NT - School Me On Footscape Wovens

After years of hearing Dirty & others speak on them & seeing a few pairs go for cheaper prices on eBay, I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago andcopped two pairs.

Love'em.

Now, the questions are...

Why are they so coveted & costly? All I can vaguely remember is Robin Williams wearing them and people making a huge fuss over it, proclaiming them as thenext big thing. (Anybody still got a pic of him in them?)

What are some reasonably priced ones that are obtainable?

Word to the wise, which I had to learn the hard way, cop a size down because they feel better snug, like Rifts. For that reason, my size 13 is currently oneBay & being replaced by a 12
laugh.gif

Gotty - i know you wear in the sz13 range. what size did you get in the 'scape wovens? what size do you wear in Max 1's / Force 1's / Dunks?

thanks in advance

I wear a 13 in almost any and every shoe & can fit a 12.5 if I have to.

For Wovens and Rifts, I rock a 12.

A 13 fit. But w/shoes like those two, I've just always found that they fit & feel better when they're snug on your foot. With a 13, I had thatgeneral clearance of space, that thumbnail, that you'd want in a regular shoe but not w/these.

Hope that helps.

It was a $100 lesson I learned b/c the seller I copped from doesn't do returns.

^ thanks alot.

i really want to buy that 13 u have up on eBay, but funds are low right now. maybe ill talk myself into it. (probably)

Yeah, I don't want to turn this into a buy/sell thread but you can hit me up. [email protected]. Not looking for much on those except to recoup some ofwhat I spent. Dope*#$%% colorway and I can't wait to get my hands on the proper size.

Anybody else with some insights, opinions, etc? Or even that Robin Williams pic.

i fricken love my woven footscapes and yes they run kinda large so going down at least a half size is good (even go down a full size in the hybrids). lemme digsome up and take some pics.

it started with the world cups when i grabbed my usa pair from the good peeps at st. alfreds. these shoes are great and i have to say that the"hamsters" are one of my favorite of all the pairs that i own. i need to be on the lookout for another pair in my size to keep after this one wearsout. i also prefer the regular sole unit to the 360.

295404845.jpg

next big thing?

i heard ndemandshoes.com made it their flagship sneaker - then it went belly up. haha, im kiddin. wheres that european cat who lives out here in rhode islandor something.

I was thinkin about getting a pair online. Whats a good price that these go for anyway..i saw some for 160 that seems like alot but im not sure.

Got white Hideouts and US World Cups. Loving them both. I also have hTm footscape rainbows, might flip them though.

Paix
c.

i heard ndemandshoes.com made it their flagship sneaker
O rly
laugh.gif
?

i also prefer the regular sole unit to the 360.
Agreed. The regular joint feels lower and way better.

The green pair are the World Cups, right? HTM joints are one of the vibrant colorways?

Whats a good price that these go for anyway
That's kinda where I'm @. I'm trying to find go-to spots to get them & find out what the going prices are. I know I've alwaysheard them popping up @ outlets over the years.

yeah the green ones are the mexico world cups. i bought those from nortberlin.com. here are 2 more pics of shoes taken from another site:

i've seen these in small sizes only and i wouldn't mind a pair in 27cm
295490159.jpg

and these samples are straight fire - i'd kill for a pair
295490161.jpg

those blue joints are kinda flame.

That green pair related to the Harris Tweeds in any way?

I've always wanted to get a pair of these, but somehow I never end up buying them. How do these run? I'm assuming true to size.

Wait, isn't the footscape woven a fairly new hybrid shoe? I remember wovens and I remember footscapes, I don't remember a combination of the 2 untilrecently. Then again I've never paid much attention to either.

^ You may be right b/c I think Wovens were a diff shoe & they didn't have laces at all.

Yea, here are the plain wovens.
img10142007235.jpeg

I remember these were popular in Japan, or maybe Asia in general but I don't remember ever seeing them in the US.

I like wovens, but they don't look good on me. If you rock them with shorts you need skinny legs (like rifts and regular wovens). Hopefully in a few monthsI can stop doing the heavy lifting and just bust cardio and drop in size and not so bulky.

I hope there isn't a new found hype over these. I've been contemplating a few pairs on eBay and I don't want the price to go up.

i almost picked up a pair of footscape wovens (the off-white/pink ones), but i thought they made my feet look really wide. personally, i think they look betterin pics and on shelves than they do on feet.

Originally Posted by NikembeJETTA

I hope there isn't a new found hype over these. I've been contemplating a few pairs on eBay and I don't want the price to go up.

Doubt that happens. From what little I do remember over the years, the prices have been steady. Some models hit outlets, then others go for insane amounts& then there's all the pairs in b/w. But it's always been a "cult" shoe.
Atar1 - Try on a pair if you like Rifts. They definitely look & feel good. But I know the sentiment. I feel the same way about certain shoes &colorways.

I have a pair of Woven chukkas that I love. I want some wovens, but snkrs w/ no laces never seem to fit me right, but there are a lot of nice c/w's thataren't that expensive.

Gotty - I would check some Jp. sites. Also, Bill Murray wore a pair of wovens in the movie Lost in translation(Hiroshi Fujiwara also makes a cameo). That c/whas since grabbed some attention.

Ever since the first footscape wovens dropped, I been in love with them...I jsut never had a chance to cop...

I'm FIENDING for one of the footscape woven 360 hybrid.

To clear things out:

Air Footscape (running shoes. It all started here):

air_footscape_asia.jpg

Air (Rainbow) Wovens (popular in Japan and UK. Most famous are HTM versions):

109-0995_IMG.JPG

Footscape wovens (a mix between Footscapes and Rainbow Wovens. First dropped as a Football Worldcup pack and with the Hideout versions right after):

n_airfootscape_greypink_02.jpg

Footscape Woven 360 (first released as One Time Only shoes, but first seen on Futura's feet):

1177402950.jpg

Footscape Woven Chukka (last year as Fragment release in three colorways):

footscape3.jpg

Footscape Woven with free sole (not sure if released except samples and Japan):

nike-free-woven.jpg

Paix
c.

Back
Top Bottom