**NT Motorcycle Owners please enter** Vol. good beginner bike?

I think I'm gonna go to the DMV tomorrow morning to get my motorcycle permit and signing up for that 2 day road test exemption course before the summercomes around. Where can I find more info on motorcycles and different bikes and prices?

i am gonna take my permit test soon, i want to get a naked frame sv650. you got me thinking about the new ninja 250 though... everyone at my work rides so iam gonna have to drag one of those dudes bike shopping and have them show me how to ride one.
laugh.gif

I personally don't think buying a new 250 Ninja is a good idea/investment. I learned on my friend's bikes- first time out was on a 600, then rode myfriend's 800 Interceptor. I rode each bike once, then went out and bought a brand new '04 R6. Picked it up and rode it home. Been riding since '04,put close to 6K on the bike, and haven't been down (yet). I think 600's are perfect for a beginner bike, and you won't have to upgrade so quickly.I think you'll have a hard time selling the 250 later on.

i doubt you would have a hard time selling a ninja 250 (at least here), but i dont want a new bike because i hear the first scheduled maintenance after breakin cost like a stack. i just want something i can cruise around on and have fun with so i am going for the sv650 if i can find one thats not beat to hell fromthe track.

^wouldn't change a thing on that bike and I would have a matching flat black helmet
pimp.gif

I started last summer and the best starter bike for me was the Suzuki SV 650. It's not a sport bike, but everyone told me how forgiving it was. I alsolike the fact that I don't have to crouch down. This summer I am going to a Monster Ducati (haven't figured out the size just yet). If you want tostart on a sport I think the 250 is a pretty safe bet. However, if you have any balls you'll get sick of it after a month or so. And Honda CBRs are niceand wide, and easier to control. But, personally I am Suzuki all day all night.

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

I started last summer and the best starter bike for me was the Suzuki SV 650. It's not a sport bike, but everyone told me how forgiving it was. I also like the fact that I don't have to crouch down. This summer I am going to a Monster Ducati (haven't figured out the size just yet). If you want to start on a sport I think the 250 is a pretty safe bet. However, if you have any balls you'll get sick of it after a month or so. And Honda CBRs are nice and wide, and easier to control. But, personally I am Suzuki all day all night.

yo, thats what i am looking at right now. i've heard from a few people they are good starter bikes. would you recommend one?

i have a question...

so a 250cc for a ''perm'' bike would be a bad idea? these bikes look so sick, but the way yall talk about it, seems like there only good for anew drivers.

im lookin for a bike too..

but im gonna wait til i get back to CA to practice with my cuzzos

250cc is a good bike to begin with because you need to get used to the power of a bike. Getting a big bike can overwhelm a beginner. You can find yourselfgoing too fast entering a turn and crashing. Trust me, you'll want to move up from a 250cc once you are comfortable. I had my 600cc for a few months andwanted a bigger bike already. It all depends on you though and what you want out of it.

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

i have a question...

so a 250cc for a ''perm'' bike would be a bad idea? these bikes look so sick, but the way yall talk about it, seems like there only good for a new drivers.
You can have a bike for as long as you want. I have a friend that has been riding for years (he rides a 650 GSXR most of the time) and last week hepicked up a 250 cause he loved the ride so much, sometimes a big, beefy, powerful bikes isn't all that matters in a bike, I look at is "Hey, yourriding, sweet!"

How much am I looking at to get a kawasaki 250r painted matte black?

Whats the life span (mileage wise) on a 250r?

In regards to the 250 stuff. Plain and simple. A skilled rider can do anything on a 250 or 600 that a liter bike (1000cc) can do except go fast in a straightline. I can put it on one and hit the twisties with any bike. It all depends on the rider. But the fact of the matter is that a 250 is limiting yourself tojust that. 250. but No one and i mean no one is using there bikes full potential on the street so its how you feel on the bike. so buy what you want when youwant But to be dead honest. We ride deep about 15 to 20 homies every weekend and not one single person would be caught dead on a 250. Its a squid bike to bereal about it. If these little 100 pound girls are riding and feel comfortable on a 1300cc busa then im sure you can rock a 600.

not one single person would be caught dead on a 250
for real...I really don't need more bike than my R6 as I'm not a good enough rider to take it to it's limits, but it's awkward tobe sittin' at a light and have a chick pull up next to you on a 954, imagine that happening and you're on a 250, oh man...

damn..that's a sick helmet.
I don't think I'd ever wear it...but pretty sick.

ps.
Its a squid bike to be real about it.
sorry...I beg to differ..

a newb on a 1000cc is a squid bike.
a 250 is the least squid bike there is.

whatever, i'd rock a 250 for a season and sell it and not give a damn what anyone thought.

i've actually been reading alot about them since last night, i cant find any used sv650's worth the price around here so i am seriously thinking aboutgetting a baby ninja. if they have any black ones in the dealership 2 months from now i might just pull the trigger.

I had a 2004 r6, first bike. Loved it, it was all I really wanted + needed in a bike.

Then I rode a r1. Then, my bike was wrecked. Guess what I am lookin at now?

Back
Top Bottom