NT/Team Fitness What (non-school) gym do you go to?

I know all the big chains are basically the same all across the US so I figure any input from your area would work for me.

I am thinking of switching, gonna get some free passes and whatnot and check out some new places, just looking for input. 

So far the only one I have a pass for is Equinox. I have lifted at LA Fitness locations before a bunch of times w/some buddies since they are members.....didn't really dig it. 

I don't want to check out anywhere:

-that discourages heavy lifting (that one chain that has alarms that go off if you drop a weight? 
sick.gif
is that planet fitness?) or targeted towards pilates or that other nonsense
-on the cheaper side that has old equipment/dirty everything

basically it's gotta be clean and nice and have squat racks and bench presses.

OK....go. Thanks in advance.

I know all the big chains are basically the same all across the US so I figure any input from your area would work for me.

I am thinking of switching, gonna get some free passes and whatnot and check out some new places, just looking for input. 

So far the only one I have a pass for is Equinox. I have lifted at LA Fitness locations before a bunch of times w/some buddies since they are members.....didn't really dig it. 

I don't want to check out anywhere:

-that discourages heavy lifting (that one chain that has alarms that go off if you drop a weight? 
sick.gif
is that planet fitness?) or targeted towards pilates or that other nonsense
-on the cheaper side that has old equipment/dirty everything

basically it's gotta be clean and nice and have squat racks and bench presses.

OK....go. Thanks in advance.

You live near an Army/ Military base? Their gyms are free and have everything generally.

You live near an Army/ Military base? Their gyms are free and have everything generally.

Local gym not any of those chain gym's. Every time I went to one those chain places as a guest it sucked balls and filled with ******s.

Do you live close to a major University? Those are usually the best gyms ( up to date equipment, clean, roomy, etc.).

Do you live close to a major University? Those are usually the best gyms ( up to date equipment, clean, roomy, etc.).

Local gym not any of those chain gym's. Every time I went to one those chain places as a guest it sucked balls and filled with ******s.

24hr fitness is great, however your specific preference really depends on the which 24hr gym you go to. 

Back
Top Bottom