NT is Slumdog Millionaire really that damn good?

Originally Posted by CuriousGeorg3

iit good but I dont think 8 oscar including best picture good.

reminded me of "city of god" + "forest gump" mixed into one

this man is dead on

Prolly doesn't matter now, but i'd buy. Not the spectacle the world made it out to be, but it's a good film.

I liked it and like someone else said, I have watched it more than once. I watch it at work when I get bored. Only thing I still don't get is the blue kid(I know, he's supposed to be Rama or something) when the guys were coming in to kill everyone. I thought he was like a symbolic hallucination, but it'sclear they both see him. So what is he, and who is he with, the guys coming in to kill all of them or the people being invaded?

And at what point did Jamal and Saliim get separated, it seems at that part where he kicks him out the room so he can smash Latika.

And in an even more perfect, more fairy tale world, dude wouldn't have died at the end

I think it was good but not great. I don't think it was great storytelling either with the exaggerated and unrealistic luck dude had.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I liked it and like someone else said, I have watched it more than once. I watch it at work when I get bored. Only thing I still don't get is the blue kid (I know, he's supposed to be Rama or something) when the guys were coming in to kill everyone. I thought he was like a symbolic hallucination, but it's clear they both see him. So what is he, and who is he with, the guys coming in to kill all of them or the people being invaded?

And at what point did Jamal and Saliim get separated, it seems at that part where he kicks him out the room so he can smash Latika.

And in an even more perfect, more fairy tale world, dude wouldn't have died at the end

just some kid in blue make up, prolly for some festival or something.

Still salty this won Best Picture over Benjamin Button
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

smh.gif

You're crazy. Benjamin Button was definitely the worst of the 5 nominees. A movie that tried to be something and ended up being about nothing. There was NOplot.

I enjoyed Slumdog. And even much more so the 2nd time watching it.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

smh.gif

You're crazy. Benjamin Button was definitely the worst of the 5 nominees. A movie that tried to be something and ended up being about nothing. There was NO plot.

I enjoyed Slumdog. And even much more so the 2nd time watching it.
The essence of time went right over your head. Unlike all the Oscar movies, Benjamin Button fresh theme.

I thought it was a good movie, I just don't think it has a lot of replay value. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom