#NT School me on SUITS vol. SUIT UP !

Originally Posted by Meangene4

stay away from black suits go with gray or navy.

may I ask why?

black is very common and it seems like it can be worn at any event

Originally Posted by Meangene4

stay away from black suits go with gray or navy.

may I ask why?

black is very common and it seems like it can be worn at any event

get a navy suit, grey is okay, too. you can get a black suit when you have the job.

make sure it's a double slit one in the back. no slits mean no flexibility and one slit looks cheap.

make sure the sleeves show a little bit of your shirt cuff lining, otherwise get them tailored to do so, it looks more much custom tailored to you and professional.

as for buttons, it depends on your body shape. if you're a huge buff guy, then two buttons, otherwise, a three button is recommended. remember to never button the bottom button!

the back of the jacket should be covering the back of your butt, also. as for the pants, if you're short, then don't get them cuffed. if you're tall, then get them cuffed, it's a look i personally prefer more.

as for material, aim for 100% wool. polyester maybe okay... it just looks too synthetic to me. linen is very casual and a summer kind of suit. cotton wrinkles like crazy, don't even bother.

and finally for brand, each brand produces a different cut, you just have to try out a bunch of different suits. like for burberry for example is more a boxy british cut, while hugo boss and zegna are a more slim cut. try a bunch on and decide for yourself. the main thing you're looking for is whether the shoulders fit or not. if they don't, don't waste your money. and definitely try for a slim cut suit.

hope this helps.

get a navy suit, grey is okay, too. you can get a black suit when you have the job.

make sure it's a double slit one in the back. no slits mean no flexibility and one slit looks cheap.

make sure the sleeves show a little bit of your shirt cuff lining, otherwise get them tailored to do so, it looks more much custom tailored to you and professional.

as for buttons, it depends on your body shape. if you're a huge buff guy, then two buttons, otherwise, a three button is recommended. remember to never button the bottom button!

the back of the jacket should be covering the back of your butt, also. as for the pants, if you're short, then don't get them cuffed. if you're tall, then get them cuffed, it's a look i personally prefer more.

as for material, aim for 100% wool. polyester maybe okay... it just looks too synthetic to me. linen is very casual and a summer kind of suit. cotton wrinkles like crazy, don't even bother.

and finally for brand, each brand produces a different cut, you just have to try out a bunch of different suits. like for burberry for example is more a boxy british cut, while hugo boss and zegna are a more slim cut. try a bunch on and decide for yourself. the main thing you're looking for is whether the shoulders fit or not. if they don't, don't waste your money. and definitely try for a slim cut suit.

hope this helps.

Black is for funerals, or upscale events. You can't really do a job interview in a black suit.

Also another piece of advice is you might want to go with a cheaper suit (200 - 250) and then get it tailored to fit.

Black is for funerals, or upscale events. You can't really do a job interview in a black suit.

Also another piece of advice is you might want to go with a cheaper suit (200 - 250) and then get it tailored to fit.

Dunno your build or anything like that. But if you're getting it at Macy's, Alfani Red is fine. They are cut pretty well and are fairly cheap. Either way I'd say get it in Slim Fit. They are cut closer at the waist and usually the pants have a nice taper to them without being skin tight.

As for the black suit, it's fine for a wedding. But you said you wanted to use it more than once. I'd get grey/charcoal first, then Navy (pinstripes with brown shoes is my fav!), and then black as the last color choice (not solid but with pinstripes if you have to).

Dunno your build or anything like that. But if you're getting it at Macy's, Alfani Red is fine. They are cut pretty well and are fairly cheap. Either way I'd say get it in Slim Fit. They are cut closer at the waist and usually the pants have a nice taper to them without being skin tight.

As for the black suit, it's fine for a wedding. But you said you wanted to use it more than once. I'd get grey/charcoal first, then Navy (pinstripes with brown shoes is my fav!), and then black as the last color choice (not solid but with pinstripes if you have to).

Back
Top Bottom