NT, I got a red light ticket today, can i fight it? Vol. How do I not pay this?

Funny how you guys are talking about this. On my way back home from the club last night, I was in dead stop traffic and got stuck in the middle of the intersection cause of some dumb dude that cut in front of me. I was in the middle when my light turned red and the camera went off on me. I'm really hoping I don't get a ticket, because that would be straight BS. I was in San Francisco too.

Funny how you guys are talking about this. On my way back home from the club last night, I was in dead stop traffic and got stuck in the middle of the intersection cause of some dumb dude that cut in front of me. I was in the middle when my light turned red and the camera went off on me. I'm really hoping I don't get a ticket, because that would be straight BS. I was in San Francisco too.

Originally Posted by RealRubirosa

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

all of you are some irresonsible idiots who shouldnt even be driving, think it's some kind of game? not only do you put yourself in danger but you put other innocent people in danger too.. who cares if you wanna die and not follow the rules.. but dont put other people in danger.. lock this thread.. stupid $%% selfish people who have no sense of responsibility
You mad? "Running a red light" doesn't mean that somebody just takes total disregard for traffic laws. A short yellow light could unexpectedly cause somebody to run a red light that normally wouldn't have been red at that time--which accounts for the vast majority of the red light camera tickets given. The lights are usually timed so that there is a delay between one way turning red and the opposite way turning green. So these slight missteps in timing the length of a yellow light aren't putting people in danger.
If it were all people just doing as they pleased and running red lights at will with no regard for anybody's safety, that would be one thing. You seem to just be a prick who likes to pass judgement before considering any facts at all though.
oh really? you are driving through a red light and you are still trying to convice people it is okay? right... let's just hope that no one that you know and love will get hit by a car that went through a red light.. cause i think you'll feel different about it.. traffic rules are simple. red is stop, yellow is stop, unless you have no other choice, green is go.. not that hard now is it?. it's people like you that make it difficult, by making their own rules..

and PROPER ENGLISH... dude you are a complete idiot. +@*% happens? call me when you get into a wreck or one of your loved ones did cause someone ran a red light... +@*% doesnt have to happen if some of you had a sense of responsibility.. you think driving a car is a right? you moron, it's a privilege..

all of you are some irresonsible idiots who shouldnt even be driving, think it's some kind of game? not only do you put yourself in danger but you put other innocent people in danger too.. who cares if you wanna die and not follow the rules.. but dont put other people in danger.. lock this thread.. stupid $%% selfish people who have no sense of responsibility
You mad? "Running a red light" doesn't mean that somebody just takes total disregard for traffic laws. A short yellow light could unexpectedly cause somebody to run a red light that normally wouldn't have been red at that time--which accounts for the vast majority of the red light camera tickets given. The lights are usually timed so that there is a delay between one way turning red and the opposite way turning green. So these slight missteps in timing the length of a yellow light aren't putting people in danger.
If it were all people just doing as they pleased and running red lights at will with no regard for anybody's safety, that would be one thing. You seem to just be a prick who likes to pass judgement before considering any facts at all though.
oh really? you are driving through a red light and you are still trying to convice people it is okay? right... let's just hope that no one that you know and love will get hit by a car that went through a red light.. cause i think you'll feel different about it.. traffic rules are simple. red is stop, yellow is stop, unless you have no other choice, green is go.. not that hard now is it?. it's people like you that make it difficult, by making their own rules..

and PROPER ENGLISH... dude you are a complete idiot. +@*% happens? call me when you get into a wreck or one of your loved ones did cause someone ran a red light... +@*% doesnt have to happen if some of you had a sense of responsibility.. you think driving a car is a right? you moron, it's a privilege..

Originally Posted by Regal Black

glad they took the red light cameras down here in Houston. Never been caught by one.
Word is that they were made effective again yesterday. At least that's what I've been hearing through Twitter and word-of-mouth.

Same thing I've been hearing. I heard they weren't supposed to be back on until August 1st, but I still wouldn't take the risk. I hate the feeling of being paranoid after running one.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Regal Black

glad they took the red light cameras down here in Houston. Never been caught by one.
Word is that they were made effective again yesterday. At least that's what I've been hearing through Twitter and word-of-mouth.

Same thing I've been hearing. I heard they weren't supposed to be back on until August 1st, but I still wouldn't take the risk. I hate the feeling of being paranoid after running one.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

i know you can reduce it by going to court...in norcal..i got it reduced to $367...but instead of paying it..i opted for community service as i have no extra $ but i do have time lol

$367 transfers to 37 hours of community service
wait, did you plead guilty? Where was this at? Norcal here as well.
What did you have to do btw?
yeah i plead guilty. san mateo court...i believe san francisco court is appointment based so your going to have to 850 bryant and pick a court date...
san mateo is first come first serve during their open times of trial..

i haven't got the paperwork back yet to start the hours...so im not sure what they'll have me do..it better not be some bs lol

what county did you get caught up in?

