NT: Official Personal Finances Thread

About 6-7 months ago I opened a new bank account to get a $350 bonus, and moved the money directly into a 12 month CD to earn the higher interest.
I want to do it again, but having a hard time finding that double dip (bonus and then move to CD). For example Capital One has great CD rates, and a new account bonus but I can't move it into a CD, I'd need to leave it in the checking or savings account. Keep getting stuck in these money blogger rabbit holes......... anyone know an offer for what im looking for?

Why not just take the bonus and then move it to an online high yield savings? Will there be that much of a delta between the online savings and the CD yield? Better than doing nothing at all

Why not just take the bonus and then move it to an online high yield savings? Will there be that much of a delta between the online savings and the CD yield? Better than doing nothing at all

High yield savings account?Like a 2+%? I’d do that, need to find that though

No what I’m saying is I want to double dip- get the new account bonus, usually 250-350 or so, and get the high yield. Not just the savings account without the bonus. I did it with hsbc $350, and put my initial deposit into a 12 month cd. Wanted to do another

Have you done Chase? I keep getting offers for $600 when I open a checking and savings. Not sure if it's high yield, though.

High yield savings can no doubt be a smart play. Do you guys do that in addition to stock investments, or is that what you're doing with most of your money? I've never done high yield savings. I've stuck with my stock accounts.

Also do both. Ideal scenario for me is a 3:1 ratio of markets vs cash though. I'm young enough to withstand market vol so I rather load up there. Only exception is when my emergency fund dips drastically below my target number

Are these startup apps like Clarity Money, Mint, Qapital, Digit, etc gimmicks or legit? Which is the best of the best?

I just bumped up my 403b to 12%. No matching at my organization but I have pension plan that I do not have to contribute to. Aiming to retire at 55.

Need to buy a condo/home in the near future though. Homes are crazy expensive here in California.

I just bumped up my 403b to 12%. No matching at my organization but I have pension plan that I do not have to contribute to. Aiming to retire at 55.

Need to buy a condo/home in the near future though. Homes are crazy expensive here in California.

If you’re in the Bay, I’d buy asap. Only going up.

The 10year-3month treasury yield spread has been in the negative % for 8 days in a row now... The last time when it was negative for 10 days in a row, the housing crash happened 19 months after those dates.

the 10-2years treasury yield spread hasnt hit the negatives yet though... lowest point was like 9 days ago tho at like 0.16% i think

Got annoyed with my student loan while trying to check my balance . Opted to pay the full amount off from how frustrated I got.
Short term it hurt me taking that money from my savings, I know long term it was the right choice.
Hope my credit score doesn’t dip too much
Looking to get a new car soon.

I have about 36k in retirement of which 24k is in a traditional 401k.

How do i convert the 401k into a Roth 401k now while I'm in a lower tax bracket?

I did some research and it was suggested to have a financial advisor handle it.

I have about 36k in retirement of which 24k is in a traditional 401k.

How do i convert the 401k into a Roth 401k now while I'm in a lower tax bracket?

I did some research and it was suggested to have a financial advisor handle it.
Your HR department should be able to help as well

Silly question, but is there an app where you can list out your subscription services in a way in which you are alerted what date to expect your auto-pay to be taken out? Spotify, etc.

Back
Top Bottom