NT, What Are You Reading? Vol. 2010

DSC00001-227x300.jpg

Smooth flowing narrative. Quick and to the point.

Summer of Night - Dan Simmons. I love this book. One of these years I'll get around to non fiction

Originally Posted by air in822

Anybody have an eReader? Thoughts on Kindle vs. Nook? Maybe even iPad?

I have the Sony PRS-505.

If you're looking for strictly an e-reader, the Sony's are the way to go imo. I'd also recommend the Ectaco jet Book Lite if you want a good sub $125 reader.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

This is a serious question, do people still get flagged for having books of certain genres?
I hope not, I bought Lolita a month ago.
I don't think that's what he meant. Lolita is one of the most well-known books of the last century.

Yeah I'm talking about so called "Red Literature". I know certain books we banned at one point I just want to know what kinds.

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

Beyond Good and Evil -Fredrick Nietzsche 

this takes 200% concentration and an online dictionary to read 
smh.gif
Lcuky, Homer's Odyssey  makes no sense
frown.gif

I read that book this year. I had to take my time and actually remember previous events.

But now I'm reading, Rich Dad, Poor Dad which i started yesterday and i should finish by today & I'm starting Life of Pi next week.

What did you think of Rich Dad, Poor Dad? I finished it recently after a friend's recommendation but I find some of the "mind over money" methods are a bit outlandish and unrealistic

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

This is a serious question, do people still get flagged for having books of certain genres?
I hope not, I bought Lolita a month ago.
I don't think that's what he meant. Lolita is one of the most well-known books of the last century.

But, that was the funny.

I haven't read in a while, any recommendations? Really open to any book that's well written, funny, fun, whatever.

Just finished Sag Harbor by Colson Whitehead. I didn't like it that much.

I'm reading The Blind Side by Michael Lewis now.

Back
Top Bottom