NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

Currently reading:

102509_game_1.jpg

Great read thus far.
pimp.gif

the giver. bored me at the beginning, but it being such an easy read.. would be dumb to not just finish it already

oh and, even if you've seen the movie.. ppl need to READ shutter island. such a great great book, much better than the movie (which i really enjoyed also)

Untouchables: My Family's Triumphant Journey Out of the Caste System in Modern India by Narendra Jadhav.

I've been on a bit of a reading tear past couple of days.
I've read:

Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger--probably my favorite book he's published
Half of Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger--A Perfect Day to be a Banafish is
pimp.gif

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew--nothing wrong with catching up on childhood. Plan on running through the whole series while finally getting around to reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I want to give the Harry Potter books a read as well this summer.

the-brief-wondrous-life-of-oscar-wao-by-junot-diaz.jpg

started reading this last night.

quick question for those that have read the giver.. does the giver just end like that? with jonas and gabriel hearing the music when they go down the hill? or are there other books that follow it? want to know what happened after that, to the town he left behind.

Originally Posted by air in822

Originally Posted by Physicx

a thousand splendid suns by hosseini

done part 1 and supposed to finish the rest of the book by class on tuesday
laugh.gif
smh.gif
If you were the least bit interested in the book, it should've been nearly impossible to put down at a certain point, at least it was for me.  I should finish up The Kite Runner tomorrow then I'll probably head out to 1/2 price books to see what I can pick up.
i couldnt put it down when i started reading it again, especially once laila moved in w/ rasheed and mariam

finished the rest in one sitting
pimp.gif

Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin

Just started reading Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice after i saw the movie i was interested in it and i found out it was connected with the movie Queen of The Damned so i wanna see how the story line goes this vampire history is pretty intriguing

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

Just started reading Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice after i saw the movie i was interested in it and i found out it was connected with the movie Queen of The Damned so i wanna see how the story line goes this vampire history is pretty intriguing
It's the beginning of the Vampire Chronicles. Interview is one of my favorite Gothic literature books and it's much better than the movie. Tom Cruise kind of ruined it for me. If you like Interview check out The Vampire Lestat next since that's kind of like a little prequel and more extensive history of Lestat.

just started reading Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. Basically provides a different perspective on the science of success

just bought a few kurt vonnegut books
mother night
cats cradle
breakfast of champions
sirens of titan

these will probably hold me down for a few months, not a heavy reader

I might have to stop this book mid way just so I can pick up Shutter Island. After seeing the movie I can only imagine how good the book is.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I might have to stop this book mid way just so I can pick up Shutter Island. After seeing the movie I can only imagine how good the book is.

I haven't watched the movie yet, but the book was excellent. The buildup toward the ending was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom