NT Real Relationship Talk Vol. I Cant Change Who I Am.

Welcome to being married. Worst mistake you can make is to try to argue with her. I spent my first year of marriage arguing with my wife and just getting moreangry and frustrated in the process. Reason being: men argue to solve the problem. Women argue to win the arguement. What's winning the arguement to them?You suffering.

You could try to give her a little more time on a Sunday or something, but also let her know that you're always gonna want to watch the game, andyou're always gonna want to play video games. Best compromise... choose one game that's being televised and let her know ahead of time that you'rewatching it. Then ask if there's something she wants to do the rest of the day. Do this like every other weekend, not every week or she'll get spoiledand then argue for you to give up the one game. That's the thing with them. Nothing is ever enough. They're never satisfied, so don't thinkyou'll find a solution. You just have to find a way of dealing with the difference that keeps her somewhat content while not sacrifcing too much

Originally Posted by Curious24

you need to change if you're 26 and playing video games.

grin.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
- Why are folks saying this as if it is true. 26 is too old to play games? Why?

Originally Posted by budahbro

you want my input? you 26.... put down the gaming sticks, you a grown $%# man you shouldnt feel the need to rely on the idiot box for escape, cut back on the sports. Relationship is about compromise, watch monday night football but do you really need to catch all the games on sunday? i follow my team on sunday, ill catch mnl and the rest i tune into sportscenter to catch up. If you feel you need to retreat and kick it wit the fellas go shoot some hoops/toss around the pigskin, if they all busy join an intramural league. Pretty sure wifey would be more accepting of your hobbies if they were more productive. No disrespect but c'mon you venting to niketalk so that tells me you either don't got any boys you can reach out too or you spend way too much time on this site. Most importantly you keep her happy she has nothing to complain about, meaning take your wife out once a week. Don't gotta spend all your hard earned dough but go catch a flick grab a bite to eat at the local pizza joint, coffee house to catch that local band what not... and after take her back to the cribz and spread those legs. I suspect she'll be less inclined to complain next time you and Tyrone are playing halo.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

before you lose your mind, let me tell you i know EXACTLY how you feel. i got married back in may (dated for 9 years beforehand). i had to change cities, quitmy cushy job, move in with my in-laws bc i dont have a job and she has a contract job so our income could literally be gone the next day. since ive been here,we had one big fight because i almost lost it. i told her i had to make all the compromises and all she had to do was make more closet space for me. let meremind you, we live with her parents! i had to change my sleep schedule, my eating habits, my partying habits...a 100% transformation.

it does get better. i learned that i am no longer living for myself but for both of us. you do have to put in more work but know this...women think differentfrom us. believe it or not, you are the center of her world right now (until yall have kids).

with the issues you listed, i think a couple of the nters gave sound advice. tivo and cutting back on the sports and video games. you really shouldnt befollowing all those games unless you a booky. from the sounds of it, youve had your fair share of women to know that the lady you married is the perfect girlfor you. you have to find something yall can do together that you both really like. for us, we like to watch tv shows together and we go running every dayafter work. it sounds boring, but that's what being domesticated is all about. and perhaps the most underrated thing we do together (besides the obvious)is hanging out with other married couples. i get WASTED at our friend's dinner get togethers. if you can do this once a month i promise it'll keep yousane.

and DO NOT go to the clubs without your wife. ive gone clubbing once since being married, and as soon as i stepped into the club, this chick comes up to me,licks my face and says "hi, i'm from croatia". of course my whooped married self lifted up my left hand and said "i'm married".plus there were plenty of her friends at the club who witnessed the whole thing so i had no option but to stay in check.

good luck to you. i hope it helped you out some and just know that some of us married men have it much worse than you.

Damn son. You just further put the thought of me getting married farther away in to the abyss of my mind.

I have many of the same feelings you have, just not married. (THANK GOD) wish you the best tho man. You got a kid? you said religious reasons, but no realmention of a kid. I know you aint wife just to sex...?

My condolences. I feel you 1-4. That's why I'm single, in college so I don't have to deal with all of 5. I recommend you do some healing with ajoint (sativa) and think on the situation. Go out and go to a club, do all that, remain faithful. Get your mind right. Do you.

this is what would happen if u leave her :
1.get back in the game for a bit and then get bored
2.realize it wasnt worth it
3.regret calling it quits for the rest of your life.... you never know what u have till its gone.

JoRdAn fEtIsH wrote:
3.regret calling it quits for the rest of your life.... you never know what u have till its gone.
YAWNNNN BORINGGGG

OP just kill her...honestly what do you have to lose?

If I was in your situation heres what I'd do.

1. Limit the sports watching. Sportscenter is a guys bestfriend because we can catch all the scores.
2. Limit the games too, that should'nt be hard they suck after the first week anyways.
3. When she argues and nags, just be quiet and let her win. A couple arguing and both standing their ground is never gonna end well.
4. When in a long term relationship we all miss the game. Just do the 5 knuckle shuffle or smash your chick often to keep urges down.

Originally Posted by AirThompson

If I was in your situation heres what I'd do.

1. Limit the sports watching. Sportscenter is a guys bestfriend because we can catch all the scores.
2. Limit the games too, that should'nt be hard they suck after the first week anyways.
3. When she argues and nags, just be quiet and let her win. A couple arguing and both standing their ground is never gonna end well.
4. When in a long term relationship we all miss the game. Just do the 5 knuckle shuffle or smash your chick often to keep urges down.
you sir, are a good man .

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

grin.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
I really answer to this question.

My husband is 45 and he's a huge video game freak.

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

JoRdAn fEtIsH wrote:
YAWNNNN BORINGGGG

OP just kill her...honestly what do you have to lose?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by marlsj

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

grin.gif
laugh.gif
grin.gif
I really answer to this question.

My husband is 45 and he's a huge video game freak.

my dad is 50-something and plays games. But he hasn't always been that way. My mom doesn't really care most of the time but when it dies bother herhe'll just chill for a minute.

good info here

my suggestions for 1-4 is that if she still wants to make it into a fight suprise her with a trip to a marriage counseler...
if that cost $$ have a third person to regulate,
perferbly someone neutral and smart in the psychology field...
if all else fails call Dr. Phil

1-4 can be worked out but you'll have to cut back on your part as well. As far as #5 goes it's going to work itself out on it's own you'llrealize that the dating game is no fun with all the work that's required. You'll find your woman is the best fit for you for the simple fact that sheputs up with your 1-4 problems. Stick with your woman real talk alot of fellas feel the same way about there wifes while married and once she's gonerealize they miss her.

Back
Top Bottom