NT: School Me on Multiple Monitors

Originally Posted by kdawg

This is what I have in my office - like someone already said you can watch a movie or stream sports while working on something else. Twin 22" monitors which aren't expensive now.

2eku684.jpg

I'm still thinking about bring my 32" TV from home (it was huge when I bought it 8 years ago but I want something bigger now) and putting that as the middle one. I would mount it to the wall too which would free up some desk space.
Being a former user of 32" LED TV as computer display myself, I wouldn't advise using a 32" TV as a computer monitor. That  was the very reason why I just purchased the Dell 23" monitor. It really brought some discomfort to my eyes. 
sick.gif
 TV monitors have a really different contrast compared to computer monitors. The eye strain just went away powering up my the new monitor right out of the box.
Would really advise against it as a primary display, but it would definitely be nice as an accessory display to show movies on -which is what I have in mind at the moment. 
smokin.gif

I use mine at home a bit - if I'm streaming sports I can plug my laptop into the TV - and it looks pretty good. It has a PC input. I haven't tried it on my desk though.

My kids want it in their room hooked up to the Wii anyway so we'll see who wins that battle...

^ Yeah, streaming video should be fine, but working up close and typing stuff on a screen that large... really gives one some nasty eye strain.

To be honest, it mostly has to do with the viewing distance. A 32" screen's recommended viewing distance is around 4.5 feet.

On a side note, I hope that PC Input is at least be HDMI. VGA resolution on a large monitor.
sick.gif
Save your eyes.

I run 2 23" LED monitors off of my Macbook Air and Macbook Pro with a Kensington usb adapter until I build my gaming rig later this year
I don't know how I ever used a computer with one monitor if my desk was bigger I'd use 3 or 4

i had 2, bought a monitor on black friday and returned it within a week
was way too much on the eyes

I use two monitors when I'm at home with my laptop. My brother gave me his old 19" widescreen monitor and I put it above my desk while I use my 13" Dell laptop. I have this like 13" monitor laying around, I'll give it to you for free if you're local. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom