NT I got my (mormon) mission call today! vol. Lets be mature please

Originally Posted by Matt53

Originally Posted by djaward

What do you mean by mission? Sounds like you're going to take out a jehovah witness.. EXPLEAIIN PLEASE>

In a nutshell, I'm going out to teach anyone who WANTS to listen about Christ and his gospel. We don't force no one to listen and just want to spread what we believe

and you have to pay your own way? That's like a reverse Timeshare Disney promotion.

I'm not religious at all, but good for you for sticking with your faith and doing what you believe in.

Getting sent to Pittsburgh though man. That's kind of tough. Pittsburgh is an awful place.

I visited Pittsburgh last year - just for a day but it seems a decent place.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

at you people categorizing all people of one religion.

It is human nature brah
, it is just the way people generally act

if they are really mormons and believe what mormons believe, then why not catergorize them. Some might be cool peeps some might be douche nozzles, but they still are latter day saints. I know many mormons, but I can't get down with what they believe. I say this because most people who are religious never open their mind. They're usually tools, especially mormons. btw christ was a cool cat and what they teach in the bible is good, but to me it's followers are doing it wrong.

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

at you people categorizing all people of one religion.

It is human nature brah
, it is just the way people generally act

if they are really mormons and believe what mormons believe, then why not catergorize them. Some might be cool peeps some might be douche nozzles, but they still are latter day saints. I know many mormons, but I can't get down with what they believe. I say this because most people who are religious never open their mind. They're usually tools, especially mormons. btw christ was a cool cat and what they teach in the bible is good, but to me it's followers are doing it wrong.

95 percent of people I know are mormons (no joke). And I have run into all diff types. Some of my most down dudes are active mormons. Some of these families are the nicest and most giving people ever. But at the same time, I have met and delt with plenty of closed minded tool-like mormons. Like, the ignorance is bad that I can't even hold a grown up convo with them. But with that being said, I have ran into similar situations with people of every background.

Oh and you're right, followers really are doing it wrong

a couple of my boys are mormons...one went to South Africa and his brothers went to Argentina and Florida...one of my other boys is in Fiji right now...

Haha i'm not from Utah i'm in Oregon
laugh.gif

And i'd take pittsburgh over idaho or nebraska or something any day lol

And no i'm not getting paid, i pay my way through it

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by djaward

What do you mean by mission? Sounds like you're going to take out a jehovah witness.. EXPLEAIIN PLEASE>

In a nutshell, I'm going out to teach anyone who WANTS to listen about Christ and his gospel. We don't force no one to listen and just want to spread what we believe

and you have to pay your own way? That's like a reverse Timeshare Disney promotion.
laugh.gif

Congratulations. One of my best friend's is Mormon and his mission was in Detroit, Michigan. He told me some wild stories of his TWO YEARS there! He definitely credits it to him becoming a better person and becoming more knowledgeable.

Well, I hope you enjoy it.

Had a teammate in High School who was unfortunate enough to be sent to somewhere that exposed him to radiation and had his hair falling out.

Made for a long couple of years.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Sending you to Pittsburgh? Ouch

My friend from high school went to Paris for 2 years.

Good luck.

laugh.gif
I'd be hot if I coulda gone to Paris and got sent to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is the source of all things boring and evil.

I'm from Cleveland BTW
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Sending you to Pittsburgh? Ouch

My friend from high school went to Paris for 2 years.

Good luck.

laugh.gif
I'd be hot if I coulda gone to Paris and got sent to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is the source of all things boring and evil.

I'm from Cleveland BTW
tongue.gif
couldnt be worse than Cleveland, nothing but crippling depression like that commercial said.

I'm from Cleveland too btw..

I didn't know they sent you to random cities in the US. The only Mormons I know went to different countries for their missions.

You'll love Pittsburgh. I was raised there and it's great. I'm in Jersey now but I miss it!

Hit me up and I'll tell you where to go when you get thereeee!

Where in Oregon are you at? I grew up in Portland and I've never known a Mormon in my life.

Good luck proselytizing.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

You'll love Pittsburgh. I was raised there and it's great. I'm in Jersey now but I miss it!

Girl he ain't going out
laugh.gif
. They have specific areas and they are going door to door 6 days a week for two years
laugh.gif

Congrats man. my cousin is in Oregon right now serving. Dont get fat though, that mission weight is no joke. My brother gained 50 lbs in Hawaii. Came back like 7 years ago and hasnt lost it. We have a ton of family in hawaii though so he ate well. 2 years is a long time man, but my cousin is almost half way done, it seems to move fast for those not serving. ha ha

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

Girl he ain't going out
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Dude is Mormon. It's not like he's going out clubbing every weekend.

I hear Pittsburgh is actually pretty cool, though, especially for college-aged people who can drink and don't have a 10 o'clock curfew. For a while I thought about applying to law school there but decided to stay in CA.

I just saw the 2 Mormon missionaries sent to my town like 2 hours ago. Dude's were chillin by the Plaid Pantry store in their shirts and ties looking mad uncomfortable around the Latinos, skaters and druggies
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom