NT: School me on Bruce Lee

So I watched Game of Death last night and this is only the 2nd Bruce Lee movie I've seen. Besides this being quite possible the worst martial arts film Ican recall, I can't say that I was too impressed with Bruce Lee. His fighting is cool and all but that was about it. I'm not sure if I should belooking more into it but there really wasn't much going on. His "swag"
grin.gif
during the fights is really entertaining though.

Oh, and watching him fight >>>>>> hearing him fight. He sounds like a dying animal. Its mad annoying.

Basically I guess I'm just a spoiled Jackie Chan fan. Dude is funny, he does all his own stunts, and his fights are
pimp.gif
. I'm really trying to fully "get" Bruce Lee but I might just goback to Jackie Chan.

Gordon Liu's/ Shaw Brothers martial arts movies are 10 times better than Bruce Lee's movies as far as fight scenes are concerned.

Watch his movies in this order

The Big Boss
Fist Of Fury
The Way Of The Dragon
Enter The Dragon
Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey

The best thing about that release of Game Of Death is the opening credits...

Martial Arts revolutionary.

Inventor of Jeet Kune Do and father of MMA.

Changed the action film genre forever.

Philosopher.

Civil Rights activist.

Brilliant soul.

Wow some dudes are crazy disrespectful "any mma fighter would handle him"? Dude was a beast not for nothing so is Jackie Chan but give credit whereits due. He used to spar any dude who asked for it on set. The Man was a legend. Check out the 1 inch punch.

i'm a huge bruce lee fan....but his movies are kinda whack.

pick up some of his books and check out some of his interviews.

he was a very wise man

Huey P put it best. I got more respect especially after seeing that interview series posted, if it wasn't for him a lot of these so called "MMAfighters." Wouldn't even be involved in the fighting scene... and that's not even a reach. Oh yeah and even for Jackie Chan fans, Jackie himselfalso respected Bruce Lee, FTR.

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

Yeah, his movies are boring to me also
grin.gif
. I definitely prefer Jet Li
pimp.gif
or Jackie Chan
smokin.gif

These dudes only came about because Bruce paved the way.

His impact on film was like Mike/Dr.J/magic on the court. He shook up the game and opened the lane for everyone else.

Before Bruce cinema was dominated by Westerns , predictable and modest action sequences.

He came on the scene, kicking, screaming and running through dozens of enemies. Doing his own stunts and choreography and just took action to a whole differentlevel.

Asian and Hollywood cinema totally switched up their style after Bruce. Even the Shaw brothers...watch their films before Bruce and after Bruce. Totallydifferent movies.

The world had never seen anything like him before.

All of these double pistol toting, Van Damme kicking, human super hero action flicks that are out now are a result of Bruces influence.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

overrated and any MMA fighter would handle him

he made movies, he was an actor

/thread
Randy Couture makes movies. Guess he's just an actor too.

Back
Top Bottom