NT MLB Redraft Thread: May standings posted!

They use Baseball Reference WAR which is kinda flawed. They used a few assumed number instead of hard numbers and they don't factor in park adjustments or opposition faced which Fangraphs does. FG also uses a better defensive metric.

^
I noticed that before we started this draft.
I actually use a combination ESPN, fangraph, & MLB the show player rating....even then it's all sketchy, numbers and rankings are all different across the boards.

I'm just taking this as an experiment in small ball

Shocked Waino lasted to R2, that's a travesty. Wish Be Easy and I swapped pick order. Waino and Harvey could be > Darvish and my second pick.

Is there a breakdown somewhere of what different sets of data the sites use, and why?

Like, I noticed Trout is the same for both. 6.1 both sites.

But I saw another guy that was a good 2 points different, and I was like?????

^
Cause when you do a 30 team fantasy draft and you don't snake it, you'll end up with a loaded front end and crappy bottom half.

why are we using a snake format? real drafts don't do that 
indifferent.gif

damn. didn't think i needed my flame suit on 
laugh.gif

just didn't see it anywhere that it would be a snake format. just salty cause i was ready to make my next pick 

If this draft was not a snake order, and my pick was 20 or below, I wouldnt participate.  LOL.  Just wouldnt be fair.

My twitter handle: @PaulIsOnTilt

I barely check twitter, but I wanted to add it in there...

Still best ways to contact me:
1) PM (since I get email notifications)
2) Text (a few have my number)
3) Twitter

It's like you and me have the opposite game plan CP. Nice choice with your pitchers so far. Shame my fantasy team sucked from the get go. Richards was a nice pickup.

Last edited:
I've wavered a little from where I wanted to go, but I think when it's all done, my plan will be pretty different from others. :lol:

But I wanted Lester really bad. I had Richards and another guy as my fall backs, but Lester was my round 2 target. Autopick. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom