NT: Staying Positive Thread Vol. Good Vibes

Do you have your eyes open for ways to grow?  When you do, you can find lessons in the most unlikely places.  Here are some great lessons from the wall at Jimmy John’s.  I find a lot of value in these statements, and re-read them most mornings.

I believe…

that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I believe…

that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don’t even know you.

I believe…

that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.

I believe…

that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe…

that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.

I believe…

that sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.

I believe…

that just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

I believe…

that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you’ve had and what you’ve learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you’ve celebrated.

I believe…

that it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe…

that no matter how bad your heart is broken that the world doesn’t stop for your grief.

I believe…

that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe…

that just because two people argue, it doesn’t mean they don’t love each other.  And just because they don’t argue, it doesn’t mean they do.

I believe…

that you shouldn’t be eager to find out a secret.  It could change your life forever.

I believe…

that it’s taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe…

that you should always leave loved ones with loving well wishes. It may be the last time you see them.

I believe…

that you can keep going long after you can’t.

I believe…

that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe…

that we don’t have to change friends, if we understand that friends change.

I believe…

that no matter how good a friend is, they’re going to hurt you once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I believe…

that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I believe…

that you either control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe…

that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, that passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

I believe…

that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I believe…

that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I believe…

that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe…

that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I believe…

that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you’re down, will be the ones who help you get back up.

Read more: http://dotconnectorblog.com/wisdom-wall-jimmy-johns/#ixzz1ZU0eCegZ

Do you have your eyes open for ways to grow?  When you do, you can find lessons in the most unlikely places.  Here are some great lessons from the wall at Jimmy John’s.  I find a lot of value in these statements, and re-read them most mornings.

I believe…

that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I believe…

that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don’t even know you.

I believe…

that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help.

I believe…

that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe…

that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.

I believe…

that sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.

I believe…

that just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.

I believe…

that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you’ve had and what you’ve learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you’ve celebrated.

I believe…

that it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe…

that no matter how bad your heart is broken that the world doesn’t stop for your grief.

I believe…

that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe…

that just because two people argue, it doesn’t mean they don’t love each other.  And just because they don’t argue, it doesn’t mean they do.

I believe…

that you shouldn’t be eager to find out a secret.  It could change your life forever.

I believe…

that it’s taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe…

that you should always leave loved ones with loving well wishes. It may be the last time you see them.

I believe…

that you can keep going long after you can’t.

I believe…

that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe…

that we don’t have to change friends, if we understand that friends change.

I believe…

that no matter how good a friend is, they’re going to hurt you once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I believe…

that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I believe…

that you either control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe…

that regardless of how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, that passion fades and there had better be something else to take its place.

I believe…

that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I believe…

that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I believe…

that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe…

that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I believe…

that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you’re down, will be the ones who help you get back up.

Read more: http://dotconnectorblog.com/wisdom-wall-jimmy-johns/#ixzz1ZU0eCegZ

after 2 month vacation with my family

I can say that I can actually hold a conversation with my mother, we used to argue everyday

it's different but I like the change

I can say that I can actually hold a conversation with my mother, we used to argue everyday

Originally Posted by FullTech

Makes your frustrated with yourself that you wasted so much time not getting along I bet.
tired.gif

Makes your frustrated with yourself that you wasted so much time not getting along I bet.
tired.gif

These type of threads are a godsend.
I was reading it thinkin about my wrestling season coming up.
I had many goals (varsity, undefeated, etc)
But everytime I think of what I can achieve I always hear a voice in my own head doubting
Its pretty f'ed up if you think about it
You are your own enemy in a way
Well, it's time for me (or anyone who identifies) to silence this voice
Well that's my 2 cents
Stay Positive Nike Talk!

But everytime I think of what I can achieve I always hear a voice in my own head doubting
Well that's my 2 cents
Stay Positive Nike Talk!

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

What's up y'all?

I just wanted to say that this is one of the best threads on NT. Period.

I've been on NT since I was 14 back in 03, so guess you say this is almost like a second home.
laugh.gif
But back in 2005 I was involved in a drive by shooting and this kid ended up getting shot in the leg so I was charged with aggravated battery and was sent to prison for 2 years. This was hands down the worst decision I have ever made that I still regret it to this day. And with me being a felon, y'all should already know how difficult it is to get a job in this economic climate. I'm 22 and still livin with mom dukes. Granted, I have a job but that right there aint cutting it, i'm workin 30 hours which is just enough for me to barely survive, and with me being almost 6 grand in debt to the state for restitution, it's placed my mental under a lot of pressure. Today I met this dude at gas station and he was driving this van and he told me that his company was black owned and were looking for servers so I gave it a shot went in and applied, nothing is guaranteed, but it's worth the effort. But it's you guys that keep optimistic about life. Even tho I'm on my **** right now, all I can do is remain dilligent and persevere though these tough times, and its you guys who have instilled this mentality in me. I thank the lord for today and pray for a better tomorrow. So I just wanna thank y'all. Y'all the ones who keep my moral up and keep me motivated.
pimp.gif
Wish you the best man. I got a felony scare when I just turned 18 back in '09. Went down to a misdemeanor luckily but I know how you feel in a way.
Love this thread. Glad to hear of all the positive vibes going on 
pimp.gif

Nothing has changed much from the last time I checked in this thread except I met an amazing girl who is currently my GF. She makes me happy. Still holding my same dollar store job and going to school. My sister told me of how her job is always hiring and looking for new people. She deals with foreclosed homes and the negotiations behind it and what not. She said come January when the classes start up, she'll be able to get me a job. Starting at $12.50/hr full time with unlimited OT($20/hr) and hella benefits
pimp.gif
I have been waiting for something like this to pop. If all of this goes through nicely, I'll finally be able to buy a new car, help my Mother and Father out more and eventually move out with time and saving. Life changing if this can happen for me. I keep praying.

Stay positive NT!!! Everyone's time will come with patience!

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

What's up y'all?

I just wanted to say that this is one of the best threads on NT. Period.

I've been on NT since I was 14 back in 03, so guess you say this is almost like a second home.
laugh.gif
But back in 2005 I was involved in a drive by shooting and this kid ended up getting shot in the leg so I was charged with aggravated battery and was sent to prison for 2 years. This was hands down the worst decision I have ever made that I still regret it to this day. And with me being a felon, y'all should already know how difficult it is to get a job in this economic climate. I'm 22 and still livin with mom dukes. Granted, I have a job but that right there aint cutting it, i'm workin 30 hours which is just enough for me to barely survive, and with me being almost 6 grand in debt to the state for restitution, it's placed my mental under a lot of pressure. Today I met this dude at gas station and he was driving this van and he told me that his company was black owned and were looking for servers so I gave it a shot went in and applied, nothing is guaranteed, but it's worth the effort. But it's you guys that keep optimistic about life. Even tho I'm on my **** right now, all I can do is remain dilligent and persevere though these tough times, and its you guys who have instilled this mentality in me. I thank the lord for today and pray for a better tomorrow. So I just wanna thank y'all. Y'all the ones who keep my moral up and keep me motivated.
pimp.gif
Wish you the best man. I got a felony scare when I just turned 18 back in '09. Went down to a misdemeanor luckily but I know how you feel in a way.
Love this thread. Glad to hear of all the positive vibes going on 
pimp.gif

Nothing has changed much from the last time I checked in this thread except I met an amazing girl who is currently my GF. She makes me happy. Still holding my same dollar store job and going to school. My sister told me of how her job is always hiring and looking for new people. She deals with foreclosed homes and the negotiations behind it and what not. She said come January when the classes start up, she'll be able to get me a job. Starting at $12.50/hr full time with unlimited OT($20/hr) and hella benefits
pimp.gif
I have been waiting for something like this to pop. If all of this goes through nicely, I'll finally be able to buy a new car, help my Mother and Father out more and eventually move out with time and saving. Life changing if this can happen for me. I keep praying.

Stay positive NT!!! Everyone's time will come with patience!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

tired.gif

yup.

I'm just glad there's less yelling in the house
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

tired.gif

yup.

I'm just glad there's less yelling in the house
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Sup fellas?

sg5tmr.jpg

I used to be one of the most positive people around and somehow slowly but surely lost that mentality/mind state.

This thread has gotten me inspired to get back to that place on a consistent basis.

From this point forward, I'm going to do my best to keep negativity off NT and hopefully that carries over to the real world.

It already feelsgoodman.

20k9hm8.jpg

fambs....

i dont think you understand the epicness of that first gif...

eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Sup fellas?

sg5tmr.jpg

I used to be one of the most positive people around and somehow slowly but surely lost that mentality/mind state.

This thread has gotten me inspired to get back to that place on a consistent basis.

From this point forward, I'm going to do my best to keep negativity off NT and hopefully that carries over to the real world.

It already feelsgoodman.

20k9hm8.jpg

fambs....

i dont think you understand the epicness of that first gif...

eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Friend hooked it up with a job after nearly 2 months of unemployment. I get to dress nice everyday there. Still havent found the part i need for my car, but i feel it should happen soon. Im relaxed and im slowly learning new things, trying to make sure everyday i wake up is different from the last. 
Spoiler [+]
praise allah

Friend hooked it up with a job after nearly 2 months of unemployment. I get to dress nice everyday there. Still havent found the part i need for my car, but i feel it should happen soon. Im relaxed and im slowly learning new things, trying to make sure everyday i wake up is different from the last. 
Spoiler [+]
praise allah

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Well that's my 2 cents
Stay Positive Nike Talk!

my current hardship...
ohwell.gif

Well that's my 2 cents
Stay Positive Nike Talk!

my current hardship...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by imthekang

Well that's my 2 cents
Stay Positive Nike Talk!

my current hardship...
ohwell.gif

Worse then any critic, too.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by imthekang

Well that's my 2 cents
Stay Positive Nike Talk!

my current hardship...
ohwell.gif

Worse then any critic, too.
ohwell.gif

Wassup again everyone,

Since we just lost an NT brother Chrisin2D and Thanksgiving is today.

I just want to give a minor troll bump of an old thread (and hopefully continued beneficial one at that) and I personally thank each and everyone of you for being an inspiration and contributing to this ongoing chain of strength and support. Especially when I myself (or many other fellow NTers) wanted to give up so many times in certain points of our lives life, during my entire time being on NT as well as, since starting this thread.

On a personal level, although I'm not making much, struggling paying my bills each day, working multiple jobs and trying to get a business venture off the ground. I'm most definitely thankful of having the little things, that many people around the world do not have: food, shelter, support (physical, mental and financial) and the means to live day by day to the fullest. 

Happy Thanksgiving NT peace, 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom