NT MLB Redraft Thread: May standings posted!

That Belichik playbook
He's videoing things? 
nerd.gif

Remembering that time you all laughed at me for trying to draft Donaldson late into the draft :lol: :smh: .

I'm down to re-re-draft whenver ya all want to.

Last edited:
Spring Training is here. The Show comes out March 29th. Let's get this going again.

SP - Jose Fernandez
SP - Jonathan Niese
SP - Brandon McCarthy
SP - Archie Bradley
SP - John Danks
RP - Latroy Hawkins
RP - Brandon League
RP - Adam Ottavino
RP - Zach McAllister
RP - Alfredo Aceves
RP - Ross Detwiler
CP - David Robertson
C - Francisco Cervelli
1B - Prince Fielder
2B - Martin Prado
3B - Colin Moran
SS - Jhonny Peralta
OF - Jacoby Ellsbury
OF - Bryan Buxton
OF - Steve Pearce
DH - Jordan Schaefer
Bench - Sean Rodriguez
Bench - Hank Conger
Bench - Elian Herrera
Bench - Jose Tabata

My team :x .

Plot twist - We do this re-re-redraft and instead of The Show 16 we apply it to a Fantasy league with some rules in terms of drops/trades.

Works for me. Let's get it done!

I almost want to say NO trades or add/drops like we did for the original re-draft in the Show, but it may get messy and not as fun to follow. Then again, it would be real-life stats as opposed to simulated video game.

I would prefer we run a video game simulation to a fantasy simulation personally for the following reasons:
  • A good fantasy team does not always equate to a good actual team, and visa versa.
  • Middle relievers are useless in fantasy, and extremely important in actual baseball.
  • Having players who play strong defense are useless in fantasy.  I am looking at you Jason Heyward!  (sorry @CP1708, its the truth)
  • Positions are important in real baseball and not in fantasy.
Those are things that are above and beyond the fact that running a fantasy league is exponentially harder to run than letting a video game operating system do it for you.  (i.e. A player gets hurt in video games, and that player is replaced by a bench player.  A player gets hurt in fantasy, you have to manually put in a replacement.)  Also, I dont like the fact that there will be any add/drops  or trades at all.  Would require a ton of patience and time allocated to doing this after the draft has been completed.  Not sure everyone is down for that

Anyway @macbk, if you want to run a fantasy league, be my guest.  Just wanted to offer a devils advocate type of perspective.  I am in regardless.

I built my entire team around defense, best one in the ReDraft. So I know fantasy value isn't ****

If you want to do fantasy stuff, then draft a fantasy team in a fantasy league 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom