NT Rock Music Thread

sb

i always hesitated to make this thread. minus whale give it a go.

ive noticed a lot of music threads on NT but have yet to see a great rock music thread. so here we go. welcome to the NT Rock Music Thread. from the beatles, led zeppelin, pink floyd, ac/dc, guns and roses to nirvana, pearl jam, rage against the machine, the smashing pumpkins to my chemical romance, taking back sunday, the killers and to the 2010s. all of it. there have been so many bands i have discovered through word of mouth or accidentally discovered. some bands never made it big but had some good tunes. want to let people know of a great up and coming band? deep cuts from artist that dont get much play? underrated bands? overrated bands? come on in. lets discuss and share all things rock music.

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce what did you think about the recent tool album? worth the wait or lackluster?

i wouldn't say worth the 13 years of longing and buildup, but it's pretty damn good. i still like Lateralus, Aenima, and 10,000 Days more (in that order) but it's very good and i'm still listening to it. Pneuma is as good a song as they've ever put out IMO...and Danny is masterclass on the drums in that one

Reactions: sb
sb sb good on you, man. i thought this was the metal thread at first when you @'d me but then saw it was a Rock thread :lol:

Rock is probably my fav genre so i'm all about this thread

• Love

this as good as it gets in drumming, man. it's INSANE. from like 6:45 minutes onward is just ridiculous.

if you watch reaction videos from drum teachers watching this, they're just at a loss of how he does this ****.

• Fire
Discovered this band, Hello Yello, when they opened for Clairo late last year (date with my girl, don't come for me. :lol:).

They are a mix of N.E.R.D., The Internet and Nirvana. Pretty dope sound.

i wouldn't say worth the 13 years of longing and buildup, but it's pretty damn good. i still like Lateralus, Aenima, and 10,000 Days more (in that order) but it's very good and i'm still listening to it. Pneuma is as good a song as they've ever put out IMO...and Danny is masterclass on the drums in that one

i hear you. maynard was too busy with a perfect circle. i know i mentioned it to you before, but eat the elephant is probably apc's best project. really good. 13 yrs was a long time between tool albums. too much time had gone by but cool to see them give it another go.

:lol: was literally just about to make this, here ya go:

never heard of them but will give them a listen. welcome to the thread.

sb sb good on you, man. i thought this was the metal thread at first when you @'d me but then saw it was a Rock thread :lol:

Rock is probably my fav genre so i'm all about this thread

1589476950846.png

cant go wrong with hendrix.

this as good as it gets in drumming, man. it's INSANE. from like 6:45 minutes onward is just ridiculous.

if you watch reaction videos from drum teachers watching this, they're just at a loss of how he does this ****.

:emoji_fire:

Not yet but thanks for reminding me i need to download it. Talking Heads is the most underrated band ever IDC IDC

whats your top 5 talking heads songs? ill give them a spin. have not heard much of their music.

A few faves

soad, dire straits and rhcp some good choices. staind had a good run in their prime. welcome to the thread.

Discovered this band, Hello Yello, when they opened for Clairo late last year (date with my girl, don't come for me. :lol:).

They are a mix of N.E.R.D., The Internet and Nirvana. Pretty dope sound.

nice. i will give them a listen. welcome to the thread.

Attachments

• 1589476952468.png
    1589476952468.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 465
discovered this band in college. they never made it big but their album a hostage and the meaning of life is one the best albums i have ever listened to. below is a great track off their album.

Took a while to like QOTSA because I hated No One Knows lol
Shouldn't judge an artist or a band by one song

nice. ill give them a listen.

Took a while to like QOTSA because I hated No One Knows lol
Shouldn't judge an artist or a band by one song

how did you not like no one knows? great song. qotsa fly under the radar. good band.

Back
Top Bottom