NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

Almost done reading this. I had no idea so much drama went on with the Gucci family. Crazy how it seems like a fiction novel yet it's all real. 

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I might have to stop this book mid way just so I can pick up Shutter Island. After seeing the movie I can only imagine how good the book is.

I haven't watched the movie yet, but the book was excellent. The buildup toward the ending was fantastic.

Whoever wrote the screenplay for the movie is a genius. It was unreal. Everything about the movie was just phenomenal.

0470517344.jpg

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

0470517344.jpg

looks like an interesting read.  I'm currently reading All the Kings Men.  Hope to get to my Mayan/2012 book soon. 

Berkelely, The Ethics
Hume, A Treatise to Human Nature
Shelly, Prometheus Unbound
Foer, Incredibly Loud and Dangerously Close

oh wait wait wait...you mean FOR FUN. naw, none of that.

I just started reading The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Pretty good so far.

BTW, I recommend everyone in this thread reads The Laughing Man by J.D. Salinger. It's an 18 page short story, but it's awesome and the substory in it is insane.

Just finished:

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

I'm reading Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane now. I've been ripping through books lately. I'm in the search for my next book to read.

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

Just finished:

I'm reading Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane now. I've been ripping through books lately. I'm in the search for my next book to read.

read drown next by junot diaz also. i finished oscar wao and i really liked it. reading down right now and i'm half way done.

you're going to enjoy shutter island, was already a really good book. check out the girl with the dragon tattoo also

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Moderate Gatsby said:
Just finished:

read drown next by junot diaz also. i finished oscar wao and i really liked it. reading down right now and i'm half way done.

you're going to enjoy shutter island, was already a really good book. check out the girl with the dragon tattoo also
Yeah, I've heard good things about Drown. I just want to give it some time before I read another Junot Diaz book. I like switching up the authors every time I pick up a new book. I wanted to get Sag Harbor but it's not available at my local Barnes & Noble until June 15th (Also happens to be Drake's TML's release date
laugh.gif
). I'm thinking I might read The Kite Runner next.

yeah i went to go pick up sag harbor for my cousin and they told me the paper back doesn't come out until june. got her oscar wao instead. get it when it comes out tho, good book IMO.

The next book I will be reading Caputo's "Rumor of war" which I have to finish in two weeks. (Haven't started yet) 

Tom Clancy: EndWar

I'm almost done with that though, itching to get World War Z though. I swear, books are one of the most underrated forms of entertainment these days. I want at least 20 books at the moment.
laugh.gif

Wow, I've never noticed this thread.

I'm currently splitting myself between catching up on books I never read in high school literature classes, books I've always wanted to read, and books friends have recommended.

Recently finished reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger.

Currently reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

In the queue: Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Kundera, Brief Interviews With Hideous Men by David Foster Wallace, and Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami.

Back
Top Bottom