NT!! ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

Get your life together
Illmatic is the essence of hip hop

Stop listening to that ratchet Molly turn up music and K-Camp and appreciate the roads that our forefathers laid for us to walk on.

Illmatic is the Declaration of Independence of hip hop. Listen to it and free yourself from the mental slavery that 2chainz has put you in

Bigger Stan than Stan ever was if srs.

Jay stans :smh:

Man I'm a fan of a HUGE fan of Jay but some of y'all dudes are on some sick stan **** for real.

Jay got worked on Renegade, stop frontin.

Illmatic is a classic Period!

How we talkin like Illmatic ain't that nice and Jay is the God and blah blah blah when the MAN (Jay Z) himself WENT ALL the way down to Coachella to ROCK with Nas cause he KNEW how dope, huge, big, epic, classic Illmatic is. Some of you dudes are silly. If Jay heard y'all talkin this craziness he'd probably slap you stans himself. Although i'm sure some of you would probably like it and think your life is complete now.

Jay stans say the most outlandish **** EVER. Up there with Kanye STANS

Actually I dont know which is worse.

When they both get going :x

Jay stans :smh:

How we talkin like Illmatic ain't that nice and Jay is the God and blah blah blah when the MAN (Jay Z) himself WENT ALL the way down to Coachella to ROCK with Nas cause he KNEW how dope, huge, big, epic, classic Illmatic is.

Exactly
Jay Z is like that thirsty thot in the club trying to slither her way onto someone's table just so she can be on and drink some premium liquor and be in some real ****** presence

Jay Z =\= real *****
Nas = real *****

Jay Z wants to be around Nas in hopes of him soaking up some of his excess real *****-ness

Nas put Jay Z on. He was getting chased to his building calling Nas crib. (and he ain't even give him his number)

Exactly
Jay Z is like that thirsty thot in the club trying to slither her way onto someone's table just so she can be on and drink some premium liquor and be in some real ****** presence

Jay Z =\= real *****
Nas = real *****

Jay Z wants to be around Nas in hopes of him soaking up some of his excess real *****-ness

Nas put Jay Z on. He was getting chased to his building calling Nas crib. (and he ain't even give him his number)

Nas had to sign with jay, nas was desperate hell he was about to sign with ja rule

Jay gave nas life when people were forgetting he emcee

Exactly

Jay Z =\= real *****
Nas = real *****

Nas had to sign with jay, nas was desperate hell he was about to sign with ja rule

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'ma fan of BOTH so i appreciate these clever replies using both artists' lyrics LMAO! Well played guys.

Get your life together
Illmatic is the essence of hip hop

Stop listening to that ratchet Molly turn up music and K-Camp and appreciate the roads that our forefathers laid for us to walk on.

Illmatic is the Declaration of Independence of hip hop. Listen to it and free yourself from the mental slavery that 2chainz has put you in
Exactly

Jay Z =\= real *****
Nas = real *****

Get help immediately champ. 

Now Renegade is being mentioned
laugh.gif
. Thread is a mess
Thread was perfectly fine before Jay Z was ever mentioned.

Cats saying Jayz has no lyrical talent are dense.

'Dope boy still smelling like cocaini
White rob, white boat can he be more cleaner
The oil spill that Bp ain't clean up'

Translation
I came from the block, selling rocks, now I'm living that good life sailing. I'm resource they tried to contain, but I spilled out, dirtying their world and they can't 'clean' me up

'Only Christopher we acknowledge is Wallace,
I don't even like washingtons in my pocket
Black card go hard when I'm shopping'

I don't mess with Christopher Columbus, I don't like having slave owner trading cards in my pocket, I prefer using this exclusive card that reminds everyone that a I'm a black male with access and ability Im not suppose to have.

'Do u dudes listen to music or do you just skim through it'

If you listen, the metaphors are still there, the meaning is there. But most dudes have become numb to the money talk by these lesser rappers, that unless its spoon feed to them, with words and themes that they recognize as 'smart' than they won't delve into complexities of the metaphors because 'he's just talking about money' but TO ME, I hear so much more, I hear a kid from Brooklyn that used to move rocks, converted that into an empire, still being discriminated against (albeit in a much more subtle way than most folks would recognize) and telling the world 'f you, imma always be me, I ain't changing for YOU'RE reasons, ill change for myself if I feel it's necessary,

Now, some songs are just him having fun(****** in Paris) which are just fun songs.