Alameda. First come first serve over here as well. I'll attend a court hearing sometime this week then.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

i know you can reduce it by going to court...in norcal..i got it reduced to $367...but instead of paying it..i opted for community service as i have no extra $ but i do have time lol

$367 transfers to 37 hours of community service
wait, did you plead guilty? Where was this at? Norcal here as well.
What did you have to do btw?
yeah i plead guilty. san mateo court...i believe san francisco court is appointment based so your going to have to 850 bryant and pick a court date...
san mateo is first come first serve during their open times of trial..

i haven't got the paperwork back yet to start the hours...so im not sure what they'll have me do..it better not be some bs lol

what county did you get caught up in?

Alameda. First come first serve over here as well. I'll attend a court hearing sometime this week then.

furious1.jpg

furious1.jpg

Originally Posted by size twelve

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Well I see those cameras flashing in NYC almost eveyday when cars pass the red light. In fact even if the light is yellow and the car passes the camera will flash they are tracking down on stuff like this hard.They must be raking in thousands of dollars from people going through the red/yellow light everyday.

thousands?

NYC makes half a BILLION every year from traffic/parking violations. it's part of the budget.

I said they make thousands off of it at least Everyday I wasn't talking about thousands a year lol

Originally Posted by size twelve

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Well I see those cameras flashing in NYC almost eveyday when cars pass the red light. In fact even if the light is yellow and the car passes the camera will flash they are tracking down on stuff like this hard.They must be raking in thousands of dollars from people going through the red/yellow light everyday.

thousands?

NYC makes half a BILLION every year from traffic/parking violations. it's part of the budget.

I said they make thousands off of it at least Everyday I wasn't talking about thousands a year lol

Do you have any reading comprehension skills whatsoever? I have had family hit my red light runners--I have been hit by them, too--never by marginal light runners. It's always by people with reckless disregard for traffic laws. Come down from your high horse. It's people like you--people who find intelligent communication impossible--who make the world difficult by not being able to comprehend a single idea that another person is posing to you.
Yellow means yield, by the way, not stop. Depending on your rate of speed and the distance you are from the intersection, it is actually safer for you to run the light by a fraction of a second than attempt to slam on your breaks and stop before the intersection because you may cause the person behind you to hit you or--more likely than not--you may end up stopped in the middle of the intersection. However, I'm sure since you're an obvious driving expert you have already given those ideas thought before coming down on every other rational driver on here who has had to make a split second decision for the safety of themselves and those around them, right?

Do you have any reading comprehension skills whatsoever? I have had family hit my red light runners--I have been hit by them, too--never by marginal light runners. It's always by people with reckless disregard for traffic laws. Come down from your high horse. It's people like you--people who find intelligent communication impossible--who make the world difficult by not being able to comprehend a single idea that another person is posing to you.
Yellow means yield, by the way, not stop. Depending on your rate of speed and the distance you are from the intersection, it is actually safer for you to run the light by a fraction of a second than attempt to slam on your breaks and stop before the intersection because you may cause the person behind you to hit you or--more likely than not--you may end up stopped in the middle of the intersection. However, I'm sure since you're an obvious driving expert you have already given those ideas thought before coming down on every other rational driver on here who has had to make a split second decision for the safety of themselves and those around them, right?

im no driving expert, but at least im not as dumb as you who has had accidents caused by driving through red lights, yet you still seem to act like driving through a red light is not an issue. shows how intelligent you are. besides, yellow does mean stop. unless you are going too fast or if the person behind you is going too fast. the way you explain it is, green means go, and so does yellow, only you have to look. wrong. yellow means, stop or slow down. not punch it..thinking you'll be able to make it before it turns red. and the way you talk, driving through red doesnt matter right?

trust me, it's not people like me. it's people like you, that cause accidents. to always come up with your own rules while driving. do you feel special or something that other than you everyone else has to follow the rules? the fact that you even argue this, when you know you are wrong, and also to even think it is normal to request a reduction in the ticket you just received by your own stupidity. that's really sad. you make a mistake, run a red light, you should know you'll get a ticket. but then again, you obviously are not intelligent to understand. i bet you are also one of those drivers that even after a couple of drinks, still thinks he can drive like he's sober. that's fine, go do your thing.. you'll learn sooner or later

im no driving expert, but at least im not as dumb as you who has had accidents caused by driving through red lights, yet you still seem to act like driving through a red light is not an issue. shows how intelligent you are. besides, yellow does mean stop. unless you are going too fast or if the person behind you is going too fast. the way you explain it is, green means go, and so does yellow, only you have to look. wrong. yellow means, stop or slow down. not punch it..thinking you'll be able to make it before it turns red. and the way you talk, driving through red doesnt matter right?

trust me, it's not people like me. it's people like you, that cause accidents. to always come up with your own rules while driving. do you feel special or something that other than you everyone else has to follow the rules? the fact that you even argue this, when you know you are wrong, and also to even think it is normal to request a reduction in the ticket you just received by your own stupidity. that's really sad. you make a mistake, run a red light, you should know you'll get a ticket. but then again, you obviously are not intelligent to understand. i bet you are also one of those drivers that even after a couple of drinks, still thinks he can drive like he's sober. that's fine, go do your thing.. you'll learn sooner or later

my boy got a cellphone ticket earlier this year and he went to court, got it reduced, and told the judge he didnt have $$$ to pay it, so he got community service. he worked at the American Legion in san mateo for like 5 days, it was supposed to be like 15hrs of community service (3 hrs each day). i went with him on his last day, and we were there for less than an hour and the lady wrote it off as if he was there the whole time. opt for community service if u can, u wont do the full amount and u dont gotta pay any $$$. all my friend did was sweep up and arrange tables and chairs for a dinner (the time i went with him) it was hella easy and didnt take long.

my boy got a cellphone ticket earlier this year and he went to court, got it reduced, and told the judge he didnt have $$$ to pay it, so he got community service. he worked at the American Legion in san mateo for like 5 days, it was supposed to be like 15hrs of community service (3 hrs each day). i went with him on his last day, and we were there for less than an hour and the lady wrote it off as if he was there the whole time. opt for community service if u can, u wont do the full amount and u dont gotta pay any $$$. all my friend did was sweep up and arrange tables and chairs for a dinner (the time i went with him) it was hella easy and didnt take long.

do you have friends
roll.gif
roll.gif

yellow doesnt mean stop it means warning red about to pop up in a few.
and do you actually think you have time to look behind you and judge the persons speed and than stop. yellow lights are split second decisions. and if the light turns red while you are driving through the intersection smart people made it so there is a gap in time before the other sides light turns green. do you even have your license?
indifferent.gif

do you have friends
roll.gif
roll.gif

yellow doesnt mean stop it means warning red about to pop up in a few.
and do you actually think you have time to look behind you and judge the persons speed and than stop. yellow lights are split second decisions. and if the light turns red while you are driving through the intersection smart people made it so there is a gap in time before the other sides light turns green. do you even have your license?
indifferent.gif

My last red light ticket from San Diego was $560
30t6p3b.gif

i got pics, a video, and URL of the play by play on how I crossed the red light. no way of me fighting it, according to the timer...6 secs has gone by after the light turned red. i spent over $600 because of the traffic school and processing fees.

CA DMV FTL

30t6p3b.gif

i got pics, a video, and URL of the play by play on how I crossed the red light. no way of me fighting it, according to the timer...6 secs has gone by after the light turned red. i spent over $600 because of the traffic school and processing fees.

CA DMV FTL

You obviously don't have ANY reading comprehension skills. I said my loved ones and I have been hit my red-light-running drivers... Not that I have ever hit anybody from doing so. I would repeat myself and explain that I only got tickets from barely catching a split second of a red light from encountering a short yellow light, but I just quoted it above so you can reread it at your convenience.
Do you realize what the word "yield" meant in context of me explaining it as the meaning of a yellow light? That it means to prepare for a red and decide if you can make it or if you should stop? We actually agreed on the meaning of a yellow light, but you labeled at as another "stop" light while I termed it--correctly--as a "yield" light... this, too, makes me question your reading comprehension skills.

Yes, my son, I'm not intelligent enough to understand that I get tickets for running red lights. That's why I'm in law school and graduated college with honors. I get tickets--lots of people do--and I own up to them and pay them or do whatever the punishment may entail. Once again, if you read my replies I never said I look for a way out of my tickets. I like how you assume that I am drunk driver simply because I have received tickets driving while sober... you really don't have many logical thoughts, do you?

Would I be accurate if I guessed that you're between 12-15 years old and have had a bad experience with somebody running a red light and getting into an accident with a loved one of yours?

You obviously don't have ANY reading comprehension skills. I said my loved ones and I have been hit my red-light-running drivers... Not that I have ever hit anybody from doing so. I would repeat myself and explain that I only got tickets from barely catching a split second of a red light from encountering a short yellow light, but I just quoted it above so you can reread it at your convenience.
Do you realize what the word "yield" meant in context of me explaining it as the meaning of a yellow light? That it means to prepare for a red and decide if you can make it or if you should stop? We actually agreed on the meaning of a yellow light, but you labeled at as another "stop" light while I termed it--correctly--as a "yield" light... this, too, makes me question your reading comprehension skills.

Yes, my son, I'm not intelligent enough to understand that I get tickets for running red lights. That's why I'm in law school and graduated college with honors. I get tickets--lots of people do--and I own up to them and pay them or do whatever the punishment may entail. Once again, if you read my replies I never said I look for a way out of my tickets. I like how you assume that I am drunk driver simply because I have received tickets driving while sober... you really don't have many logical thoughts, do you?

Would I be accurate if I guessed that you're between 12-15 years old and have had a bad experience with somebody running a red light and getting into an accident with a loved one of yours?

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

30t6p3b.gif

CA DMV FTL
This. If the red light violation was good enough to send to your door, more often than not it'll be unbeatable... I'm still baffled by them being $5-600 each though. I'm not sure if there's some sort scale (higher fees for people who run later) or if it's just different by city.

Back
Top Bottom