NT stock investors (chime in)

Recommend me some books about investing in stocks. I'm fairly new to all this and I wanted to educate myself about the stock market. Any help is appreciated.

Recommend me some books about investing in stocks. I'm fairly new to all this and I wanted to educate myself about the stock market. Any help is appreciated.

I used the internet to look up all the information I needed. I wouldn't say to go with massive books other then get a basic/quick guide to understanding it then look more into it. I don't think a book would do as much as one would think. At least it didnt for me.

I used the internet to look up all the information I needed. I wouldn't say to go with massive books other then get a basic/quick guide to understanding it then look more into it. I don't think a book would do as much as one would think. At least it didnt for me.

After watching the original Wall Street
grin.gif
i did some research and alot of people were recommending The Intelligent Investor.

Never read it though since i lost interest pretty quickly.

After watching the original Wall Street
grin.gif
i did some research and alot of people were recommending The Intelligent Investor.

Never read it though since i lost interest pretty quickly.

Make sure you get a copy with a newer chapter forward. It's incredibly dry and old fashioned (original text). Just got Security Analysis.

Make sure you get a copy with a newer chapter forward. It's incredibly dry and old fashioned (original text). Just got Security Analysis.

[*]Market Wizards by Jack D. Schwager. This book details interviews with top traders. It covers topics such as discipline, risk management, consistency, and capital preservation among others. And, its especially a good read for the people he's interviewed. Commentary by the likes of Bruce Kovner (founder of hedge fund Caxton Associates who we track here on Market Folly) makes this book highly recommended.
from marketfolly

[*]Market Wizards by Jack D. Schwager. This book details interviews with top traders. It covers topics such as discipline, risk management, consistency, and capital preservation among others. And, its especially a good read for the people he's interviewed. Commentary by the likes of Bruce Kovner (founder of hedge fund Caxton Associates who we track here on Market Folly) makes this book highly recommended.
from marketfolly

there are so many ways to invest in stocks..
no matter what people tell you, you cant win against the big boys...

there are so many ways to invest in stocks..
no matter what people tell you, you cant win against the big boys...

^Tons of individual traders/investors turn a profit. It's all about discipline and confidence in your knowledge. However, one has to build that knowledge first and that HAS to be a lengthy process. Develop clear fundamental and technical strategies before even thinking about putting money in. Also, always have stops!!! I'm not a trader/investor but I know some.

^Tons of individual traders/investors turn a profit. It's all about discipline and confidence in your knowledge. However, one has to build that knowledge first and that HAS to be a lengthy process. Develop clear fundamental and technical strategies before even thinking about putting money in. Also, always have stops!!! I'm not a trader/investor but I know some.

It's all about getting as much knowledge as possible. I'm no expert but I've turned a profit from sound investing and research in the last year. Just make sure you don't rush things and read up.

It's all about getting as much knowledge as possible. I'm no expert but I've turned a profit from sound investing and research in the last year. Just make sure you don't rush things and read up.

Research is key, but if you don't know how to price things your research won't be really beneficial

Research is key, but if you don't know how to price things your research won't be really beneficial

something that helps me a lot is to print, write, scan, etc items down and make folders and have an area to work in that isn't stacked with other stuff. YOu have to take this seriously I always say.

Those are good books to read but you should also ask questions to other actual stock brokers to get better at the market. Books get old but they are useful, but you must also want and get new useful informaiton.

Back
Top Bottom