Take off you're hater cap and try to find meaning, don't have to try hard because to any reasonably intellegent person can see it.

That being said, I think Jay is a great musicisn(a person who makes music) he outshines most lyrically, which is a huge part of music to me. At that level I can't decide who is 'better' than who, is Micheal better than Cash? is Ray Charles better than the Beetles? Nirvana better than Kirk Franklin? Above my pay grade to make that call.

That's not even it, Em murdered Jay-L on that record and he can still murder him today

Jay-L doesn't even have his own style.
Canibus can eat this ***** yo
Canibus > Jay L

:lol: 99% of canibus fans don't exist, are you that other 1%

Lol at you guys bringing up immortal technique and canibus, that's like admitting defeat

Last edited:
Cats saying Jayz has no lyrical talent are dense.

'Dope boy still smelling like cocaini
White rob, white boat can he be more cleaner
The oil spill that Bp ain't clean up'

Translation
I came from the block, selling rocks, now I'm living that good life sailing. I'm resource they tried to contain, but I spilled out, dirtying their world and they can't 'clean' me up

'Only Christopher we acknowledge is Wallace,
I don't even like washingtons in my pocket
Black card go hard when I'm shopping'

I don't mess with Christopher Columbus, I don't like having slave owner trading cards in my pocket, I prefer using this exclusive card that reminds everyone that a I'm a black male with access and ability Im not suppose to have.

'Do u dudes listen to music or do you just skim through it'

If you listen, the metaphors are still there, the meaning is there. But most dudes have become numb to the money talk by these lesser rappers, that unless its spoon feed to them, with words and themes that they recognize as 'smart' than they won't delve into complexities of the metaphors because 'he's just talking about money' but TO ME, I hear so much more, I hear a kid from Brooklyn that used to move rocks, converted that into an empire, still being discriminated against (albeit in a much more subtle way than most folks would recognize) and telling the world 'f you, imma always be me, I ain't changing for YOU'RE reasons, ill change for myself if I feel it's necessary,

Now, some songs are just him having fun(****** in Paris) which are just fun songs.

Take off you're hater cap and try to find meaning, don't have to try hard because to any reasonably intellegent person can see it.

That being said, I think Jay is a great musicisn(a person who makes music) he outshines most lyrically, which is a huge part of music to me. At that level I can't decide who is 'better' than who, is Micheal better than Cash? is Ray Charles better than the Beetles? Nirvana better than Kirk Franklin? Above my pay grade to make that call.

NAS+GIF.gif

People try so hard on NT smh.

It really shows in threads like this.

We're all joking, I don't anyone is really serious :lol:

Joking, huh.

This is why people hate the music forum.

Maybe because I'm really looking forward to this documentary.

Maybe I am a fan of Nas AND Jay and see both dudes as being on the EXACT same level. They're two sides of the same coin.

Or maybe because this seems to happen in the majority of threads on NT nowadays.

But it's old. And it's not all that funny. And it's just annoying to sort through if I want any actual information out of these threads.

Last edited:
Joking, huh.

Yep, and you shouldn't take it to serious, I have never been on any music forum where a jay-z and nas thread was all positive

But this is not a Jay-Z and Nas thread.

This is a Nas thread.

Hell, it's barely that. It's a movie thread, about a documentary about Nas.

Yet no one in here is talking about documentaries. No one's talking about documentaries about Rap albums, and no one's talking about Nas other than to say that he's either way worse than Jay or way better. Where he ranks in relation to that man has literally NOTHING to do with the topic at hand, and thanks to the derailment I now have to just avoid this thread if I want any actual information about this documentary.

But this is not a Jay-Z and Nas thread.

This is a Nas thread.

Hell, it's barely that. It's a movie thread, about a documentary about Nas.

Yet no one in here is talking about documentaries. No one's talking about documentaries about Rap albums, and no one's talking about Nas other than to say that he's either way worse than Jay or way better. Where he ranks in relation to that man has literally NOTHING to do with the topic at hand, and thanks to the derailment I now have to just avoid this thread if I want any actual information about this documentary.
bro... Threads evolve and cover many topics. You know that

You been on NT a long time, you know damn well if you see jayz or nas in thread title what's gonna happen before we even get halfway down the first page :lol:

Back
Top Bottom