver(me) and him aren't the same and the ticket will be dismissed. Definitely wasn't planning on paying it though, would rather doing community service or something like that especially considering the job I have now. Good luck though, first time I ever got caught by the cameras and thought it was complete bs.

Edit just saw you were driving your moms whip, if the ticket was issued to her, there should be a form to fill out where she can prove she wasn't the driver and the ticket should get dismissed.

i dont think alot of people know this, but you can fight/reduce your ticket online (at least in NY)

there's a section you clicked and reduce ticket fee by 20-30%.

i got 2 tickets for no parking 65 and did this to reduce $43.00

i dont think alot of people know this, but you can fight/reduce your ticket online (at least in NY)

there's a section you clicked and reduce ticket fee by 20-30%.

i got 2 tickets for no parking 65 and did this to reduce $43.00

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

I got the ticket back in January and it was by a camera that I didn't notice. I received the ticket in the mail last month because I was too lazy to send it with my info (driving moms whip).
 ^ THis part I dont understand what u mean...

Well I see those cameras flashing in NYC almost eveyday when cars pass the red light. In fact even if the light is yellow and the car passes the camera will flash they are tracking down on stuff like this hard.They must be raking in thousands of dollars from people going through the red/yellow light everyday.

Anyway your mom must be pretty mad at you for getting the ticket  while dirving her car. I bet you'll never go through the yellow /red light while driving ever again for the rest of your life. $480. is a lot of money. best of luck! 

yellow though? Isnt that 100% legal?

Red on top , Green Below, Red means stop, green means go. Yellow means wait even if your late. (thats a lil rhyme I learned in elementary school and I never forgot it lol)

Anyway yellow means you are supposed to bring the car to a complete stop . Unless you are too close to the intersection to stop safely then thats the only time you should proceed, & also be careful as you pass through.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

I got the ticket back in January and it was by a camera that I didn't notice. I received the ticket in the mail last month because I was too lazy to send it with my info (driving moms whip).
 ^ THis part I dont understand what u mean...

Well I see those cameras flashing in NYC almost eveyday when cars pass the red light. In fact even if the light is yellow and the car passes the camera will flash they are tracking down on stuff like this hard.They must be raking in thousands of dollars from people going through the red/yellow light everyday.

Anyway your mom must be pretty mad at you for getting the ticket  while dirving her car. I bet you'll never go through the yellow /red light while driving ever again for the rest of your life. $480. is a lot of money. best of luck! 

yellow though? Isnt that 100% legal?

Red on top , Green Below, Red means stop, green means go. Yellow means wait even if your late. (thats a lil rhyme I learned in elementary school and I never forgot it lol)

Anyway yellow means you are supposed to bring the car to a complete stop . Unless you are too close to the intersection to stop safely then thats the only time you should proceed, & also be careful as you pass through.

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Originally Posted by Regal Black

glad they took the red light cameras down here in Houston. Never been caught by one.
Word is that they were made effective again yesterday. At least that's what I've been hearing through Twitter and word-of-mouth.
The red light camera tickets here, in Houston, were only $75. I got a few of them for not coming to a complete stop when making a right turn during a red light. I'm curious as to why OP's was +$300 though...?
Because California is !$%*$*@ broke.
My ticket ended up costing me $522, including traffic school.

My dad hired a lawyer who went to court for him. She charged $200 and "proved" that the picture was hazy and may/may not be my dad. Case got thrown out.  No point on his record.  No need for traffic school.  I think this particular lawyer just does traffic violations and things of that nature.  

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Originally Posted by Regal Black

glad they took the red light cameras down here in Houston. Never been caught by one.
Word is that they were made effective again yesterday. At least that's what I've been hearing through Twitter and word-of-mouth.
The red light camera tickets here, in Houston, were only $75. I got a few of them for not coming to a complete stop when making a right turn during a red light. I'm curious as to why OP's was +$300 though...?
Because California is !$%*$*@ broke.
My ticket ended up costing me $522, including traffic school.

My dad hired a lawyer who went to court for him. She charged $200 and "proved" that the picture was hazy and may/may not be my dad. Case got thrown out.  No point on his record.  No need for traffic school.  I think this particular lawyer just does traffic violations and things of that nature.  

all of you are some irresonsible idiots who shouldnt even be driving, think it's some kind of game? not only do you put yourself in danger but you put other innocent people in danger too.. who cares if you wanna die and not follow the rules.. but dont put other people in danger.. lock this thread.. stupid $%% selfish people who have no sense of responsibility

all of you are some irresonsible idiots who shouldnt even be driving, think it's some kind of game? not only do you put yourself in danger but you put other innocent people in danger too.. who cares if you wanna die and not follow the rules.. but dont put other people in danger.. lock this thread.. stupid $%% selfish people who have no sense of responsibility

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

You mad? "Running a red light" doesn't mean that somebody just takes total disregard for traffic laws. A short yellow light could unexpectedly cause somebody to run a red light that normally wouldn't have been red at that time--which accounts for the vast majority of the red light camera tickets given. The lights are usually timed so that there is a delay between one way turning red and the opposite way turning green. So these slight missteps in timing the length of a yellow light aren't putting people in danger.
If it were all people just doing as they pleased and running red lights at will with no regard for anybody's safety, that would be one thing. You seem to just be a prick who likes to pass judgement before considering any facts at all though.

You mad? "Running a red light" doesn't mean that somebody just takes total disregard for traffic laws. A short yellow light could unexpectedly cause somebody to run a red light that normally wouldn't have been red at that time--which accounts for the vast majority of the red light camera tickets given. The lights are usually timed so that there is a delay between one way turning red and the opposite way turning green. So these slight missteps in timing the length of a yellow light aren't putting people in danger.
If it were all people just doing as they pleased and running red lights at will with no regard for anybody's safety, that would be one thing. You seem to just be a prick who likes to pass judgement before considering any facts at all though.

Slamming on your brakes when you see a yellow light can be more dangerous than just going through the yellow light. There are times I've had to slam on my brakes because the car in front of me slammed on the brakes as soon as they saw yellow.

Slamming on your brakes when you see a yellow light can be more dangerous than just going through the yellow light. There are times I've had to slam on my brakes because the car in front of me slammed on the brakes as soon as they saw yellow.

Cameras go off but not everyone gets a ticket..pictures and video is reviewed by actual people to see if any laws were broken..if laws were broken, u get a ticket

Goldenchild u act like we running reds on purpose..for the thrills and +%!%..
I can imagine ur immaculate with ur life which is why u can talk down to us like u do..smdh

People make mistakes..we in here trying to be responsible about the situation to take care of business and u up here talking holier than thou.. #@%!# with that

thousands?

NYC makes half a BILLION every year from traffic/parking violations. it's part of the budget.

thousands?

NYC makes half a BILLION every year from traffic/parking violations. it's part of the budget.

giirllll.. calm down. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

#$%^ happens.. you think OP ran the red on purpose? shut the hell up. 

Cameras go off but not everyone gets a ticket..pictures and video is reviewed by actual people to see if any laws were broken..if laws were broken, u get a ticket

Goldenchild u act like we running reds on purpose..for the thrills and +%!%..
I can imagine ur immaculate with ur life which is why u can talk down to us like u do..smdh

People make mistakes..we in here trying to be responsible about the situation to take care of business and u up here talking holier than thou.. #@%!# with that

giirllll.. calm down. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

#$%^ happens.. you think OP ran the red on purpose? shut the hell up. 

I still can't believe you guys can fight traffic violations. @%$% is laughable.

If you got a ticket then you're guilty of violating the law. Man up and pay up.

If you got a ticket then you're guilty of violating the law. Man up and pay up.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

yeap.. a redlight ticket is probably the hardest violation to contest.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

yeap.. a redlight ticket is probably the hardest violation to contest.

Back
Top Bottom