NT recommend me a good starter guitar and amp

I want to learn how to play. Can anyone recommend me a good starter guitar and amp that isnt to expensive. Also is there a good site that teaches you thenotes or how to play. Thanks

i was thinking about this the other day hope u get some good responses so i can gain from them too

Depends what you think is expensive.

Fender Standard Strats are about $400-500, but buy them used. They'll be about $200-300. Amp doesn't really matter if you're starting, so just buya cheap combo amp, if you're just learning how to play. 100 watt combos are good enough for just playing at home, and should run you about $200 or so.

SX Guitars are another option, they're about $100-200 new. I'm not much of a guitar player, but I own the SX Jazz Bass from bongomusic.com, and itplays nicer than what its worth ($120). I'm sure the guitar is equally as good. Make sure you get your guitar properly set-up before you play it however.

Never go into a GuitarCenter, L&M, or any big name guitar store and say you are a new player and want to buy a guitar. Most GC's I've been to havehad terrible customer service and will try to take your money rather than give you advice.

Buy one of those starter packs. They'll last you for a good couple months. I would buy some better strings for them too. Hell, I still play my old Epi thathave from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom