NT, let us talk about Phoenix, Arizona. fun in the sun?

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by LTDtruth

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Not even close to being true. I could see if you said Phoenix and even that would be a major stretch. That being said I've always loved Arizona. Came very close to going to UofA for law school.
How is that not true?  It has the same array of restaurants, shopping, nightlife, living accommodations, etc...
Edit: And UofA is in Tucson, which is nothing like Scottsdale.
Notice I said I love ARIZONA. Clearly I know UofA is in Tuscon if I considered going there.

New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Scottsdale. Which of these does not belong?
Notice I said Scottsdale has "just about" everything other cities have to offer.  I'm not delusional trying to say Scottsdale is as much of an attraction as NYC or anything, I'm saying that as a place to live, it has just about anything a person could want, or myself at least 
happy.gif
As for OP, if you have a job opportunity in the area that is promising and beneficial to you and your career I would definitely take it.  In addition, I would find it hard to believe that you don't like being in Scottsdale.  Just like with many other things, it is what you make it.

laugh.gif
 my dad is really selling this place to me like its NYC or something.. im going to scope the PHX/Scotts area in a couple of weeks. Will update this thread itnf. 
thanks for the info, LTD. 

laugh.gif
 my dad is really selling this place to me like its NYC or something.. im going to scope the PHX/Scotts area in a couple of weeks. Will update this thread itnf. 
thanks for the info, LTD. 

so um.. why are houses so dirt cheap around the SPHX/Laveen area?.. im talking about a 4br, 3bath, 2500sq ft single home for under $100k.. in contrast, a modest 1500sq ft in the Scottsdale area can go upwards of $350k+
is it really that bad down there? 
nerd.gif

so um.. why are houses so dirt cheap around the SPHX/Laveen area?.. im talking about a 4br, 3bath, 2500sq ft single home for under $100k.. in contrast, a modest 1500sq ft in the Scottsdale area can go upwards of $350k+
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

nerd.gif
look around desert ridge area.  great area w/all the foodie and chill spots.  next door is city north that has bars and decent night life on weekends (blue martini, oceans, etc). plus we can hang! 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

nerd.gif
look around desert ridge area.  great area w/all the foodie and chill spots.  next door is city north that has bars and decent night life on weekends (blue martini, oceans, etc). plus we can hang! 
smile.gif

Cost of living in Phoenix is Great.  Lots of cultural things go on in Scottsdale and Phoenix.  Depending on your politics, it might not be the place for you because it is rather conservative.  If you are conservative, then it will be good.  Summers are dreadful until about October.  Between October and April you get great weather.  Scottsdale is very trendy, lots of clubs, etc.  There are many great places to eat.  
Send me a PM if you have other questions.

Cost of living in Phoenix is Great.  Lots of cultural things go on in Scottsdale and Phoenix.  Depending on your politics, it might not be the place for you because it is rather conservative.  If you are conservative, then it will be good.  Summers are dreadful until about October.  Between October and April you get great weather.  Scottsdale is very trendy, lots of clubs, etc.  There are many great places to eat.  

Originally Posted by SneakerLaw

my inbox isnt working for some reason.
tired.gif
   hit me on AIM (jaybatasi) or twitter DM (sig)
lokiD40 - word, i was there over the weekend w/ my sis (our dad live in Scottsdale).. ate at RA sushi, & some latin spot called Desseo.. cool area indeed.

Wavey, you go to UofA?

Originally Posted by SneakerLaw

my inbox isnt working for some reason.
tired.gif
   hit me on AIM (jaybatasi) or twitter DM (sig)
lokiD40 - word, i was there over the weekend w/ my sis (our dad live in Scottsdale).. ate at RA sushi, & some latin spot called Desseo.. cool area indeed.

Wavey, you go to UofA?

arizona is full of foreclosures isnt it?
i wouldnt wanna live there

way too hot and scorpions.

arizona is full of foreclosures isnt it?
i wouldnt wanna live there

way too hot and scorpions.

Ive lived in Tucson for about 10 years and stayed in pheonix for a couple summers. I hate it so much. 110° weather, no night life, nothing to do in general, 110° weather.... But, the females are dimes and the food is all on point.

Ive lived in Tucson for about 10 years and stayed in pheonix for a couple summers. I hate it so much. 110° weather, no night life, nothing to do in general, 110° weather.... But, the females are dimes and the food is all on point.

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

tempe nightlife.. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

south mtn MTB. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

tempe nightlife.. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

south mtn MTB. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom