NT: Official Personal Finances Thread

About to purchase my 3rd property. Wish I got into commercial instead of residential.
Congrats, scoop up some milti's bruh. Commercial (residential) properties is considered to be any property over 4 units.

@Based Mod
laugh.gif
yeah man just out here trying to push it.

@girlslovewaffles Right now I'm an overseas contractor , I'll be doing this for 3 years . I graduated with a BS in Comp Science and worked as a Software Engineer for 2 years. I'm into tech and real estate currently have an app and 1 property , going to start an amazon fba private label business next year.

Last edited:
Well aware, looking to purchase something in the next yr, 8 units in DC.

Upkeep has been significantly low so far for me.

Congrats, scoop up some milti's bruh. Commercial (residential) properties is considered to be any property over 4 units.

@Based Mod
laugh.gif
yeah man just out here trying to push it.

@girlslovewaffles Right now I'm an overseas contractor , I'll be doing this for 3 years . I graduated with a BS in Comp Science and worked as a Software Engineer for 2 years. I'm into tech and real estate currently have an app and 1 property , going to start an amazon fba private label business next year.
Don't forget about crypto

Well aware, looking to purchase something in the next yr, 8 units in DC.

Upkeep has been significantly low so far for me.
The 4 units being considered commercial wasn't directed towards you . It's to the other people in here who don't know .

Goodluck on the 8 units, we are tryna snatch up some units in SE .

The 4 units being considered commercial wasn't directed towards you . It's to the other people in here who don't know .

Goodluck on the 8 units, we are tryna snatch up some units in SE .

What part of Se? I personally would stick to larger cities, millennials are all in major cities.

First property was in SF and is the best move I could have ever made.

My buddy owns like 30 houses in Oklahoma and wishes he went Commercial to begin with.

What part of Se? I personally would stick to larger cities, millennials are all in major cities.

First property was in SF and is the best move I could have ever made.

My buddy owns like 30 houses in Oklahoma and wishes he went Commercial to begin with.
Larger cities? I'm talking abut SE DC

Yeah man way easier to scale with multi's and imo its better to have a building that is atleast always 80% occupied . It's 1 and done with single family.

Last edited:
Ahh man you know I live in Switzerland bro. But yeah will be buying in DC, Georgetown area probably.
Bruh wholetime I thought you lived in cali
laugh.gif
. Snap is out there in Switzerland or you switched?

Is SE short for Switzerland?

Ahh Georgetown , company is paying you very well
pimp.gif

Bruh wholetime I thought you lived in cali :lol: . Snap is out there in Switzerland or you switched?
Is SE short for Switzerland?

Ahh Georgetown , company is paying you very well :pimp:

Just moved out here from Santa Monica! The girls out here are [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Seeking some financial advice.

I have a lump some of money just sitting in a regular Chase savings account.  I'm contributing a decent amount to it each month.  This is aside from my 401k and emergency saving funds.

Just seeing what route to go and put this money in to watch it grow while still contributing.

Savings account or CD?

And as far as savings accounts, which do you recommend.  I've seen Barclays and Ally being recommended.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Seeking some financial advice.

I have a lump some of money just sitting in a regular Chase savings account.  I'm contributing a decent amount to it each month.  This is aside from my 401k and emergency saving funds.

Just seeing what route to go and put this money in to watch it grow while still contributing.

Savings account or CD?

And as far as savings accounts, which do you recommend.  I've seen Barclays and Ally being recommended.

Thanks in advance for any input.

IRA

Yea if you don't need this cash to be liquid, then an IRA is the way to go.

Savings accounts and CDs are useless

Hey everyone!
First time posting in this thread. Always saw it floating around but never took the initiative to jump in and read up.
I am going into my second year of college (19) and wanted to take the first step in learning about Finance and Investing.
As of now my tentative major is Finance (but I haven't taken any classes relating to Finance yet).
However, I am still very much so in the beginning stage and don't really have the foundation yet to get the ball rolling.
Lot of folks told me to read books like the Intelligent Investor and watch channels like CNBC to get a better idea.
I just wanted to ask you all how did you guys get started in learning about all of this? I know many people say to read/google up and learn by doing.
Wanted to hear your guys' approach!

I learned from MMM blog , JL Collins Stock Series, The Mad Fientist blog , Rich Dad Poor Dad , The Millionaire Fastlane ( Unscripted is better , but read both) , Google, and personal experiences.

Hey everyone!
First time posting in this thread. Always saw it floating around but never took the initiative to jump in and read up.
I am going into my second year of college (19) and wanted to take the first step in learning about Finance and Investing.
As of now my tentative major is Finance (but I haven't taken any classes relating to Finance yet).
However, I am still very much so in the beginning stage and don't really have the foundation yet to get the ball rolling.
Lot of folks told me to read books like the Intelligent Investor and watch channels like CNBC to get a better idea.
I just wanted to ask you all how did you guys get started in learning about all of this? I know many people say to read/google up and learn by doing.
Wanted to hear your guys' approach!
Curious to see what you get out of The Intelligent Investor, it gets pretty granular at times.

I'd throw Rich Dad Poor Dad in there too as well as A Random Walk Down Wall Street. This book removes a lot of the technical terminology that a novice wouldn't understand, which I think is the most important thing.

I learned from MMM blog , JL Collins Stock Series, The Mad Fientist blog , Rich Dad Poor Dad , The Millionaire Fastlane ( Unscripted is better , but read both) , Google, and personal experiences.

Thanks for the info!
I'll definitely have to check some of those out. I think the problem for me is I'm still on a super basic level which makes it harder to jump into certain books/blogs which are more advanced.

Curious to see what you get out of The Intelligent Investor, it gets pretty granular at times.

I'd throw Rich Dad Poor Dad in there too as well as A Random Walk Down Wall Street. This book removes a lot of the technical terminology that a novice wouldn't understand, which I think is the most important thing.

Still waiting on The Intelligent Investor to get off of hold from my local library so I can read it haha.
Okay cool, I'll look into those! Definetely good that it removes a lot of the technical terminology as I'm a novice.

Thanks for the info!
I'll definitely have to check some of those out. I think the problem for me is I'm still on a super basic level which makes it harder to jump into certain books/blogs which are more advanced.

Still waiting on The Intelligent Investor to get off of hold from my local library so I can read it haha.
Okay cool, I'll look into those! Definetely good that it removes a lot of the technical terminology as I'm a novice.
The Getting Started section of Investor Junkie is cool too in terms of giving a simplified overall picture of it.

debating to pull 350k worth of current equity out of my home to purchase an investment property... any tips on how to go about this? my brother in law currently does it but there seems to be a ton of knowledge in this thread also!

Back
Top Bottom